Bog-land Highway
Category: Large maps
@CoH2.org Map Sharing
@CoH2.org Map Making Contest

Steam Workshop page

(Judges pm me for link to .sga file.)
31 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I played a game versus the AI on the map to give it a look-over.

Firstly the mechanized infantry concept is pretty interesting, not sure about balance though. Aesthetically it's nice too, it captures a swampy riverine feel well I think. You might want to cut back on the mud though, or reduce the size of the patches, because they seemed to mess up retreating units especially versus 222s and M3s early.

Both bases have MG bunkers that don't come close to covering all the entrances-unless this was intended. Even if it was, you might want to cover some of the gaps in the arcs with bushes or impassable objects.

You might want to consider making a standard version with fuel points as well as allowing all units, just for test purposes.

Lastly the edge of the roads/highway could do with more cover- bushes, fences, whatever fits the map theme. Right now there's the occasional ditch providing yellow cover, but for the most part it's red.
31 Mar 2014, 21:39 PM

From my experience from play testing (on the previous patch) soviets might me the weaker one early game, mid-game it's quite equalized and late game soviet gets quite powerful if they can preserve their t-70s, but it mostly comes down to individual skill as usual.

The base-mg lack of coverage is made on purpose dude to the lack of normal mid- and late- game units, but i must admit i might have made it to easy to enter the enemy bases.

Its true that the map offers very little green and yellow cover and consist of a lot of neg/red cover. but offers a good amount of visual cover for "bold maneuvers and flanking".
10 Apr 2014, 19:07 PM

Had some trouble uploading the latest version of bog-land highway, but managed to get it uploaded to the workshop today, i also did get a alt version uploaded to steam. (4 - 6) Bog-land Highway- "Standard"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★