23 Mar 2014, 07:13 AM

Name: Kotelnikovo
Players: 1v1 / 2v2
Season: Summer

Steam Workshop 0.4

WB File 0.4

Kat
23 Mar 2014, 08:25 AM

It was a fine map for CoH1 Eastern Front mod. Are you the creator of original map (Martainville)?
23 Mar 2014, 09:34 AM

I am the creator of the original map.
26 Mar 2014, 12:05 PM

Confirmed, he is. Martainville was renamed and optimized for the use in Company of Heroes - Eastern Front.

Great to see some familiar faces :)
29 Mar 2014, 13:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Went ingame and had a look at the map in a game versus the AI.

Firstly, nice loading screen, nice looking map, very open as well.

The minimap's not quite right though- the black-and-white dotted line map border isn't actually at the map border- it's too small. The map and unit boundary itself also end right next to the black void, which isn't aesthetically pleasing.

There's a lot of empty space at the corners of the map, with no cover and just trees. It looks like you intended for the map to be smaller as the empty areas correspond with the (incorrect) map boundary on the minimap. If you did intend the map to be smaller, there are four points at the northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest that would lie outside the boundaries of the map.

You can sneak into the northern base by vaulting over the wall on the right and walking behind the MG bunkers cone of fire.

Lots of nicely placed cover around the field edges, but the fields themselves are quite devoid of cover, for example, near the western VP and the northern muni.

The map is nicely balanced and the resource layout is good. If you make the map smaller you might want to consider moving the corner VPs closer to the centre to avoid an unflankable MG bunker at the map edges.

30 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM

Thank you for your comments.

I have updated the map to 0.2 and here are the changes:

• The mini-map was updated to the right size.
  • Now you should not sneak into the northern base with infantry because the mg covers all and the way through the mg fire is to long.
  • I moved the VP`s in the west and east closer to the centre of the map.
  • Some more cover to the VP west and the munition point in the north.

Please post some replays against human players here for more optimization.
8 Apr 2014, 13:52 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Sylver!

I am leaving my comments for the upcoming judging, as I will be away when the actual judging occurs. So, you'll get my feedback now, and the rest of the judges will comment soon!

It's good to see a revival from the Eastern Front, and well done on making such a smooth transition. I see the makings of a strong contender here!

However, I do have some constructive criticisms:

• You have no soft map edge, and units will suddenly spawn on-map without one. If you get the chance, please try to stamp your map onto a larger canvas, and add some interactivity around the borders. Relic will be expecting this in all their maps!
  • Secondly, your map is exceptionally flat, and while there are a few areas with slight cliffs, they are hardly significant. To that end, you have also ensured that there are blockers on each rise in the ground to ensure that units cannot climb it, but from a visual perspective, these "cliffs" do not seem tall or steep enough to be impassible. I would recommend adding either ditches or rocks to your "cliffs" to show players that they are impassible.
  • And finally, you have used grass well across the entire map, but most of it is the maximum length that it can be. Try using the subtraction tool on the grass editor to shrink any isolated chunks of grass, or any grass that is on an exposed edge. You want it to give off the appearance that areas which are never used (near bushes or trees) are taller, and areas more frequently trodden (near roadsides) are flatter.

All in all, however, you've made a great map better! Keep up the good work!
8 Apr 2014, 14:03 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have had a detailed look of your map and I'm very impressed. The resource layout is great and the VP's are balanced. I agree with what the others have said. However I would add is that the destroyed plane in the center needs to have a trail of destruction where it crashed. It doesn't look right atm.
10 Apr 2014, 17:59 PM

Thank you for your comments.

I have updated the map to 0.3 and here are the changes:

• Soft map edge was added.
• Some visual changes (plane, grass, map-entry points)

No changes to the cliffs. I think players will recognize that the cliffs are not passable fast.

Have fun while playing my map.
12 Apr 2014, 07:48 AM

I have updated the map to 0.4 and here are the changes:

• Technical changes.
• Some visual changes.

Map should be final now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 48
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10