you also tired of this balance garbage?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
70%
Total votes: 43
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Mar 2014, 13:11 PM

Seriously balancing game with only 2 factions and few units cant take a year
This is just getting boring and annoying to play instead of playing and getting fun we appear in this balance experiments...
today they made germans over op and 5 games I played all the same way
we fighting op german troops like 10 min then they call like 8 tanks. end.
30 Mar 2014, 13:30 PM

what game are u playing seriously?
30 Mar 2014, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

It took blizzard years to balance their RTS games. Trust me a year in a RTS game is not a long time. RTS is one of the more difficult games to balance.. every unit has to be good and cost effective yet it cant be OP when massed either.. units also must be fun to use for veteran players but still easy to understand for beginners.. add to that Teamgames and you got a shitloads of work cut out for you.

Im very impressed of relic.. their patching the last 4 months have been fairly fast and mostly the correct changes.

We are not there yet but we are a lot closer than at release =)
30 Mar 2014, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 13:34 PMspajn
It took blizzard years to balance their RTS games. Trust me a year in a RTS game is not a long time. RTS is one of the more difficult games to balance.. every unit has to be good and cost effective yet it cant be OP when massed either.. units also must be fun to use for veteran players but still easy to understand for beginners.. add to that Teamgames and you got a shitloads of work cut out for you.

Im very impressed of relic.. their patching the last 4 months have been fairly fast and mostly the correct changes.

We are not there yet but we are a lot closer than at release =)

Comparing Relic with Blizzard is a bit unfair. Blizzard had to balance 3 races, which can be played in 6 match-ups. Relic only had to balance 2 races, which can only be played in 1 matchup. On top of that, SC2 is a much, much more complex game than CoH2 in pretty much every way.
30 Mar 2014, 14:11 PM
Benefactor 115

On top of that, SC2 is a much, much more complex game than CoH2 in pretty much every way.

Not entirely, there are so many more variables involved in CoH2 unit interactions compared to SC2. So much so that a small change to one of the variables can have a very big effect on the unit interactions.
30 Mar 2014, 14:54 PM

I have done my fair share of bitching about COH2, and I think the game in many ways is a study in bad design. That aside, Im verry happy that Relic actually seems to have listened to the community and made a lot of changes, and hopefully will continue doing so. Sure, the balance will be off every now and then, but I rather have them screwing up the balance from time to time and fixing the fundamental design flaws, than the game being perfectly balanced though uninteresting gameplay wise.

I think Relic deserves some credit for realising theire mistakes, and fixing the game, rather than all this negativity following the last patch. For the first time since the release of the game im actually optimistic for the future of COH2. I wish more people would share my optimism.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
Germany 17
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %