Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
26 Mar 2014, 16:34 PM

maybe you should. last time i checked the nazis killed far less people than stalin's russia did.
Last time I check Stalin wasn't trying to wipe out half of Europe population in blatant genocide.
26 Mar 2014, 16:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reactions of people on this thread = priceless. +1 to WiFiDi image.

Prepatch: it was "relaxing" playing as soviet on 1v1-2v2 since you mostly dictated how you wanted to play. Con spam, maxims shocks, clowncar sniper, clowncar penal, sniper guard, maxim-atgun-KV8, etc.
As german, you basically reacted most of the time, specially against clowncar sniper/double sniper.

Postpatch: i dont know what the hell to do as soviet while the transition with the germans feels way more easy. 222 is the new FHT and BO n composition remains similar.

NOTE: i feel like Pios are way too much effective for the type of unit n cost + in comparison to CE.

Con vs Pio:
-if both charge (for example at a flag) i´ll give the edge to Pios
-if cons charge into pios, they will definetevely lose
-if pios charge cons, that will depend on LOS n cover while aproach. Cons edge.

Prepatch CE > Pio and 50-50 at CQC.
Postpatch Pio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CE

26 Mar 2014, 16:35 PM

Yea he accidentally killed millions.

"Oops"
5 of 9 Relic postsRelic 26 Mar 2014, 16:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just a few notes.

Pioneers and assault grenadiers have different variants of the MP40. Same weapon profile, assault grenadiers are scaled up.

Same thing applies to conscript vs guard mosin, guards have a scales up rifle.

Pioneers so not scale well into the late game. They get poor combat veterancy which is meant to counter balance their base performance.

The biggest piece of advice I can give to players struggling, make sure you aren't fighting battles where you are out gunned or out numbered. If you see a Grenadier with an LMG, one conscript will not cut it. If you see two Grens, make sure you have 2 or more conscripts. If you see an assault grenadier charging you, sprint back as his ability will now be on cooldown. Pair up your conscripts so you can kite the SMG unit to death.
26 Mar 2014, 16:43 PM
Donator 11

Just a few notes.

Pioneers and assault grenadiers have different variants of the MP40. Same weapon profile, assault grenadiers are scaled up.

Pioneers so not scale well into the late game. They get poor combat veterancy which is meant to counter balance their base performance.

The biggest piece of advice I can give to players struggling, make sure you aren't fighting battles where you are out gunned or out numbered. If you see a Grenadier with an LMG, one conscript will not cut it. If you see two Grens, make sure you have 2 or more conscripts. If you see an assault grenadier charging you, sprint back as his ability will now be on cooldown. Pair up your conscripts so you can kite the SMG unit to death.

Good advice, I will give this a shot later
26 Mar 2014, 16:44 PM

So the counter to a 280MP (no tech required) unit is having 2x240MP units and still having your opponent stay in this fight instead of just moving away (seeing how conscripts can't kill anything on the move now, disengaging is an option no matter what kind of cover is available) and then outmicroing your opponent on top of all this? Please give an example of germans being forced to do something similar to a soviet unit this patch.

Poor combat scaling doesn't matter a damn thing when you can use the superb base performance to completely dominate the early game.
26 Mar 2014, 16:44 PM

^

Its official Relic has told us to L2P...MVGame
26 Mar 2014, 16:58 PM

A lot of this really is L2P. I played 3 games last night - 2 as sov and 1 as ostheer and I won them all by not being bad. The guns and units basically all work exactly as a new person would expect. SMGs tear it up at short range, LMGs tear it up at medium range, and you better be in cover or you're going to die. I feel like a lot of people should play Red Orchestra and get a feel for how that works. Or heck, even vCoH. :)

I watched the Cataclaw game with the guards vs pios. Running a 2x ptrs x2 lmg x2 mosin (2 effective guns firing while moving, and bolt action at that) towards a squad of x4 SMGs? What the heck did you expect to happen? The fact that they cost more shouldn't and now doesn't mean it wins if you use it poorly.

Should pioneers have a slight reduction in DPS? Yeah probably. But wow people complaining while playing poorly, especially since nothing has had time to settle in and cool.
26 Mar 2014, 17:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just a few notes.

What you are telling me now is something which also applied prior to this patch. You didnt face 1on1 or even 1 gren lmg vs 2 vanilla cons (unless you kite with molotov-cancel to force LMG to move n lose DPS). I don´t have problems against AssG since using cover, maxim or SC will deal with them.

I just found interesting that suddenly PIO gained a new role as CQC early supports/combat units. Everyone expects/ed that a Con would win againts a PIO at everyrange.
26 Mar 2014, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 16:58 PMShazz
A lot of this really is L2P. I played 3 games last night - 2 as sov and 1 as ostheer and I won them all by not being bad. The guns and units basically all work exactly as a new person would expect. SMGs tear it up at short range, LMGs tear it up at medium range, and you better be in cover or you're going to die. I feel like a lot of people should play Red Orchestra and get a feel for how that works. Or heck, even vCoH. :)

I watched the Cataclaw game with the guards vs pios. Running a 2x ptrs x2 lmg x2 mosin (2 effective guns firing while moving, and bolt action at that) towards a squad of x4 SMGs? What the heck did you expect to happen? The fact that they cost more shouldn't and now doesn't mean it wins if you use it poorly.

Should pioneers have a slight reduction in DPS? Yeah probably. But wow people complaining while playing poorly, especially since nothing has had time to settle in and cool.

This is the ultimate troll post this is nothing like Ro2 or vcoh
26 Mar 2014, 17:02 PM

maybe you should. last time i checked the nazis killed far less people than stalin's russia did.

I made a comparison between Putin and the Nazis, and you called the Nazis the lesser of two evils.
26 Mar 2014, 17:04 PM

thats because the germans are playable again. sorry to say this but there is alot of hate towards russia right now in the world.

LoL, so you're saying that such an ugly patch is Relics answer to Putin?? Haha
Sure, lets make Russian army beatable at least in game, lol
26 Mar 2014, 17:07 PM

pqumsieh why did you change the officer armor from 4 to 1? he is already used very little.
26 Mar 2014, 17:17 PM

I made a comparison between Putin and the Nazis, and you called the Nazis the lesser of two evils.

yep Putin is KGB. KGB has killed way more people than the SS did. they are almost as evil as the CIA.
26 Mar 2014, 17:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

guys politics having nothing to do with this patch/complete overhaul. :)
26 Mar 2014, 17:28 PM

Just a few notes.

"Pair up your conscripts so you can kite SMG unit to death". Meaning that you kite back to your base to prevent suprise attacks from rear. Meanwhile, another "SMG unit" is simply capturing important points on the map. Great!
Anyway, thanks for advice and keep posting! This way you help us to deal with this mess you guys created.
26 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

yep Putin is KGB. KGB has killed way more people than the SS did. they are almost as evil as the CIA.

Oh man... Your posts are so... unintelligent...
26 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM
Patrion 14

You heard it from Relic - new official Soviet Strategy...

6 of 9 Relic postsRelic 26 Mar 2014, 17:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Worst case scenario you could always throw a molotov in front of your conscripts to deny the assault grenadiers cover. Works like a charge.
26 Mar 2014, 17:32 PM

Kiting Ass-Grens has always been a valid strategy.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS