Login

russian armor

angry people

19 Mar 2014, 18:26 PM

Why do some players get very angry at others. It's just a game but if I don't play to their standard, they get down right nasty......why?
19 Mar 2014, 18:43 PM

A. They're trolling to try and elicit an emotional response from you this will take your mind off the game and give them an advantage

B. They are a deeply emotionally disturbed individual who you should feel sorry for, after you smack them around a bit on the battlefield

I'm no big city Psychologist but that's my opinion =/
19 Mar 2014, 19:09 PM
Donator 11

A. They're trolling to try and elicit an emotional response from you this will take your mind off the game and give them an advantage

B. They are a deeply emotionally disturbed individual who you should feel sorry for, after you smack them around a bit on the battlefield

I'm no big city Psychologist but that's my opinion =/

So thats what you think about us when youre listening in ts. MVGame
19 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

People are assholes on the internet because they don't have to look you in the face. Its just something you get used to. I pity them, because they are the ones who are truly upset.
19 Mar 2014, 22:11 PM

A certain soviet player* (to protect the guilty, no name). Once he starts to lose, its all caps, calling you and whoever else a whore. Funny, maybe he should concentrate on playing a bit more though. Usually I would not call someone out, but I have the replays to show how..much of a character this guy is.
19 Mar 2014, 22:25 PM

Just don't take it personally and try to look at the funny side of it. Whenever somebody is raging against me i always have to laugh. :D
19 Mar 2014, 23:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

please no public acusations.
19 Mar 2014, 23:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Report them on Steam, at some point they'll get banned I guess ^^
19 Mar 2014, 23:43 PM

In sport, you often get some abuse from the opposing side, and the odd off the ball incidents (guilty of that! :D).

In online games though with a replay record of what you do and say, it's a bit stupid though. Not sure if i'd be bothered to report someone for it, but if they get a reputation for it, only themselves to blame.
20 Mar 2014, 17:46 PM

The ones who are abusive are always the ones on my team, sorry if I'm not a pro at this game but I don't think that's needed.Took the fun out of it.
Thank you all, reassures me that there are still friendlies out there.
20 Mar 2014, 19:14 PM

I would have to say that team mate abuse in random team games is quite prevalent in this game if you are a new player or just not having a good day playing. Just ignore it as best you can ... or have some fun ... 1st time you get called a noob, be polite and let your team know you are doing your best. Second time ... inform him that you are moving all your troops back to base so he can show yoou how it's done. 3rd time ... fire bomb his base.
Most likely he will just comment a few times and leave.
21 Mar 2014, 15:41 PM

Thanks fellow canuck
Only Relic postRelic 21 Mar 2014, 16:12 PM

One of the nicest things about working on EASPORTS NHL was that I could drop this video clip in threads with a legitimate reason and knowing that people would get it.

But it applies to all games, including CoH2.

21 Mar 2014, 19:53 PM

Keep in mind that the game is not only played by adults. I saw people wishing each other cancer over what was supposed to be a game. I refuse to believe those guys were adults.-_-
25 Mar 2014, 06:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 18:26 PMDAGMARK
Why do some players get very angry at others. It's just a game but if I don't play to their standard, they get down right nasty......why?

why i never played coh1 2v2 automatch ever. :( (i ignored more people on there than equivalent time using gr chat :P)

Keep in mind that the game is not only played by adults. I saw people wishing each other cancer over what was supposed to be a game. I refuse to believe those guys were adults.-_-

THIS IS THE INTERNET, prepare to be disappointed :P
25 Mar 2014, 08:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I would love to have the option to mute players individually. I bet that would make Noun's job a lot easier, too :p
25 Mar 2014, 10:57 AM

Ilya Bryzgalov... What a character.

But yes, +1 to individual muting. Otherwise I end up counter trolling the trolls too often.
25 Mar 2014, 12:09 PM

Played an auto 2vs2 this morning ... first couple of minutes into the game my 'partner' was already telling me and the opposing team that I was a noob. It's like an automatic ... if we loose, It's not my fault. He was right .. I am a noob. How he knew in that short of time, I'm not sure ... because I laid down a munitions cache early rather than move my engineers forwards? I don't know.
I do know it did effect my play ... I was annoyed at him so I wasn't on my best game.
Oh well ... moving on to the next game ... sorry if you get partnered up with me guys ... I'm trying to learn as quick as I can. :thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★