Login

russian armor

What the .... is up with the germans ?

PAGES (12)down
13 Apr 2014, 15:44 PM

T34 prettier than Panther or the magestic animal Elefant? Nope. (My opinion)
13 Apr 2014, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 15:37 PMBurts
Oh,and soviet t-34s look way better than german tanks.
Well, that´s highly subjective then as I find every T-34 version ugly as shit. The turret belongs into the middle of a vehicle, goddammit! ^^

Anyhow, all games with asymmetrical faction design focus on higher numbers on one faction and the higher quality units on the other one. I´ve always been a player who preferred the latter. I just don´t like the "throw away your stuff" mentality Soviets pursued.
13 Apr 2014, 16:13 PM

Umm... whatabout the Ostwind? And the Brummbar?

And anyway, Soviet infantry can do even less to German tanks, especially when you consider shreked Pgrens...

What can an Ostwind do against a t34? A Brummbar can be flanked and killed by a much cheaper t34. You must already lost the entire map if the opponent went for a Brummbar before you get a T34 or an SU85.

Let's switch that around to see what happens when Soviets have full map control from the Germans. One PIV would end up going against 4 t34s, or one PIV or Stug would have to take on a KV8 supported by AT guns, which the AT guns would definately kill the PIV a lot faster than a stug or PIV can destroy a KV8. You probably going to bring Tigers to this argument to which you shouldn't just blame the Tiger, but Relic's doctrine commanders because the Soviets can summon the IS2 the same way anyways.
13 Apr 2014, 16:37 PM

Well, that´s highly subjective then as I find every T-34 version ugly as shit. The turret belongs into the middle of a vehicle, goddammit! ^^

Anyhow, all games with asymmetrical faction design focus on higher numbers on one faction and the higher quality units on the other one. I´ve always been a player who preferred the latter. I just don´t like the "throw away your stuff" mentality Soviets pursued.

What are you blind? the t34 is beautiful, especially 85 variant.
13 Apr 2014, 16:45 PM

The 'throw away your stuff' mentality won the Soviets the war in 43-45 and allowed them to perform the 'Soviet Blitzkrieg'. The Soviets always subordinated combat ops for operational level objectives (Soviet Generals saw the big picture). The Wehr tended to be obsessed with the tactical level and below, and with maintaining kill ratios by adopting a near permanent mobile defense rather than offense. Their chief blunder in the east was to lose sight of the big picture, allow all pzD to fragment to improve mobile defense, and forget that they needed to establish strategic and operational reserves and finally 'attack' at that level once in a while to actually win a battle for once.

Soviets played chess with their armored force (smash vital positions with frontal armored attacks and then long range 'Soviet Blitzkrieg', sacrifice one chess piece to improve operational position) while short sighted Germans played checkers. (defend, lose ground, short range counterattacks, defend, lose ground,...)

I just don´t like the "throw away your stuff" mentality Soviets pursued.
13 Apr 2014, 19:35 PM

The 'throw away your stuff' mentality won the Soviets the war in 43-45 and allowed them to perform the 'Soviet Blitzkrieg'.
Meanwhile the western allies achieved the same by loosing much less men. All this disrespect for the individual that the Soviets had - it might won them the war, but I really don´t think treating your men like ants is cool.
13 Apr 2014, 20:36 PM

If Yanks are getting Pershing again, Germany getting the Kingtiger, Jagdtiger,there is no reason the Soviets shouldn't get SU-100 and T-44. T-44 would be so awesome...

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/tanks/t-44.php

Now that's a tank worthy of the Motherland.
13 Apr 2014, 20:54 PM

Not Germany, only the western front armies' german faction. Ostheer will be the same, I believe.
13 Apr 2014, 20:59 PM

If Yanks are getting Pershing again, Germany getting the Kingtiger, Jagdtiger,there is no reason the Soviets shouldn't get SU-100 and T-44. T-44 would be so awesome...

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/tanks/t-44.php

Now that's a tank worthy of the Motherland.

As awesome as T-44 is, its a post war tank really.
13 Apr 2014, 21:21 PM

Meanwhile the western allies achieved the same by loosing much less men. All this disrespect for the individual that the Soviets had - it might won them the war, but I really don´t think treating your men like ants is cool.

You should stop visiting amateur ww2 forums, you're obviously not learning much.
13 Apr 2014, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 20:59 PMKatitof

As awesome as T-44 is, its a post war tank really.

Well, Pershing was, if its in the game the t-44 should be in my opinion.
13 Apr 2014, 22:49 PM

Well, Pershing was, if its in the game the t-44 should be in my opinion.

13 Apr 2014, 22:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i don't want the soviets to have an equivlent tank of the mareicans but rather differnet tank that fits the faction.

su100
su122
13 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 22:53 PMWiFiDi
tbh i don't want the soviets to have an equivlent tank of the mareicans but rather differnet tank that fits the faction.

su100
su122

i would really like to see the su122, it would be like a beefed su76
14 Apr 2014, 10:02 AM

Soviets need only 3 tiers
1 there all infantry
2 light cars and tanks
3 su and katyusha and some heavy tank
Shitty design don't allow you use all soviet units
14 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM

Soviets need only 3 tiers
1 there all infantry
2 light cars and tanks
3 su and katyusha and some heavy tank
Shitty design don't allow you use all soviet units

Relic has already stated that they do not want soviet combined arms to be possible.
14 Apr 2014, 10:11 AM

Relic has already stated that they do not want soviet combined arms to be possible.

They also stated that soviet counterparts of units for that exact reason should be stronger/more flexible so 2-3 unit spam can overcome german combined arms. Reality? Exact opposite.
14 Apr 2014, 10:44 AM

You should stop visiting amateur ww2 forums, you're obviously not learning much.
The opinion of a guy calling himself the Red bear/Soviet bear with the national symbol of Russia (a bear) wearing a Russian cap on a picture resembling an old Soviet propaganda poster is definitely totally unbiased and more trustworthy. :p

Anyhow, it would be cool to have a SU-100 and ISU-122 in the game. But then again, I won´t have them as I don´t buy extra commanders.
14 Apr 2014, 14:56 PM

The opinion of a guy calling himself the Red bear/Soviet bear with the national symbol of Russia (a bear) wearing a Russian cap on a picture resembling an old Soviet propaganda poster is definitely totally unbiased and more trustworthy. :p

Anyhow, it would be cool to have a SU-100 and ISU-122 in the game. But then again, I won´t have them as I don´t buy extra commanders.

I am going off the limb to say you're an American you like the Whermatch/SS everything you know about ww2 is from cod/coh and you probably rarely if ever played the soviets.
Besides your comment is ungrateful you should be thanking people like me who actually play soviets on this crappy patch so people like you can enjoy playing around with your little pixel German soldiers, living out your Whermatch officer fantasies
14 Apr 2014, 15:27 PM

I am going off the limb to say you're an American you like the Whermatch/SS everything you know about ww2 is from cod/coh and you probably rarely if ever played the soviets.
Besides your comment is ungrateful you should be thanking people like me who actually play soviets on this crappy patch so people like you can enjoy playing around with your little pixel German soldiers, living out your Whermatch officer fantasies

That answer lol!!

+1, 000 000

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment