Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 18:15 PMVolsky
So this is why they won't let the modding community do anything.

A slap in the face to old vCoH fans, having to pay $20 for the new factions after they nickel and dime us and make us buy DLC to access the full content we should have gotten when we bought a full-priced triple-A title. Blech. My money is no longer available.

Really? Here is also old vCoH fan and IMO it's not slap in the face at all. Actually I would like to sign up for pre-order. Also as far as I understood you don't HAVE to pay anything.

Burts, please leave already. Your whining at this thread is getting old. Like 80% of messages in this thread is your monologue. Although it's breaking my heart that you won't buy this DLC, I think everyone will manage without you.
28 Mar 2014, 21:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 20:17 PMluvnest
I'm with Aerohank, Burts and Sait on this one.

The game claims to be historical authentic since the start. Mixing fronts and factions would cost a lot of athmosphere if you ask me.

Conscripts standing next to Riflemen, T34 next so Shermans? Pls don't..

T-34's next to Shermans sounds reasonable...
28 Mar 2014, 21:26 PM

About inmmersion, what worries me is German soldiers shouting: ENEMY CONTACT!! THE RUSSIANS!! or something like that referring to the russians, and for example you are fighting the Americans...
28 Mar 2014, 21:29 PM

About inmmersion, what worries me is German soldiers shouting: ENEMY CONTACT!! THE RUSSIANS!! or something like that referring to the russians, and for example you are fighting the Americans...

CoH1 had that problem too. "The Yanks are grabbing our territory from us", but it's Tommies.
28 Mar 2014, 21:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

CoH1 had that problem too. "The Yanks are grabbing our territory from us", but it's Tommies.

Hopefully they can do what they did with Dawn of War II and its expansions and grab the voice actors back for the responses to the next factions.
28 Mar 2014, 21:58 PM

That would be fantastic. They managed to make voices for Ost vs Ost and Sov vs Sov, so hopefully they do that.
28 Mar 2014, 22:02 PM

Yeah, historic authenticy was one of the things that were claimed in the marketing of the game. Oh my god, I remember the times in beta when people started to argument balance with historics... -_-

Oh, I have the perfect Idea. At somepoint the USA and the Soviet joined forces to conquer Germany. Just imagine thats the point in time when you get matched with america as soviets.

Btw,
20$ seems reasonable for 2 whole new factions I would say.
28 Mar 2014, 22:09 PM

I pray to God they call the spanish voice actors back for the german units voice. The spanish version is just brilliant...
28 Mar 2014, 22:14 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 21:21 PMArray

T-34's next to Shermans sounds reasonable...

can't tell if serious or not..
28 Mar 2014, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

Can't wait for the DLC, sounds like a lot of fun, sure its going to be all over the place to start with, but i like the new direction the game it going game play wise.

As for the none sense about historical accuracy, (why this has been brought up is beyond me), I think with coh2 or any game for that matter, the subject matter and setting are just the flavoring to the game.
Its not meant as an accurate representation, more a subject we recognize and can understand in a logical and rational fashion when it comes to combined arms, tactics etc.

The units and tanks you see are more of a homage to its real life counter part, providing the backdrop to our entertainment.
28 Mar 2014, 22:49 PM

It will help reduce current international tensions.
29 Mar 2014, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 19:57 PMpigsoup

the difference is that one is unit based on real ww2 soldiers just having some in game mechanic ability and the other is an alien thingy that doesnt even exist.

why dont you ask relic so that when you are playing soviet, change the map names so maps like 'paris' is 'pariski' or 'ardenne' is 'ardenngrad' .just for you, even though you look over the fact that tanks don't massacre inf, il2 gun hits units and they only bleed?, lay mines in matter of seconds, units have infinite ammo, units dont get into melee combat when face to face, and so much more.

you look over all these but suddenly your brain can't wrap around another little historical inaccuracy.

You do know that 'authentic' has a different meaning from 'realistic', don't you?

Here, let me show you some examples between the two. You know, so you can wrap your brain around it..

Compare these 3 games:
- Blitzkrieg
- CoH2
- Call of duty: world at war

Both Blitzkrieg and CoH2 are authentic WW2 RTS games. Both have units that were actually used in the war and have maps resembling the actual fronts. Neither of them have fantasy elements such as Soviets and Americans fighting together in Paris. This makes both games authentic.

However, of the two, only Blitzkrieg is realistic. Tanks generally get blown up by one penetrating hit, tanks destroy infantry etc. Units act like you would expect them to after watching a few hours of the history channel. CoH2 on the other hand is not realistic, and this is fine. After all, Relic has never even tried to create an illusion of realism.

Call of duty: world at war is neither authentic nor realistic. It is a fantasy game based on WW2. In this game, you could play as a german soldier, arm yourself with a japanese made Type99 machine gun with a bayonet on it, and fight russians equiped with american drum-magazined tommie guns and japanese pistols.

I would rather not have CoH2 become a fantasy WW2 game where germans are fighting off soviets in Holland or France. It is not what I was sold as a paying customer.
29 Mar 2014, 04:55 AM

I really don't care if it's realistic or not, I'm worried about balance.
29 Mar 2014, 05:35 AM

Relic, if the Red Army in the Ardennes will then let me finally Parachute Brigade of the Red Army! What if this operation can not be allied paratroopers to Use?
29 Mar 2014, 05:54 AM

Ugh... Why... Why back to west.. When relic said themselves that the western front has been beaten to death. So much still missing on the ostfront, it was so much more epic. Something like 70% or higher of the wehr was fighting in the east. Wonder how the sales will do, this might make or break the franchise.
29 Mar 2014, 06:18 AM

^

I would have liked to see:

Balanced Ostheer and Soviet with more nondoc units

Soviet Guards (improved vcoh Soviet version of PE) and Panzer Elite (strong defense, higher quality/fewer units, heavily armed, expensive, a bit like the British but not quite)
29 Mar 2014, 06:23 AM

^

I would have liked to see:

Balanced Ostheer and Soviet with more nondoc units

Soviet Guards (improved vcoh Soviet version of PE) and Panzer Elite (strong defense, higher quality/fewer units, heavily armed, expensive, a bit like the British but not quite)

There's a pile of Soviet armoured cars and heavy armour waiting for Soviet Elite (ha)
29 Mar 2014, 06:34 AM

Sounds like cool expansion and price is cheap. Ready to pre-order.
29 Mar 2014, 06:41 AM

^
I was thinking like with light tanks with tank riders- the soviets used enormous numbers of them. More than half of their tanks were light in 1941-1942, and by Kursk 1943 it was down to 1/3.

Motor infantry squads instead of conscripts.

A lot of T-60, T-70 with one motor squad riding on top of them. T-34s (both types) with tank riders. Lend Lease Shermans..

76mm divisional field guns...used as light artillery...

Dream on..............
29 Mar 2014, 07:37 AM

I'm buying. I'm a CoH fan. I like the game. Ok.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS