Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Bystraya Voda

23 Mar 2014, 13:24 PM

Bystraya Voda
Category: 1v1 (but is also built for 2v2)
CoH2.org map thread
Steam Workshop page
Zipped SGA file

If the single fuel point is a concern, a version with 2 fuel points is of course a possibility.
24 Mar 2014, 09:20 AM

One of my fav community map.

@Qvazar, In 2 screens I see Matilda wrecks or is it maye other tank?
24 Mar 2014, 15:04 PM

In the editor it's called "early war tank". I think it's a BT-7.
24 Mar 2014, 15:45 PM

yea, it's BT-7
25 Mar 2014, 18:34 PM

No, it is not BT-7. It is T-26 mod. 1933.
8 Apr 2014, 13:34 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Qvazar!

Seeing as I will be away over the course of the first judging round, I will be leaving you some comments early. Note that these are only intended as constructive criticisms, in the hope that with a few select changes, you will be shortlisted in the final stage of judging.

You have made a soundly designed map, with a decent territory layout, but as visuals are my area, I will offer you a few points:

• Please try to adapt your lighting. While you have created a decent night-time atmosphere, the light over the ice is blindingly bright, and could be adapted. I would certainly keep the "blue" colour to everything, as it certainly adds a chill to the map, but the moonlight is too strong.
  • Additionally, the atmosphere seems to be lacking wind. I would try to add a few fx markers around with smoke, or better yet, add some very light snow to the weather, to give more depth to the cold atmposphere you've created.
  • Another item that stood out for me is the grass in your map. If you are aiming for a map with shallow snow, I can't argue with snow being present. But if your intention is for the map to have deep snow, remove the grass, or keep it on the edges of larger objects, such as buildings and hedges, but remove it in the open. Also please try to smooth any grass you keep down. By subtracting areas of it, you can blend the sizes of each blade of grass, rather than them seemingly being the same size.
  • And finally, you have some areas of roadways where tracks seem to suddenly stop and disappear into the snow. Either increase the opacity of the ends, so that it looks as though the tracks have been covered in snow, or blend them with more tracks.

Anyways, you've made good progress so far!

Good luck, and await the comments of the other judges!
8 Apr 2014, 17:21 PM

Permanently Banned
and the church location is perfect! :P
10 Apr 2014, 10:43 AM

Thanks akosi :P

And thanks MB, great suggestions! The devil is in the details! ;)
Since all my time is currently spent on finding a place to live, I unfortunately have no time to focus on further detailing the map right now. But when I'm all settled down again, I'd love to revisit it!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★