Login

russian armor

after 3/25 patch: what are soviet options for winning ?

PAGES (7)down
26 Mar 2014, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:32 PMAffe

Having a mid game means that soviets can t use "combined arms" anymore?
Soviet buildings cost now 100 fuel more but german buildings cost now only 50 fuel more.I can t understand this Change.
And the tech cost. Not exactly the same but not such a massive cost difference considering mp and fuel plus wait/build time for teching and constructing german buildings.
26 Mar 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:32 PMAffe

Having a mid game means that soviets can t use "combined arms" anymore?
Soviet buildings cost now 100 fuel more but german buildings cost now only 50 fuel more.I can t understand this Change.

I haven't had a problem with teching at all, my tanks come around the same time as the german ones.
26 Mar 2014, 19:42 PM

Yea i agree you havent played yet and already hinting at op/up. The thing that has changed mostly is necessity for improved micro. No longer rewarded for running head on thoughtlessly into units in in superior positions.

There was something called MG 42 that prevented that...
26 Mar 2014, 19:44 PM

This patch broke everything for me. Literally everything. I feel at a huge disadvantage when playing Soviets now, because my units are made of paper and need to get close to deal any damage. Good luck with that, you will get eaten by K98's , LMG's and G43's alive. Even when moving through cover. Also flanking MG42's has also become impossible, you get eaten by the Gren support. And to top it off, your Engies get instantly scared away as soon as they see Pios. Even Cons get murdered by Pios on a regular basis. I even lost Guards to those. To a basic builder unit.

There is no way to close the distance to deal damage because of said things. I forgot to mention incredible SC's btw. You just get absolutely murdered and you cant do anything about it, you dont have inf units that are even remotely close to the DPS of basic K98 rifles at mid and long range.

And if you dont feel at a disadvantage yet, i advise you to try to tech with Soviets. 140 Fuel. You basically have no mobile AT till then. Only things you got are Guards which now get murdered by Vanilla grens when trying to aim at the SC and AT Guns which are best at being decrewed in about 4 secs.

I know this sounds very biased, but i just need to vent my frustration about the current patch. I feel sick when i see those german biased players telling me to L2P and L2USECOVER. Excuse me, you arent the ones which are left with an army full of paper units unable to do damage at range. And with even higher tech costs.

This patch is worse than the introduction of Elite and Windustry.

This isnt like vCOH. vCOH wasnt that extreme and was actually play - and enjoyable. This is just a broken mess.

Thanks for reading and thanks to relic for releasing such a good patch. Its like saying that i should fuck myself after letting me get seriously hyped about the patch itself and the upcoming announcement.

Thank you.
26 Mar 2014, 19:50 PM

I haven't had a problem with teching at all, my tanks come around the same time as the german ones.

before this patch i could build both T3 + T4 in a game.Now with T3 + T4 costs nearly around 300 fuel it s impossible.soviet AT Options are even more limited then before.In the old patch i could Combine T-34 ram with SU-85 and this don t work anymore because ist suicide to spend almost 300 fuel only to buildings.
26 Mar 2014, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:50 PMAffe

before this patch i could build both T3 + T4 in a game.Now with T3 + T4 costs nearly around 300 fuel it s impossible.soviet AT Options are even more limited then before.In the old patch i could Combine T-34 ram with SU-85 and this don t work anymore because ist suicide to spend almost 300 fuel only to buildings.

I never built both tiers. I always just combined T-34 with Zis.
26 Mar 2014, 19:55 PM

I am a primarily T2 Soviet user and I am not having any issues. If you go T1 then you have to get Guards, but I still think this is too risky.

It really is a lot more like vCoH now - you HAVE to use cover and be a lot more careful in where your infantry units are going and where their retreat paths are, something you did not need to worry about before this patch.

Most importantly the meta has changed and this gets two thumbs up from me
26 Mar 2014, 19:56 PM

This patch broke everything for me. Literally everything. I feel at a huge disadvantage when playing Soviets now, because my units are made of paper and need to get close to deal any damage. Good luck with that, you will get eaten by K98's , LMG's and G43's alive. Even when moving through cover. Also flanking MG42's has also become impossible, you get eaten by the Gren support. And to top it off, your Engies get instantly scared away as soon as they see Pios. Even Cons get murdered by Pios on a regular basis. I even lost Guards to those. To a basic builder unit.

There is no way to close the distance to deal damage because of said things. I forgot to mention incredible SC's btw. You just get absolutely murdered and you cant do anything about it, you dont have inf units that are even remotely close to the DPS of basic K98 rifles at mid and long range.

And if you dont feel at a disadvantage yet, i advise you to try to tech with Soviets. 140 Fuel. You basically have no mobile AT till then. Only things you got are Guards which now get murdered by Vanilla grens when trying to aim at the SC and AT Guns which are best at being decrewed in about 4 secs.

I know this sounds very biased, but i just need to vent my frustration about the current patch. I feel sick when i see those german biased players telling me to L2P and L2USECOVER. Excuse me, you arent the ones which are left with an army full of paper units unable to do damage at range. And with even higher tech costs.

This patch is worse than the introduction of Elite and Windustry.

This isnt like vCOH. vCOH wasnt that extreme and was actually play - and enjoyable. This is just a broken mess.

Thanks for reading and thanks to relic for releasing such a good patch. Its like saying that i should fuck myself after letting me get seriously hyped about the patch itself and the upcoming announcement.

Thank you.

Lmao "German biased players" I play Soviet most of the time and as far as I can tell you really have to learn to play, or, somthing, I don't even know. I haven't had ANY of these problems...
26 Mar 2014, 19:59 PM

Lmao "German biased players" I play Soviet most of the time and as far as I can tell you really have to learn to play.

I really have to learn 2 play? After almost 500 hrs of COH2, 1000+ hrs of COH Franchise and top 100 Soviets 2v2 AT rank?

Did you even understand what i wrote? You really try to tell me that i need to learn to play?

Look at the things objectively. Do the soviets have any advantages? ANY?
26 Mar 2014, 20:14 PM

Permanently Banned
26 Mar 2014, 20:15 PM

the DSHK tears throught german infantry like hell. And since tanks got delayed, the soviet defensive doctrine stuff has alot more time to shine.
In some maps such as minsk pocket i actually prefer non upgraded cons that ppsh cons.
Gaurds beat every infantry long range.
Shocks beat every infantry close range. Always throw smoke grenades as shocks now,even when approaching say, grenadiers.
26 Mar 2014, 20:16 PM

I don't see the problem really, I think the balance is way better than before. If you use cover right and a gren is rushing to it, it will die. Same goes for conscripts the other way around.

Mortars are even more viable for the soviets now since the gren armor was decreased from 1.5 -> 1. Same goes with maxims. Flanking is the word, makes playing so much more interesting than just blobbing everything and rushing it forwards. Flanking takes some skill to do properly. I've played 2v2s now as both soviets and germans and I really feel this suits my playstyle a lot better.

Guards win grens at range with LMGs I think. Also combat engineers win pios from range but not from close.
26 Mar 2014, 20:21 PM

I find the M3 has been giving me a really flexible and fun early game. Also, shocks are still pretty baws, as are guards.

Shocks are perfect now. If they get on top of grens they will just slaughter them but from distance they aren't that big of a threat. Also the KV-8 and IS-2 will be crazy strong now since the grenadiers' and pgrens' armor got decreased. Don't even want to think about the IS-2 one-shot potential now, it was too much to begin with...
26 Mar 2014, 20:31 PM

I really have to learn 2 play? After almost 500 hrs of COH2, 1000+ hrs of COH Franchise and top 100 Soviets 2v2 AT rank?

Did you even understand what i wrote? You really try to tell me that i need to learn to play?

Look at the things objectively. Do the soviets have any advantages? ANY?

yea sorry, didn't mean to be that harsh, I edited my post to make it more clear what I mean. I don't have any of the problems you guys are talking about. Cons aren't shit at all, pios aren't german shocks, etc. My tanks come around the same time as the Germans get theirs so I don't really get the whole fuzz about that either. If you leave a Zis without support then yea, it'll get decrewed.

btw I was honestly quite suprised when I played vCOH and saw how fast units died, I didn't even remember that. IMO the amount of damage done by weapons is really close to vCOH now.
raw
26 Mar 2014, 20:36 PM

Cons aren't shit at all

Framed for future reference.
26 Mar 2014, 20:39 PM

First of all they way you typed it I doubt anyone understood that the Grens are in green cover too.
Don`t tell me to play Soviets when I probably already played more games than you in the current patch and I had no fcking problem whatsoever.
As I said you most probably didn`t use the green cover correctly.
Pro tip: if there is a Green shield on the unit nameplate, it doesn`t mean they all have the cover bonus.

Comrade in my opinion one of the biggest problems is that u cant beat german infantry at long range. And if u just try to charge them u will lose to much units while u charging his greens.
the other Problem is if u stay in green cover and trying to fight grens from far u have no chance too.
And dont forget the rifle nades which can get you out of ur cover.

Early T2 is one of the options which can help you against german infantry.
26 Mar 2014, 20:41 PM

This patch is pretty bad. The game is closer to Blitzkrieg than vCoH.

Comrade in my opinion one of the biggest problems is that u cant beat german infantry at long range. And if u just try to charge them u will lose to much units while u charging his greens.
the other Problem is if u stay in green cover and trying to fight grens from far u have no chance too.

Early T2 is one of the options which can help you against german infantry.

Okay seriously guys wth kind of game are you playing, you MUST be doing SOMETHING wrong when your cons die even though they're in green cover and are shooting at grens at long range.
raw

And as I have already said a couple of month ago, range is everything in this game.
26 Mar 2014, 20:42 PM

This patch is pretty bad. The game is closer to Blitzkrieg than vCoH.

Play vCOH again. You'll be suprised by how more quickly stuff dies than you can remember.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment