Login

russian armor

Soviet Team Weapon Spam?

28 Mar 2014, 03:28 AM

I played 3 rounds tonight against 3 different sets of opponents, and every single time I ran into a soviet team weapon spam. And I don't mean a pair of Maxims and a mortar, I mean at one point I counted 6 mortar crews and 3 field guns all owned by the same player at one location on the map. These globs usually had a couple of Cons backing them up to take whatever poor flag they were clearing out. The good news was that this instance was during the third round and I had finally managed to counter the spam with an elefant + spotting scope picking them off from across the map. But, the previous 2 rounds my team got absolutely demolished by the tactic. I only managed to beat them by playing super aggressive early, and sending suicide half tracks with Flame Pios right into the thick of their positions to scatter them early. Otherwise, literally nothing we did early game could touch them. Anyone else running into this problem when going against the Commies and found a way to beat it?

The only tactic I can find to minimize their impact -emphasis on minimize, not eliminate- is to try and harass the mortar crews as they are leaving the base with a forlorn pio or Gren unit. I'd prefer to stop writing of so many units as a delaying force in the early game.
28 Mar 2014, 03:32 AM

Soviets know fighting head on isnt in their favor, so they learned to play the game with support teams to fend off germans without actually going in direct contact with them. Add maxims to the list.
28 Mar 2014, 08:31 AM

this seems to be a major tactic now that soviet infantry is at a disadvantage vs. pios and assgrens! very annoying. Hopefully the shock squad and penal buffs tomorrow will change this.
28 Mar 2014, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
It's easily countered by the mighty Mortar halftrack ._.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★