Login

russian armor

Do Germans NEED mg bunkers?

31 Mar 2014, 16:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 14:14 PMKatitof

We would have had it and many more already, but certain gaming community slushed the idea with their tears and refusal to adaptation to new units.

Trust me most of the beta commanders were pretty stupid
31 Mar 2014, 16:38 PM

You really want more DLC commanders? Pay2Win commanders is the single most complained about thing in this game by newbies and potential buyers. Whether it is true or not that they are P2W, the DLC commanders have greatly hurt the game's reputation and have continually upset balance with each release (even if they are balanced later on).

Yes, because I'm a diversity nut.
In mmos I can't play too long on main character, in shooters I frequently change my role, in rts I use various strats because it literally pains me if I need to repeat one over and over, so BALANCED DLC commanders are welcome.

You can call them P2W, but as you have seen with ET and SI, everything will be balanced at the end and since I'm planning on spending good few years with CoH2, I'm not going butthurt over something being too strong/too weak for some time, I'll simply adapt.

If commanders are balanced, relic can feel free to release as many as they can come up with, I'll get what I like and pass on the rest. The group that complained most about them were the idiots who thought they need to have all of them asap to stay competitive, ignoring the fact that default ones are still best ones.

There were mistakes with balance, but that got sorted and we can hope for new, balanced commanders in the future.
And if you complain about commander DLCs breaking the balance temporarily, then you should go batshit crazy over the new factions being added, because that will break the balance more then any commander so far and for much longer, see that current two factions are starting to get pretty balanced after 9 months, imagine what will happen if you throw 2 more into the mix. It will be OF all over again.
31 Mar 2014, 16:42 PM

well, honestly, i love it when my opponent gets a bunker. Unless its a medic/command bunker. Every single person seems to think that bunkers are supposed to be used at the frontline and be the first line of defence units. That is not the case. The germans did not build the maginot line. Bunkers are supposed to be used to protect say a fuel point or a flank
31 Mar 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 16:42 PMBurts
well, honestly, i love it when my opponent gets a bunker. Unless its a medic/command bunker. Every single person seems to think that bunkers are supposed to be used at the frontline and be the first line of defence units. That is not the case. The germans did not build the maginot line. Bunkers are supposed to be used to protect say a fuel point or a flank

... UM... The Germans built the even better Atlantic wall, miles of bunkers and obstacles as their first line of defense against the Allies. That was the case... Anyways, ZiS and T34's destroy bunkers even faster now. You will always need a Zis early, anyways.
31 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

... UM... The Germans built the even better Atlantic wall, miles of bunkers and obstacles as their first line of defense against the Allies. That was the case... Anyways, ZiS and T34's destroy bunkers even faster now. You will always need a Zis early, anyways.

Well, the Atlantic wall got breached pretty quickly in D-day, so ...
31 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 17:39 PMBurts

Well, the Atlantic wall got breached pretty quickly in D-day, so ...

Havent all bunkers? They are meant to stall the enemy and alert the main force to respond. Same for CoH2, and that is why they are at the front lines.
31 Mar 2014, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 16:38 PMKatitof

Yes, because I'm a diversity nut.
In mmos I can't play too long on main character, in shooters I frequently change my role, in rts I use various strats because it literally pains me if I need to repeat one over and over, so BALANCED DLC commanders are welcome.

You can call them P2W, but as you have seen with ET and SI, everything will be balanced at the end and since I'm planning on spending good few years with CoH2, I'm not going butthurt over something being too strong/too weak for some time, I'll simply adapt.

If commanders are balanced, relic can feel free to release as many as they can come up with, I'll get what I like and pass on the rest. The group that complained most about them were the idiots who thought they need to have all of them asap to stay competitive, ignoring the fact that default ones are still best ones.

There were mistakes with balance, but that got sorted and we can hope for new, balanced commanders in the future.
And if you complain about commander DLCs breaking the balance temporarily, then you should go batshit crazy over the new factions being added, because that will break the balance more then any commander so far and for much longer, see that current two factions are starting to get pretty balanced after 9 months, imagine what will happen if you throw 2 more into the mix. It will be OF all over again.
Well said. You definetly aren't alone in this opinion. Keep the DLC coming!
31 Mar 2014, 22:01 PM

Yes please, use soviet bunker commander instead of shock-IS2-ISU152-T34/85 commanders, it will be...........*harder* to win games as germans ^^
31 Mar 2014, 22:31 PM

You can call them P2W...

...And if you complain about commander DLCs breaking the balance temporarily, then you should go batshit crazy over the new factions being added

Jesus dude calm down, and stop trying to put words in my mouth. Try taking a breath and actually stating your opinion without hostility. I never said they are pay 2 win, I merely mentioned the fact that a super majority of people who bought the game and quit believe they are pay2win, along with a good number of people who WOULD buy the game list the dlc commanders as a reason they wont buy the game.

I do not want dlc commanders because they don't bring enough to the table, scare off players and potential players due to pay2win concerns/fears (real or not), and frequently are unbalanced for weeks when they first arrive until patched (which only adds to the p2w fears).
1 Apr 2014, 04:38 AM

Removing options is almost always bad. Bunkers are in a good place; they are easy to kill even without vehicles (mortars, AT guns, engineer demo charges, penal satchel).

1 Apr 2014, 04:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You can call them P2W, but as you have seen with ET and SI, everything will be balanced at the end...

I don't know, Elite Troops still strikes me as pretty damned stupid and not well balanced at all...

Watch Hans win a (in my opinion) completely undeserved victory against Price here, from 2:20:00 onwards:
http://www.twitch.tv/mtw_coh2/b/515908402

No offense intended to Hans, of course, just my observations re. the commander.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★