Login

russian armor

Policy on injectors ? And a little introduction to them.

26 Jan 2013, 20:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I definitely agree with what you're generally saying.

Oh and welcome :)
26 Jan 2013, 21:20 PM

I was under the impression that this "injector" is just a dll acting as a proxy between the game and the real DirectX dll. As such, it can only modify what the game already draws on the screen.
Or have I misunderstood something here?
26 Jan 2013, 23:50 PM
Donator 11

Its nothing but contrast and sharpness boost up. Something you can do with your monitor and without those files.
27 Jan 2013, 11:54 AM

It is highly unlikely that anyone
pushing this subject has any interest in small insignificant graphics settings.
If you believe in that, go play with the nvidia control panel for two hours to
make your game look "better".

Baaah

Implying I'd like to cheat and call it a nice little mod in front of everyone ? Thank you, I appreciate.
I'm sorry dude, but your whole post is over reaction without real facts.

Again, injectors don't mess with game's code, like cheats do. But you're right on the fact that they can be easily detected by anticheat, and guess what ? A very minor company named PunkBuster decided it's no problem.

FXAA is an nVidia tech (and SMAA belongs to AMD/ATI), they have been integrated in their control panels a few month ago, but still, packs like SweetFX are way more powerfull in the eye candy department.

I just like mods, that's why I play on pc; getting rid of ugly colours filters (Battlefield 3 vanilla is... blue), getting rid of blurry textures and get HD, enjoying top quality anti alias instead of the bad ones ingames... Yes I plead guilty, I like this.

I admit it has to be discussed in a competitive view, ten times yes. "Same game for everyone" is indeed the prime basic of competition, but it HAS to be taken with a little grain of salt:
- what about players who plays in 800*600 full low graphics, even sometimes tweaking legit cfg files to make their game even clearer ?
- what about players who own 120 Hz screens ?

Two things that provide a clear advantage over opponents, two things you can't ban.

And I can assure you from my quite long FPS experience that I you play to win, you'd better play in 800*600/120Hz than mess with injectors.

Game can't be the same for everyone, except on consoles...

Now getting back to injectors, if the debate can be made with FPS, I hardly see how it can provide even the slighiest advantage over an opponent in a RTS. It's just a nice little eye candy, like the textures packs a lots of you are already enjoying in COH1.

What else ?
27 Jan 2013, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2013, 11:54 AMcanard

Implying I'd like to cheat and call it a nice little mod in front of everyone ?

Yep.
27 Jan 2013, 18:12 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight