Login

russian armor

how do I make a custom map use winter troops?

20 Mar 2014, 15:10 PM

Greetings,

I am new to this forums and I thought I would ask those of you with more knowledge on this matter than I. I am working on a custom winter map but when I test it, my troops (Russian) don't have the ability to build fires to keep warm nor do they get cold when out in the snow for too long. I have the snow on the ground, I have the snow falling, all the basic mapping requirements for weather, but even the armor does not come out in winter camouflage. How do I set the map so that the game assigns the proper player skins and opens the ability for cold effect on the troops and the ability for then to build a fire to stay warm? I am using the Moscow outskirts preset for my scenario atmosphere preset.
Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.
20 Mar 2014, 15:49 PM

List of useful tutorials :Map-making tutorial index

This particular one will solve your problems:How-To: Winter Skins in custom maps

It should also enable you to build fires, if i remember correctly.
20 Mar 2014, 17:00 PM

ok, I did as you mentioned and made sure to have the values set before exporting my map package. However, the troops still do not suffer the effects of being out in the cold for long nor do they have the option to build a fire. I looked through the other items in the index but nothing is listed there to make this happen. Any other suggestions?
20 Mar 2014, 19:39 PM

Turns out i did remember slightly wrong, to enable your troop to build camp-fires you will need to enable a blizzard in map.

How-to: Blizzard in Custom maps

Deep snow and blizzards will make your troops cold.
A hight value higher than 0.05 counts as deep snow and will slow down and make infantry cold.

If you don't want a to have a blizzard but want to be able to build camp-fires the answer is a "Blizzard-less Blizzard" ^^
21 Mar 2014, 02:05 AM

ok, this did it, and thank you very much for your help. I have only one last question, what value would I change to get a "blizzard-less blizzard"?
21 Mar 2014, 06:03 AM

well I figured out to just change to the atmosphere I wanted based on the tutorial. I still have a blizzard but that is ok, it's something I like about the game and makes it more challenging. Thank you for your help!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★