Login

russian armor

Need help, how to counter KV-2 heavy assault gun in 1v1?

23 Mar 2014, 12:30 PM

Just played a 1v1 game, I had the feeling that I had the upper hand, only 1 squad loss and over 400 vp, while he was under 100 vp.

And than I encountered the KV-2 for the 1st time. It more or less 1 shot my p IVs, only a sliver of health left after 1 hit from the KV-2, it also eats panzer grens with shrecks and anti tank guns for breakfast. And with it´s range and high health it is nearly impossible to kill it by cycle strafe, esp if there are a lot of houses and hedges on the map. My tiger always had to pull back, because he was loosing the slugging matches vs the KV-2.

I´m sure there is a counter to it, but at the moment I have the feeling it is just a IS-2 with insane range and better AT-gun.

I would be grateful for every tip you can give me on fighting this thing in 1v1 matches.
23 Mar 2014, 12:49 PM

Elefant
23 Mar 2014, 12:55 PM

PaK43, turn it away so it won't give itself away, when KV-2 drives closer, attack it, it will never have a chance to escape.
Also, single panther.
24 Mar 2014, 04:23 AM

This shit? even 222 can handle it <444>_<444>
24 Mar 2014, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 04:23 AMPorygon

Porygon is nuttier than a trail mix.

KV2s are best at when they're stationary, when they're not locked down they will shoot incredibly slow, perhaps even slower than the Is2 so they have to be locked down to be effective, which they would have an insanely high firing rate.

However, the time for it to lock or or unlock takes a very long time, enough time for a Stuka to drop right on top of it or maybe a Gustav. Panthers can do well against it especially when you shoot at it's rear and you're not facing yours. Panzer IVs don't fare well against them. A Stuka bomb or a Gustav wouldn't kill it when it's full HP so you have to finish them off with something.
24 Mar 2014, 07:55 AM
Patrion 15

They also have a minimum range while in lock down mode, so you can drive really a panther or p4 right into his face, or like was mentioned earlier, elefant, or stuka bomb it.
24 Mar 2014, 12:13 PM

The KV-2 is a terrifying death machine but there are a few ways to go about destroying it.

1) Artillery: The KV-2 can't move when in lock down mode, making it quite vulnerable to the howitzer. Be aware that the KV-2 can set up and use attack ground to target your howitzer if it can get in range. It's best not to use this option if the front line is close to your base.

2) Off map strikes: The KV-2 takes 10 seconds to de-setup. It thus can not dodge things like railway artillery or stuka bomb strikes. The Stuka 37mm strafing runs also do great damage against stationary KV-2s.

3) Long range direct fire: Your options for taking it out at long range are the PAK43 and the Elephant. Both of these have their issues. The Elephant can only hit the KV-2 if it has a clear line of fire. Considering the KV-2 can shoot over obstacles, a smart player will place it behind a building or some other shot blocker. The PAK43 can ignore these obstacles, but it is easily taken out by the KV-2 itself.

4) Drive up to it and kill it. The KV-2 has a minimum range in lock down mode. You can easily take it out by blitzing a tiger or panther up to its rear and kill it in about half a minute.
24 Mar 2014, 13:31 PM

Porygon is nuttier than a trail mix.

KV2s are best at when they're stationary, when they're not locked down they will shoot incredibly slow, perhaps even slower than the Is2 so they have to be locked down to be effective, which they would have an insanely high firing rate.

However, the time for it to lock or or unlock takes a very long time, enough time for a Stuka to drop right on top of it or maybe a Gustav. Panthers can do well against it especially when you shoot at it's rear and you're not facing yours. Panzer IVs don't fare well against them. A Stuka bomb or a Gustav wouldn't kill it when it's full HP so you have to finish them off with something.

Did you test this? KV1 has 960 HPs correct? Same as an IS2? I was able to one hit an IS2 that I fausted with Gustav.
24 Mar 2014, 14:27 PM

And here I thought the KV2 was a joke of a tank in 1vs1, a bit better than the ISU152 (the number one call-in for throwing games) that it resembles, but still basically just a bait for a single panther or even PZIV to take out especially with the MP income of industry that severely limits any support the thing is going to have.
24 Mar 2014, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 14:27 PMCruzz
a bit better than the ISU152 (the number one call-in for throwing games) that it resembles,

So so true...lol
24 Mar 2014, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 04:23 AMPorygon

And pioneers can handle B-4 yet you have full pants when you notice one shooting at your P4s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 47
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment