Login

russian armor

after 3/25 patch: what are soviet options for winning ?

PAGES (7)down
26 Mar 2014, 17:10 PM

I used to use AurgelWolf, someone had taken the name in an MMO I tried to register it with, so I changed it to wulf. No German motivation at all.

Your player card says enough about your german motivation.
26 Mar 2014, 17:11 PM

Ironic comment coming from someone who is infamous for his bias on these boards.

It's so nice to see that tottaly"unbiased" players with names like SS,Wulf and PanzerViking(sound a little german) are giving so much helpful and nice feedback like "L2P noob" and so on...
26 Mar 2014, 17:15 PM

Your player card says enough about your german motivation.

You've got me, I like nothing more than goosestepping to the sound of polish wailing.
26 Mar 2014, 17:18 PM

penals,if you got no ppsh, or shocks,or gaurds for that matter, then penals. Penals are basically the non-doctrinal shock unit for the soviets.
They are better than grens at close range, while costing only a tad more (30 mp).
As they gain veterancy, they become trampler squads with the flamethrower,posing threat even to pgs.
Also remember that their satchel insta gibs everything in a 10 meter radius.
26 Mar 2014, 17:23 PM

i just played my 1st ranked game as soviets....the biggest problem i had was mg42 (they had 2 on rail & metal) the mg42's were supporting each other.

i used to bring out a sniper and m3 to deal with double mg42. what is the preferred method to kill them now ?
26 Mar 2014, 17:26 PM

26 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

Ironic comment coming from someone who is infamous for his bias on these boards.

What is ironic my dear friend is that I don't remember creating any threads regarding buffs or nerfs
26 Mar 2014, 17:50 PM

Show us one replay where vanilla grens out of cover won against vanilla cons/penals in green cover. I call it either BS because you are butthurt or the cons/penals didn`t had the green cover directly in between them and the grens.

maybe it is just to hard to understand for ur butthead.

grens will win against cons or penals at long range if both has green cover. And if u are trying to move out of cover to come near enough using molotovs they will just hit u so hardly that u need to retreat to survive.
theres no way to beat them with just only cons or penals. The only way is using 2 units to beat 1 German unit. Or ppsh spam but this is still commander dependent.

if u need an example just search as soviet and try to fight grens on long range.
26 Mar 2014, 17:57 PM
Patrion 26

maybe it is just to hard to understand for ur butthead.

grens will win against cons or penals at long range if both has green cover. And if u are trying to move out of cover to come near enough using molotovs they will just hit u so hardly that u need to retreat to survive.
theres no way to beat them with just only cons or penals. The only way is using 2 units to beat 1 German unit. Or ppsh spam but this is still commander dependent.

if u need an example just search as soviet and try to fight grens on long range.

First of all they way you typed it I doubt anyone understood that the Grens are in green cover too.
Don`t tell me to play Soviets when I probably already played more games than you in the current patch and I had no fcking problem whatsoever.
As I said you most probably didn`t use the green cover correctly.
Pro tip: if there is a Green shield on the unit nameplate, it doesn`t mean they all have the cover bonus.
26 Mar 2014, 18:23 PM

Grens have LMG42s which double their damage output. On top of that, they have long range rifle grenades which they can use to flush defenders out of cover. It's much easier to dislodge a soviet squad in green cover compared to dislodging a grenadier squad in green cover.
26 Mar 2014, 18:31 PM

In that one game I played yet, I was under the impression my Grens died like flies. Funny enough, you are better off building more pioneers now.
26 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

guys cmon stay on topic enough with the name calling.

-your friendly moderator
26 Mar 2014, 18:54 PM

On topic:The impossible has been achieved,patch is worse than Noob Ace and Windustry
26 Mar 2014, 19:00 PM

On topic:The impossible has been achieved,patch is worse than Noob Ace and Windustry

:banana:
And absolutely nobody has asked for such weard changes.
It won t take much Long until relic came up with new "ideas" that nobody will understand.

Can someone from relic explain me how soviets should use combined arms with such insane building costs?
This Balance is terrible wrong.
26 Mar 2014, 19:07 PM

You COULD get a m3 halftrack and upgrade with quadmount and zoom along, eating Ost alive with their reduced armor. But of course, you have to pay 140 fuel, in which the germans will probably have schrecks, paks, mines, and tanks at the time you finally have a cheap infantry counter.
26 Mar 2014, 19:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:00 PMAffe

:banana:
And absolutely nobody has asked for such weard changes.
It won t take much Long until relic came up with new "ideas" that nobody will understand.

Can someone from relic explain me how soviets should use combined arms with such insane building costs?
This Balance is terrible wrong.

actually "they" have ;) where have you been living under a rock? people have been asking for shorter engagements, cover to matter, and a early,mid,late game since the game first released.

are you a lorax by any chance? i think i found your facebook photo. :)

26 Mar 2014, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:11 PMWiFiDi
actually "they" have ;) where have you been living under a rock? people have been asking for shorter engagements, cover to matter, and a early,mid,late game since the game first released.

are you a lorax by any chance? i think i found your facebook photo. :)

People asking for the current imbalances and to rais soviet T3/T4 to a ridiculus 140 fuel up? Really? Show me where People has ask for this.
26 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 19:19 PMAffe

People asking for the current imbalances and to rais soviet T3/T4 to a ridiculus 140 fuel up? Really? Show me where People has ask for this.

The 140 fuel change was made so there would be a mid game.
26 Mar 2014, 19:32 PM

The 140 fuel change was made so there would be a mid game.

Having a mid game means that soviets can t use "combined arms" anymore?
Soviet buildings cost now 100 fuel more but german buildings cost now only 50 fuel more.I can t understand this Change.
26 Mar 2014, 19:34 PM

ppsh spam ?

as a soviet player, what are my best units/options for winning ?
enginners - super weak
guards w/out 100 muni upgrade
con - weak until ppsh
shock - ok (but to costly)
maxim (easily flanked and killed)

as a german player, i just need 4 pios, 4 pgren (or is there a better BO ?)

Yea i agree you havent played yet and already hinting at op/up. The thing that has changed mostly is necessity for improved micro. No longer rewarded for running head on thoughtlessly into units in in superior positions.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS