Login

russian armor

Did something happened to balance or am i just bad player?

20 Mar 2014, 22:12 PM

Hello all COH experts and strategists! got few things in my boggled mind and just thinking..i mostly/only play german side 4 vs.4 and our team have lost and won (mostly lost though) but since 2 days ago i havent won a single game. Today 9 lost games as german. It´s peculiar that we germans control 2 VP and still lose points. Like last game few last minutes we had 10 points left and russians over 300 points and russians hold only 1 VP. What am i missing? what has changed? And how the heck shocktroops + ZIS can take out Stug or panzer in single shot? has the balance changed or is it just our team?

Oh, and i forgot. How is it possible that we were holding in the beginning 1 fuelpoint +other extra pioneermade fuelpoints and i only had fuel +12 ( so not be able to build any stug etc. compare russians who had 1 fuelpoint and still 3 T-34 were ramming my base..

What am i missing, can some explain in what order and how many territory points should i hold on 4 vs.4. Does the all territory points gain fuel+ammo to my squad also or just the ones tha i have captures?
20 Mar 2014, 22:51 PM

Nothing that would affect 4v4 in any way changed in a long time now.
21 Mar 2014, 04:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What am i missing, can some explain in what order and how many territory points should i hold on 4 vs.4. Does the all territory points gain fuel+ammo to my squad also or just the ones tha i have captures?

Fuel point = 7
Munition = 11
Cache-Opel: 3/5

Resources gain is shared.
21 Mar 2014, 05:02 AM

There is no balance in 4v4
21 Mar 2014, 07:19 AM

Hello all COH experts and strategists! got few things in my boggled mind and just thinking..i mostly/only play german side 4 vs.4 and our team have lost and won (mostly lost though) but since 2 days ago i havent won a single game. Today 9 lost games as german.

Same thing happend to manny people including me.

You surely lost to:
1. PPSH spam (preferably with Advanced warfare commander)
2. sniper - clown car combo
3. maxim spam.

If you lost to anything else, than eather you met top 50 soviet, eather you need to adjust your playing style.

1. The only tactic I saw beating this is Mechanized Assault with following start: spaming AGs mixed with normal grenadiers;
2. avoid and build quickly 2 upgunned SC. If you got unlucky and he kills them with guards before their purpose is done, you can GG and live;
3. Festung Support Doctrine or Spearhead Doctrine. Maxim spammers hate Mortar HT. That is a nice litle toy.
21 Mar 2014, 10:05 AM

Hello all COH experts and strategists! got few things in my boggled mind and just thinking..i mostly/only play german side 4 vs.4 and our team have lost and won (mostly lost though) but since 2 days ago i havent won a single game.

Did you win few games in a row, few games due to sync error or people dropping in enemy team?

Maybe you just ranked up beyond where your true strength is.

Or you were just unlucky and got games vs better teams

Nothing has changed in the game that would cause balance issues
21 Mar 2014, 12:39 PM

Did you win few games in a row, few games due to sync error or people dropping in enemy team?

Maybe you just ranked up beyond where your true strength is.

Or you were just unlucky and got games vs better teams

Nothing has changed in the game that would cause balance issues

Not in a row. Example few games in the evening ( 2 wins 4 losses) etc. I´m on level 60 or 61 so i´m not a experienced player. I have hard time to understand how my side opponent can generate so much more manpower + firepower on his troops as we have same amount of territory points in control.
Tell me if i´m doing something wrong here. Feel free to laugh if you feel so.
First few minutes goes as this:

1. In the beginning i rush with ready pioneers to capture 1 territory point + build another pioneer squad to build a "base" for grenadiers, mortar, mg.

2.With first pioneer i build captured territory points to extra ammo and fuelpoint.

3. I build 1 grenadiers squad 1 Mg or mortar squad. = now i have 2 pioneers 2 other troops on the field.

4. with these 4 squad i try to capture main fuelpoint + victorypoint.

5. When i try to capture them i get beaten by molotows + car + at least 3-5 russian troops.. i cant do nothing but to die or retreat and meanwhile russians capture my territory point in few seconds..

6. I bring Scoutcar to the field and try to capture back lost territory point with 1 grenadier squad pioneers +Mg etc. = My Scoutcar is destroyed immediatly and my grenadiers + pioneers surrounded by 5 russian troops

7. Now i have no manpower no ammo no fuel...

21 Mar 2014, 12:48 PM

Not in a row. Example few games in the evening ( 2 wins 4 losses) etc. I´m on level 60 or 61 so i´m not a experienced player. I have hard time to understand how my side opponent can generate so much more manpower + firepower on his troops as we have same amount of territory points in control.
Tell me if i´m doing something wrong here. Feel free to laugh if you feel so.
First few minutes goes as this:

1. In the beginning i rush with ready pioneers to capture 1 territory point + build another pioneer squad to build a "base" for grenadiers, mortar, mg.

2.With first pioneer i build captured territory points to extra ammo and fuelpoint.

3. I build 1 grenadiers squad 1 Mg or mortar squad. = now i have 2 pioneers 2 other troops on the field.

5. When i try to capture them i get beaten by molotows + car + at least 3-5 russian troops.. i cant do nothing but to die or retreat and meanwhile russians capture my territory point in few seconds..

6. I bring Scoutcar to the field and try to capture back lost territory point with 1 grenadier squad pioneers +Mg etc. = My Scoutcar is destroyed immediatly and my grenadiers + pioneers surrounded by 5 russian troops

get atleast 2 or 3 grens, then an mg, then either another mg or a mortar. 2 pioneer start is not advisable but it's certainly doable.
21 Mar 2014, 14:45 PM

Permanently Banned
With magic at grenades and magic shereks, the game are broken...

And the NFS kamikaze tank's too...

With soviet is just spam, die, die, retry, come back more cons, etc...

Oh, and the sniper in a car, lol!
21 Mar 2014, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 14:45 PMBravus
With magic at grenades and magic shereks, the game are broken...

And the NFS kamikaze tank's too...

With soviet is just spam, die, die, retry, come back more cons, etc...

Oh, and the sniper in a car, lol!

and please play at 0:58
21 Mar 2014, 21:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 16:21 PMPorygon

and please play at 0:58

Just because you use all these techniques that are wrong-broken with the game right?
21 Mar 2014, 21:40 PM
Patrion 15

There hasn't been a significant balance change in a while. If your losing regularly there is always something you can look to improve by watching the replay. Can you post a replay so we can give you specifics to work on? Usually these types of threads are a result of frustration, in which case its easier to blame game imbalance than it is to really look at your own play and see what you did wrong. Try watching replays, are you losing squads? Allowing yourself to get cutoff? Forgetting to tech and floating lots of fuel? No one can really give you any real solid advice without having some gameplay footage to work off of. It sounds like you are struggling with the basic game mechanics.
21 Mar 2014, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 05:02 AMPorygon
There is no balance in 4v4

Which is fun, because didn't PQ said 2 days ago that 4v4 win loss ratios are about the most balanced out of them all during his stream and chat with Dane?
I know I was surprised to hear that. I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk at the time.
22 Mar 2014, 10:55 AM

Well catastrophic mistake you make is building ammo and fuel cache on first points.

If you play team games other players will have a heart attack because they know they have to fight twice as hard to survive the game until those points benefit becomes greater than loss of man power.

By doing so, you have left yourself without an army to fight with. You have 4 units, but only one of those units is actually capable of fighting it out vs Conscript squad. That is Grenadier squad.
On top of that, your opponent probably has 4-5 conscript squads and he is already teching up.
Basically you have 0% chance of wining vs anyone who isn't completely clueless playing COH2
By the time you get to that scout car, your opponent is probably near getting a tank. And he has plenty of firepower to fight off a tank, let alone scout car.

What you should do is make a base with first eng, as soon as they are finish - build gren squad and send them to capture fuel. Or at least don't let your opponent take it for free.
build another Gren or Mg and send it to support first gren. Keep capping points with your eng.
Don't let your gren and or mg sit idle. Harass, try to capture points. Tech up, to 'base 2' get AT gun and PGrenadier squad or two.

Only now you can think about building fuel or ammo cache. not before.

End even now its situational, if you have strong army or building fuel cache with intention to get fast Piv, its fine. If you are building it without clear plan. It's bad idea.

Hope that helps
22 Mar 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 22:44 PMKatitof

Which is fun, because didn't PQ said 2 days ago that 4v4 win loss ratios are about the most balanced out of them all during his stream and chat with Dane?
I know I was surprised to hear that. I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk at the time.

Nothing odd there.
There is nothing that determines end result of 4v4 game more than luck of automatch draw.

With so many games played, so many games ending up as half skirmish games. Win/Loss ratio is bound to even itself out.

It doesn't mean it has anything to do with game balance at all.
22 Mar 2014, 15:12 PM

Well catastrophic mistake you make is building ammo and fuel cache on first points.

If you play team games other players will have a heart attack because they know they have to fight twice as hard to survive the game until those points benefit becomes greater than loss of man power.

By doing so, you have left yourself without an army to fight with. You have 4 units, but only one of those units is actually capable of fighting it out vs Conscript squad. That is Grenadier squad.
On top of that, your opponent probably has 4-5 conscript squads and he is already teching up.
Basically you have 0% chance of wining vs anyone who isn't completely clueless playing COH2
By the time you get to that scout car, your opponent is probably near getting a tank. And he has plenty of firepower to fight off a tank, let alone scout car.

What you should do is make a base with first eng, as soon as they are finish - build gren squad and send them to capture fuel. Or at least don't let your opponent take it for free.
build another Gren or Mg and send it to support first gren. Keep capping points with your eng.
Don't let your gren and or mg sit idle. Harass, try to capture points. Tech up, to 'base 2' get AT gun and PGrenadier squad or two.

Only now you can think about building fuel or ammo cache. not before.

End even now its situational, if you have strong army or building fuel cache with intention to get fast Piv, its fine. If you are building it without clear plan. It's bad idea.

Hope that helps

Yes, this helps a lot. Thanks Baba and LongJohn for your guidance! It seems that i have completely misunderstood the idea of building extra ammo + fuel points and therefore lost my manpower to useless engineer work.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★