Login

russian armor

Making Soviets more Soviety

30 Mar 2014, 03:06 AM

i don't know what relic's been smoking, but i'm guessing the good stuff.

STEP 1:

why do they want conscripts to be a waste of manpower? i have no idea. one thing is for sure: they want us to use penals. i'm not sure why but they do.

why not rename penals? why not call penals conscripts, and call conscripts penals....

technically, i'm sure that the penal units were used to reinforce frontline troops, so merge makes sense

sure, switch the molotov and satchel charge around, and remove the flamethrower upgrade for the new conscripts.

switch their voice lines around.

i mean, the game pretty much plays like the american faction, except you get a sniper at t1.

why not go further? why not make the new penals even cheaper, like... 150. and give them weaker mosin nagants, that would make them a dedicated merge unit. that'd be cool!

and because SVT's were only handed out to squad leaders, etc. why not make the mosins that the conscripts get do the same DPS.

this can be done in a form of making them work the bolt a lot faster, and maybe a little damage increase.

STEP 2

Combat engineers. they only cost 10 manpower less than pioneers yet they're pretty much worthless in combat. it'd be okay if german mines were like they were before, but their mines are actually pretty useful now, and i see tons of great players use them extremely well.

well here's a tip for you relic.

why not.... make them 200 manpower.. and give them PPSH's (or pps-43's =))
then just set their damage output to the same as pioneers, and it's GG.
then pretty much no one would complain (why didn't you guys think of this? literally the first thing that popped into my head)

STEP 3

M3 scout cars. Lol. LOL. LOOOOL.

they're like, useless now, gone are the days of sniper-scout car gimmicks. but that's cool. as a german player: thank the lord!

but, still. they're stupid. why not give them the exact armour as the german scout car, and put it to the same cost.

CONCLUSION

but buckers! then everyone'l just spam flame-scout car combos!
maybe, but gren's panzerfausts are longer range, 100% chance of engine damage, and it seems like the current trend is to spam as many grens as possible. so i think it'd work nicely.

but buckers! then no one gets SVT rifles!
i think shock troops should be like they were in the beta - they come with SVT's- and can be upgraded to PPSH's.

also, guards, they should have 4 SVTs, 2 PTRS, and upgradable 2 DP which puts their final total at 2 DP, 2 SVT, and 2 PTRS, which doesn't sound that intimidating

early game for soviets would look somethin like this

T0:
Combat Engineers - 200 Manpower - Armed with PPSH's
Penal Battalion - 150 Manpower - Armed with weaker Mosin Nagants - Merge ability - Flamethrower

T1:
Sniper - 360 manpower
M3 - SAME AS GERMAN SCOUT CAR
Conscripts - 270 - toned up mosin nagants to match the DPS of penal's SVT rifles, Molotov, AT nade, no merge, normal PPSH upgrade n stuff

watchu guys think? good idea? or no?
30 Mar 2014, 03:46 AM
Patrion 27

How about replacing the flamer upgrade on Combat Engineers with a tokarev pistol that improves their mid-range damage to make their fight against Pioneers a bit better.
30 Mar 2014, 04:08 AM

How about replacing the flamer upgrade on Combat Engineers with a tokarev pistol that improves their mid-range damage to make their fight against Pioneers a bit better.

well, tokarev's were pretty much only given to NKVD and officers

but, nothing wrong with giving them nagant revolvers
30 Mar 2014, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 03:06 AMbuckers

You bet!

But anyway back to the more important issues at hand:
1. Cons Need to be even with Grens
2. CEs Need to be as effective as Pios
3. M3s should have a slight armor increase for their cost
4. LMGs and G43s Need to be nerfed, while SVT's(far range), PPsHs(mid range), and regular rifles(close/somewhat mid range) need a slight DPS buff to even out the playing field at the very least so they're as effective as what I put in the () part!
5. The more evening out of the factions, the better. All I care about is balance, and if you're playing Soviets in 2v2 or up, you've already put a nail in the coffin!

On a side note:
-FFS give Penals some sort of AT weapon so they're at least usable.
And for anyone who says I'm a Sovjet fanboi go play a 2v2 as the Soviets against someone who has a similar skill level to your team, and then come back and re-read this post.
30 Mar 2014, 08:57 AM

I don't know, I played both factions and I asked my friends also on their opinions. Nothing looks unbalanced, sorry I have to say. If you take care of your troops, watch for cover, avoid open areas, mine, etc you should not feel it this way. My friend used in several after-patch games the same tactic as before, based on conscript spam but he used them very carefully, approaching from multiple directions and using cover. He had no problem in winning, as before.
I think all people who are complaining about this patch, no matter of ladder position, 1v1, 2v2, and so on, are simply not used yet to the new mechanic of the game.
30 Mar 2014, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 04:14 AMVonIvan

You bet!

4. LMGs and G43s Need to be nerfed, while SVT's(far range), PPsHs(mid range), and regular rifles(close/somewhat mid range) need a slight DPS buff to even out the playing field at the very least so they're as effective as what I put in the () part!
5. The more evening out of the factions, the better. All I care about is balance, and if you're playing Soviets in 2v2 or up, you've already put a nail in the coffin!

On a side note:
And for anyone who says I'm a Sovjet fanboi go play a 2v2 as the Soviets against someone who has a similar skill level to your team, and then come back and re-read this post.

This so much.
30 Mar 2014, 10:02 AM

Germans
KAR 98 now uses the bolt-action rifle weapon profile
MP40 now uses the submachine gun weapon profile
MP44 now uses the assault rifle weapon profile
G43 now uses the carbine rifle weapon profile

Soviets
Mosin Nagant now uses the bolt-action rifle weapon profile
SVT now uses the carbine rifle weapon profile
PPSH now uses the submachine gun weapon profile

Well it seems some weapon profiles arent aplied correctly.

If you watch the chart MP40 seems to share the assault rifle profile with the MP44 and not the sub machine gun profile with the PPSH.

Same with the G43 which seems to use the bolt action rifle profile and not the SVT carbine weapon profile.

Tho the hot fix changed the weapon profiles of the SVT and PPSH.
30 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM

I don't know, I played both factions and I asked my friends also on their opinions. Nothing looks unbalanced, sorry I have to say. If you take care of your troops, watch for cover, avoid open areas, mine, etc you should not feel it this way. My friend used in several after-patch games the same tactic as before, based on conscript spam but he used them very carefully, approaching from multiple directions and using cover. He had no problem in winning, as before.
I think all people who are complaining about this patch, no matter of ladder position, 1v1, 2v2, and so on, are simply not used yet to the new mechanic of the game.

Anyone who played 2v2 Soviets will instantly know you are lying or have played some noob who didn't figure out how to troll with Germans.

For instance I had same games vs German team pre-patch and post patch.
Pre-patch it would be hard battle, and they would usually narrowly win.

Post-patch, well there is simply no way to deal vs MG42's supported by eng, grens, few bunkers and vet mortars. And halftruck reinforcing. Wont even mention scout car

You cannot flank them, cannot stay in the cover. By their own words, they didn't even have to try hard. Some maps that are more open, they need little bit more time to box us in. Little bit more

No resources, no teching, no way to win
30 Mar 2014, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 03:06 AMbuckers

STEP 1:

technically, i'm sure that the penal units were used to reinforce frontline troops, so merge makes sense

watchu guys think? good idea? or no?

Penals were actually some of the best troops Soviets had. Mostly due to not having a choice, hence they fought fanatically, and having high numbers of volunteers from Gulags (patriotic tough guys)

Some of the Penal battalions were awarded highest commendations and medals (imagine what they had to do to achieve those, even tho they were prisoners :o
30 Mar 2014, 11:09 AM

Conscripts should never be as good as grens hands down - it makes no sense. I agree soviet can feel quite weak compared to ost but making cons = grens is a terrible idea. These are conscripted peasants and at vet 0 they should be capping units. Make cons cheaper so u can have more and give soviet the ability to take the map early on but dont make them equal - later vet gthey should become more powerful but i liek the idea of soviets beign weaker early on.. makes sense
30 Mar 2014, 11:15 AM

Didnt read after
"why do they want conscripts to be a waste of manpower? i have no idea. one thing is for sure: they want us to use penals."
30 Mar 2014, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 11:09 AMHS King
Conscripts should never be as good as grens hands down - it makes no sense. I agree soviet can feel quite weak compared to ost but making cons = grens is a terrible idea. These are conscripted peasants and at vet 0 they should be capping units. Make cons cheaper so u can have more and give soviet the ability to take the map early on but dont make them equal - later vet gthey should become more powerful but i liek the idea of soviets beign weaker early on.. makes sense

Not really.

It's not about conscripts are peasant and should not be as good as grenadiers. Making them cheaper is not a solution eather.
Adjusting a little bit the german small arms DPS while still letting it better than soviet small arms DPS would solve these problems, including "too strong pioneers" problem. I don't feel this would be necessary but at list it would stop some of the soviet sympathizers whining.
30 Mar 2014, 11:20 AM

Penal troops should be renamed into Strelki or whatever the regular soviet infantry troops were called. It makes no sense to have penal troops fill the role of regular infantry.
30 Mar 2014, 11:24 AM

Anyone who played 2v2 Soviets will instantly know you are lying or have played some noob who didn't figure out how to troll with Germans.

Are you sure about what you're saying? Saw some other posts here that are saying the same thing more or less.<444>_<444>
30 Mar 2014, 11:43 AM

I hate that only the Soviet Union has conscripts Wehrmacht also consisted of conscripts, and since 1944 all began sending children into battle (Hitler Youth) and divisions that could fight against partisans

I believe that it is necessary to alter inductees into riflemen
- Give SVT 2 - 40
- Give antitank rifle grenades Seryuk - firing range of 60 meters. penetration of 50 mm
- Change skins: give random camouflage - a full set / pants / jacket / poncho /no camo / camouflage cover for helmet

30 Mar 2014, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 04:14 AMVonIvan

You bet!

On a side note:

+1, take my life Sir.

Vs a good german player it's almost impossible to win with the russians, unless the german player screw something really up or RNG God helps the russians out. (Im talking about 1v1s here)

What really grinds my gear is.....this patch was tested before it came out, how the hell they couldn't spot these serious issues?!
30 Mar 2014, 11:52 AM

Cons don't need to be even with grens. Squad wipes for grens have only gotten worse since the patch, a problem soviet players don't have to deal with on nearly the same level. Cons vs Grens is balanced.
30 Mar 2014, 12:06 PM

- Change skins: give random camouflage - a full set / pants / jacket / poncho /no camo / camouflage cover for helmet.
I doubt that will happen. While its a cool idea, relic gave the German Grens in CoH pajamas to be easily recognized. I doubt they want to make it harder fro noobs to recognize stuff. Not that I would disagree with you, but it´s highly unlikely.
30 Mar 2014, 13:20 PM

Cons don't need to be even with grens. Squad wipes for grens have only gotten worse since the patch, a problem soviet players don't have to deal with on nearly the same level. Cons vs Grens is balanced.

Balanced? I had 3 Cons vs 3 Grens in the mid of Semois today. All within green cover. Grens didnt lose a single model.
30 Mar 2014, 13:31 PM

M3 the same as 222, laughed my ass off lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Sweden 26
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W