Login

russian armor

Expansion spotted

PAGES (9)down
23 Mar 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:49 PMQubix
Did anyone else notice that the DLC Commanders aren't sold anymore ? At least I can't find them on steam wtf ?

Type in search "company of heroes 2 commander".
23 Mar 2014, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:53 PMKatitof

Type in search "company of heroes 2 commander".

nope can't find them
can someone else try searching for them ?
23 Mar 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:57 PMQubix

nope can't find them
can someone else try searching for them ?

I also just searched for the commanders, can't find them either.

Could this actually be happening?
23 Mar 2014, 13:07 PM
Donator 11

I also just searched for the commanders, can't find them either.

Could this actually be happening?

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Company_of_Heroes_2_Commanders/
23 Mar 2014, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 13:07 PMZ3r07

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Company_of_Heroes_2_Commanders/

okay so they're still avaible, but why are they hidden like this ? A few weeks ago you could access the commander page from the Company of Heroes 2 steam page. How did you find them ?
23 Mar 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 13:11 PMQubix

okay so they're still avaible, but why are they hidden like this ? A few weeks ago you could access the commander page from the Company of Heroes 2 steam page. How did you find them ?

Dunno what you guys are talking about, I can find them easily by typing "COH2 Commander" in the search bar.
23 Mar 2014, 13:31 PM

Dunno what you guys are talking about, I can find them easily by typing "COH2 Commander" in the search bar.

yep CoH2 Commander works :( nevermind then xD
23 Mar 2014, 13:48 PM
Benefactor 360

As far as I know the commander page hasn't been listed on the Coh2 store page for months now, don't know why they decided to remove it. Making space for futher Theatre of War pack I guess.
23 Mar 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 13:11 PMQubix

A witch and satan himself had hidden them......some People here should go to a doctor because of paranoid schizophrenia.Of course guys relic changing the whole commader System on 28th but they are still selling the old ones....of course......of course......paranoid ideas.
23 Mar 2014, 15:14 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:45 PMMadok

Event is scheduled for the 28th.

My bad. :-)
23 Mar 2014, 15:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

My guess is that this thread title will be on the money.
23 Mar 2014, 15:36 PM
Donator 11

I hope so, company of heroes is way too good to die!
23 Mar 2014, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 15:36 PMspajn
I hope so, company of heroes is way too good to die!

Please tell me you're not seriously expecting vCoH to have expansion, because thats what I understand from your wording.
23 Mar 2014, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 15:50 PMKatitof

Please tell me you're not seriously expecting vCoH to have expansion, because thats what I understand from your wording.

He might be referring to the franchise as a whole.
23 Mar 2014, 18:05 PM

He might be referring to the franchise as a whole.

Which would make it equally questionable thing as adolescence is usually not close to death.
23 Mar 2014, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 18:05 PMKatitof

Which would make it equally questionable thing as adolescence is usually not close to death.

I agree and hope he comes forth and clarifies his intentions with that comment.
23 Mar 2014, 19:33 PM

Lets all be realistic. Significant changes to the game are highly unlikely.

The commander system is here to stay, relic and sega wont change their profit model. At least for the short term future. MAYBE a few years from now when there is a significant amount of DLC content available, the game will become free 2 pay. This is a logical model for the evolution of the game.

Anyway back to the current announcement and what it could possibly be. In December of 2013 during SNF episode 7 Peter Qumsieh (note. Senior Balance Designer) was asked by AmiPolizeiFunk why he wasn't showing up in the official relic balance videos he cryptically replied and without giving details that his role had somewhat changed and that he had started working on some long term/large changes that the beta players weren't exposed to.

The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYLBMxuZtM
You can start from around 5 minutes.

Also recently relic cm Noun took some time to answer questions from the community on Reddit, and in short we received some clues to what was upcoming.

-When asked if there was an expansion coming, the answer was that "We haven't announced one yet."
-When asked if there was gonna be any Theater of War, the answer was "No Theater of War in the next little while."
-When asked if there we were gonna see any new units, the answer was a simple "New units would be exciting."
-When asked if there would be any new commanders released soon, the answer was a simple "Not this month."

Heres the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/20q8a9/reddit_tuesday_week_1/

So there it is, my personal conclusion is that we will possibly see some kind of 'expansion' with new units.

So most of you will say, 'so what? more commanders?' Here's where I will risk to say not necessarily, because announcing more commanders at a gaming event like rezzed seems a little underwhelming. So i think it should be something a little more substantial. This is where i will dare to speculate what Peter Qumsieh has been working on and was talking about in December on SNF...

(plz, dont burn me at the stake if i dare say)

An expansion like Tales of Valor for the original Company of Heroes, where we received a certain amount of NEW CORE UNITS that we could interchange with the old ones. They fulfilled their counterparts role in a slightly different way and perhaps for a different but similiar price. (Schwims replaced Bikes, Hellcats replaced M10s, etc)

Now before everyone starts burning relic or me (im innocent i swear). I actually believe that this could add a little bit of strategic depth to the game (PROVIDED the new units are balanced properly).

Of course this is all my personal speculation, I could very well be wrong. In any case im excited for whatever is coming our way.

P.S. If anyone is interested, this upcoming tuesday ahead of Rezzed Peter Qumsieh is supposedly awnsering questions on Reddit. Perhaps someone could ask him, he just might give an honest awnser... or a more cryptic one :P
23 Mar 2014, 20:56 PM

Heres the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/20q8a9/reddit_tuesday_week_1/

2.No. It's unlikely that we'll overhaul already released Commanders in any significant way. Balance updates, sure, but nothing like changing out their powers and making them super-cool.

There you "believers" have your official Statement by relic that the stupid commander System wont be changed.Everything what the Jesus-guy has said was just trolling.There wont be any Expansion too so you can now stop dreaming around and see the reality.

It s most likely a new Balance patch and a few new official maps thats everything.Nothing big.
23 Mar 2014, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 20:56 PMAffe

There you "believers" have your official Statement by relic that the stupid commander System wont be changed.Everything what the Jesus-guy has said was just trolling.

Obviously.

There wont be any Expansion too so you can now stop dreaming around and see the reality.

Because?...
I dont see any reason why there shouldnt be a new expansion pack eventually.
And the statement you quoted doesnt have anything to do with expansion packs.

It s most likely a new Balance patch and a few new official maps thats everything.Nothing big.

Traveling to another country to have an interview with a game magazine and a live stream to announce "the next step"...a patch?...

24 Mar 2014, 09:06 AM

For God sake, think like a company when you are trying to figure out what the company is planning to do!!!!

Simple: Market has rejected DLC commanders, P2W tag is hurting sales, etc etc.

What do you do?

You repackage individual DLC commanders you had planned and been working on, into a packaged version. Add few maps, some skins and couple of cool feature and sell it as expansion pack.

That's what anyone in marketing industry will understand instantly.

You do not change your product completely. You find the most effective and cost efficient way to go around the problem

Not saying, that's what Relic will announce on 28'th. But its most likely scenario + vision for future blah blah blah

You are welcome
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight