Login

russian armor

What the .... is up with the germans ?

PAGES (12)down
12 Apr 2014, 07:50 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 05:02 AM1[][]

US will be the biggest carry ever seen in CoH. It will soon be impossible to win against Americans. USA will break the game, forever.

until the sturmtiger/jagdtiger hits the battlefield and squad wipes sherman tanks :P :nahnah:
hahaha
12 Apr 2014, 10:15 AM

But then they will release a commander that replaces armor losses 2 for 1. Mass Production Commander... I guess I shouldn't give them ideas.
12 Apr 2014, 20:26 PM

I think people are playing Germans more now because they don't like the Soviet faction as much.

When I first started playing Coh2, I simply chose German because I don't typically like Sov armies in any game because every unit is always an eyesore. When I started playing coh1, I chose US initially because I didn't want to play as the Evil Germans.

Not to mention the reputation that "Soviets" have worldwide (except in Russia).
The thing is if you are going to be an evil warmongering genocidal country, you need to have cool uniforms first. Or else nobody will want to play you in video games.

I think just based on less hate for one particular faction, with the addition of Americans, the numbers of allies vs axis will even out.
12 Apr 2014, 20:55 PM

oh I was guessing the new o(u)berkommando faction will do what you just said, this game has a big nazi army fan base and unless a lot of people from the land of liberty buy into this game (and actually play merica), I think the devs will be smart enough to keep german players happier as they have done till now....

Of course, we were really happy with 1cp elite infantry, that was one of the best decissions, no doubt.
12 Apr 2014, 21:24 PM

Well, saturday night, i used to play 4v4 as soviet (i like soviets), but after 5/6/7 loose i decided to post a little message to tell you that 4v4 is unplayable except if the opponent (you know that faction which illustrate Goebbel's propaganda) have a rock in the eye.
I don't know what dev's are doing but adding units while the "balance job" isn't done yet is a terrible idea. Please RNG god, RTS god, give the power to developers!
12 Apr 2014, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 21:24 PMb-VDV
Well, saturday night, i used to play 4v4 as soviet (i like soviets), but after 5/6/7 loose i decided to post a little message to tell you that 4v4 is unplayable except if the opponent (you know that faction which illustrate Goebbel's propaganda) have a rock in the eye.
I don't know what dev's are doing but adding units while the "balance job" isn't done yet is a terrible idea. Please RNG god, RTS god, give the power to developers!

I dont think these german players had a rock in the eye

12 Apr 2014, 23:02 PM

I dont think these german players had a rock in the eye

This map is pretty well designed but try to counter a gren spam on city or hill... good luck. And again, i'm not talking about semi/expert/expert games...just ramdom team games, you know this game mode which noone care.
Ps:Also, you're always sarcastic, i wasn't expecting less from you, "cheap spanish Dane" lol
13 Apr 2014, 00:30 AM

I think people are playing Germans more now because they don't like the Soviet faction as much.

When I first started playing Coh2, I simply chose German because I don't typically like Sov armies in any game because every unit is always an eyesore. When I started playing coh1, I chose US initially because I didn't want to play as the Evil Germans.

The thing is if you are going to be an evil warmongering genocidal country, you need to have cool uniforms first. Or else nobody will want to play you in video games.

I think just based on less hate for one particular faction, with the addition of Americans, the numbers of allies vs axis will even out.

You can ignore the obvious as much as you like but I am telling you that right now it's so much easier and straight forward to play as a German. Before that patch I got the same feeling when I was playing Soviets. Now tides have turned.
13 Apr 2014, 01:17 AM

lol, at people just comparing spreadsheets to show how OP germans are, but that's not how it works on the field. The fact is German tanks although excellent against enemy tanks, they can't do shit against the infantry. The Soviets, however, have heavy tanks that can kill both German tanks and German infantry, because of their huge splash radius. If the AT capabilities of the Soviet ISU152 or IS2 become better than there is no stopping them.

The German's couldn't deploy any infantry on the field when IS2s or ISU152s just insta wipe them in seconds, so the Germans have to depend on their tanks to do any work. What's really important is the infantry combat of the game, the ability to cap points. Late game the German infantry become useless as they get insta wiped by mines, and Soviet Heavies.

One of the most important thing in CoH2 is the early game, if you let either side get a good amount of fuel then it's GG. If you let the Soviets have a lot of fuel then all your infantry will be wiped, if you let the Germans have the fuel then you are not going to get enough tanks to match the Germans.

Don't complain about Germans being OP when the Soviet heavies makes it really tough for a German to get back in the game, as the instant wiping will make Germans lose map control which would mean less fuel = less tanks.

If you really want to balance just look at the early tier stuff. People complain about Grenadiers over performing against Conscripts? Well the German t1 don't have any early counters against the M3 scout car.

To those who are complaining just aren't abusing the right units.
13 Apr 2014, 01:30 AM

Why should I have to abuse a unit in order to achieve victory? I never had to pull bullshit like that in vCoH unless I was bored and wanted to cheese someone. In CoH2, I HAVE to cheese my way to victory (as the Soviets).
13 Apr 2014, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 01:30 AMVolsky
Why should I have to abuse a unit in order to achieve victory? I never had to pull bullshit like that in vCoH unless I was bored and wanted to cheese someone. In CoH2, I HAVE to cheese my way to victory (as the Soviets).

I said this a while ago in another post, the Soviet faction is the most gimmicky faction in Company of Heroes. The new designs mixed in old designs from the vCoH just doesn't work, the faction has to rely on it's overpowered abilities which the unit itself had to be nerfed to compensate for how powerful the ability is. But at least you still have a chance to win in CoH2 as Soviets. Even if you have to cheese because, that's how Relic has designed it.
13 Apr 2014, 03:17 AM

So, you like a Genocidal faction, but hate the other one? wow, hypocritical much?
13 Apr 2014, 05:14 AM

lol, at people just comparing spreadsheets to show how OP germans are, but that's not how it works on the field. The fact is German tanks although excellent against enemy tanks, they can't do shit against the infantry. The Soviets, however, have heavy tanks that can kill both German tanks and German infantry, because of their huge splash radius. If the AT capabilities of the Soviet ISU152 or IS2 become better than there is no stopping them.

The German's couldn't deploy any infantry on the field when IS2s or ISU152s just insta wipe them in seconds, so the Germans have to depend on their tanks to do any work. What's really important is the infantry combat of the game, the ability to cap points. Late game the German infantry become useless as they get insta wiped by mines, and Soviet Heavies.

One of the most important thing in CoH2 is the early game, if you let either side get a good amount of fuel then it's GG. If you let the Soviets have a lot of fuel then all your infantry will be wiped, if you let the Germans have the fuel then you are not going to get enough tanks to match the Germans.

Don't complain about Germans being OP when the Soviet heavies makes it really tough for a German to get back in the game, as the instant wiping will make Germans lose map control which would mean less fuel = less tanks.

If you really want to balance just look at the early tier stuff. People complain about Grenadiers over performing against Conscripts? Well the German t1 don't have any early counters against the M3 scout car.

To those who are complaining just aren't abusing the right units.

Umm... whatabout the Ostwind? And the Brummbar?

And anyway, Soviet infantry can do even less to German tanks, especially when you consider shreked Pgrens...
13 Apr 2014, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 23:02 PMb-VDV

This map is pretty well designed but try to counter a gren spam on city or hill... good luck. And again, i'm not talking about semi/expert/expert games...just ramdom team games, you know this game mode which noone care.
Ps:Also, you're always sarcastic, i wasn't expecting less from you, "cheap spanish Dane" lol

Lmao, the rage on this one is too stronk.
13 Apr 2014, 08:14 AM

if we had more factions (6-8) then i'd be fine if there was some easymode beginner factions and some more in depth hardmode factions

but if it's 2 factions in the game, it's just stupid
13 Apr 2014, 08:28 AM

soviets is our of order right now
why cant relic add some balance right now cant they see that only 7% playing soviets and 90% germans
nobody wants to play with no chance to win
13 Apr 2014, 14:30 PM

So, you like a Genocidal faction, but hate the other one? wow, hypocritical much?
A genocidal faction with coOl uniforms.
13 Apr 2014, 15:21 PM

I do not think most people care, as it is just a video game. This meant for entertainment (LOL RELIC) not a political fest of who killed more people.
13 Apr 2014, 15:37 PM

im sorry what? But in game german uniforms look dogcrap with their fur shavels in winter and some kind of weird us marine mixed with german camuoflage...

Oh,and soviet t-34s look way better than german tanks.
13 Apr 2014, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 15:37 PMBurts
im sorry what? But in game german uniforms look dogcrap with their fur shavels in winter and some kind of weird us marine mixed with german camuoflage...

they did that for visiblity purposes and i think they look quite nice.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS