Login

russian armor

Somthing very strange,,, COH2 Beta footage

16 Mar 2014, 02:01 AM

Lol i knew id get laughed at by a lot of people - watch the old casts in full and you see its another game, or watch some of the higlights and see how vehicles move and are effected by physics.

delayed by half a year? Or doing development on the fly with their new beta and all the shit we had to go through. Watch the old casts none of the problems people regularly talk about even exist in these games - yeh balance might not have been 100% perfect but they way the game worked is superior in every facet
16 Mar 2014, 02:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This post is kind of a joke. Yes, it is different, its the beta. You expect the game to be the same? You are so convinced the engine is different, you aren't even realizing how much this looks like the game we have now.

Quite frankly, a lot of what looks different is stylistic choices in the UI. I also suspect that the casts you are looking it were likely running the game at higher settings with a better frame rate then many people are capable of running. The conspiracy theory is quite outlandish.

and, it was said earlier: Placebo.
16 Mar 2014, 02:22 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2014, 02:01 AMHS King
yeh balance might not have been 100% perfect but they way the game worked is superior in every facet

No, the current game is far, far better than the Alpha and Beta builds that we were given to play.

Pathing was incredibly bad, one shot squad wipes were even more abundant, visibility was a lot worse, the input lag was far worse and if the beta feedback forums were still available to view it would only serve to invalidate your point about the beta build being superior to the live build.

16 Mar 2014, 02:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2014, 02:01 AMHS King
they way the game worked is superior in every facet

hahaha. no exaggeration whatsoever.
16 Mar 2014, 03:29 AM

No, the current game is far, far better than the Alpha and Beta builds that we were given to play.

Pathing was incredibly bad, one shot squad wipes were even more abundant, visibility was a lot worse, the input lag was far worse and if the beta feedback forums were still available to view it would only serve to invalidate your point about the beta build being superior to the live build.

LOL mate you arent listening.. the beta they released to public is the new version and this game has improved.. but its not the same gamw as the one in those videos - its much much worse but yes the game we have now has been improved.
watch the videos in detail and youll see its not rhe same engine
16 Mar 2014, 03:46 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2014, 01:19 AMHS King

Mate think about it - the beta we are seeing on these videos was before the beta open to everyone to play. we played the new version of the game not the one shown on the vidoe, the version that is the inferior version to the game shown

As soon as i played the beta of coh2 I knew something was wrong, it felt nothing like coh nothing at all.. the movements, the way squads died ect it was all wrong, and when watching those casts it all looks so similar - it didn't click to me fully until now

Watch any og the old casts, none of the issues we knwo are there, no one shot squad wipes, or random deaths, perfect retreats, vehicle movement is great and so is the depth to armour combat all the effects are different man its crazy

Look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7eN0Fol8Hw 44:30 thats all u need to know to see the game was much different, look at the way shocks and grens fight and the nade effects - different game

I've watched the videos, and the physics you talk about are still in the current game. Bodies fly in the air and limbs go all over the place just like the bundle nade in that vid, you just have to have a good cpu to max it.
16 Mar 2014, 03:54 AM

I've watched the videos, and the physics you talk about are still in the current game. Bodies fly in the air and limbs go all over the place just like the bundle nade in that vid, you just have to have a good cpu to max it.

I have max graphics and physics on and they dont, tank shots dont move people, huge explosions happen and guys lie where they died instead of being thrown around.

To be clear to everyone im not saying the beta is better than the game we have now - its not. Im saying the beta in these vidoes is not the same game we got to play as a beta version - it looks like its based off the coh engine and this game we have right now is not.
16 Mar 2014, 04:06 AM

I just watched hours of the old beta casts pre beta public release and none of those issues are there at all - in fact the exact opposite is true, the pathing is great, units respond instantly and vehicle combat is far far better than it is now.

ALl the effects look and act better in game and there is advanced terrain destruction - I have seen no squad wipes and inf combat is clearly superior in the video version of the game.

Cover works and yeh I cant agree with what you are saying. You are getting what I am saying mixed up you are thinking of the beta we all played and I am talking about the videos I posted specifically - two different things in my opinion.

Just watch one of them for like 20 mins and you will see what I mean -go to a point in the game where there is vehicle combat and you will see

16 Mar 2014, 04:12 AM

endless shizz were ejaculated form all body openings when i first tried coh2 beta. the atomosphere and feel was amazing though im probably just seeing it from rose tinted goggles

+1
16 Mar 2014, 04:54 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2014, 04:06 AMHS King

I just watched hours of the old beta casts pre beta public release and none of those issues are there at all - in fact the exact opposite is true, the pathing is great, units respond instantly and vehicle combat is far far better than it is now.

ALl the effects look and act better in game and there is advanced terrain destruction - I have seen no squad wipes and inf combat is clearly superior in the video version of the game.

Cover works and yeh I cant agree with what you are saying. You are getting what I am saying mixed up you are thinking of the beta we all played and I am talking about the videos I posted specifically - two different things in my opinion.

Just watch one of them for like 20 mins and you will see what I mean -go to a point in the game where there is vehicle combat and you will see

I played all versions of the alpha and beta build and they were all dog shit compared to current build we have now. You can't possibly say that you can determine unit responsiveness from a video of a replay where you cant see the time difference from click to action nor can you see the effort put in by the players to over come the dog shit vehicle pathing in the alpha and beta builds. So unless you actually PLAYED those old builds lately you can't say one is better than the other with regards to the points I have addressed.

The graphical effects are subjective, to me they don't look any different.

Your comment about "cover working" is dubious because the cover modifiers have not been changed ever, from alpha to now unless you can elaborate on your comment.

The guys who were allowed to release pre-public beta footage also didn't have a special build.
16 Mar 2014, 04:57 AM

:lolol: HS King coh2.org poster of the year
16 Mar 2014, 06:52 AM

Lowering down quality of graphics isn't optimization, it's watering down graphics. Get it right.

The in-game sounds better. Listen to the strafing run at 27 minutes. The mortars had a whistling sound to it as well. At 13:11 minutes with the At Gun barrage. And at 49:45 seconds, just overall eargasm from the ISU-152. Perhaps Relic lost these files when transferring to Sega, who knows.

But the UI, balance, and the commander system with tiers just made me want to vomit. It's sad that we lost superior graphics, because to be honest coh2 doesn't look like a 2014 game at all. But at the same time we lost the bad balance and the terrible UI.
16 Mar 2014, 07:10 AM

I played all versions of the alpha and beta build and they were all dog shit compared to current build we have now. You can't possibly say that you can determine unit responsiveness from a video of a replay where you cant see the time difference from click to action nor can you see the effort put in by the players to over come the dog shit vehicle pathing in the alpha and beta builds. So unless you actually PLAYED those old builds lately you can't say one is better than the other with regards to the points I have addressed.

The graphical effects are subjective, to me they don't look any different.

Your comment about "cover working" is dubious because the cover modifiers have not been changed ever, from alpha to now unless you can elaborate on your comment.

The guys who were allowed to release pre-public beta footage also didn't have a special build.

Ok u dont see It but I do.

ok I guess it makese sense for relic to:

remove different types of vehicle damage
rwmove physics effects
remove proper infantry combat and movment
remove nice expolsion and flame effects
make vehicle shots look like a cartoon
add in a terrible infantry combat system
remove detailed terrain damage
make vehicle movment simplistic
add in a game effecting rng system

so yeh makes sense to do all that after they had a game that looked to be quite good as seen from the vidoes, duno about you but that just seems stupid to me and therefore I dont bwlivethey made those changes to the game that is displayed in the vidoes. just watch them and you will agree
16 Mar 2014, 08:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The more I am told to watch the video and agree with you, the less I agree.
16 Mar 2014, 10:17 AM

Lowering down quality of graphics isn't optimization, it's watering down graphics. Get it right.

The in-game sounds better. Listen to the strafing run at 27 minutes. The mortars had a whistling sound to it as well. At 13:11 minutes with the At Gun barrage. And at 49:45 seconds, just overall eargasm from the ISU-152. Perhaps Relic lost these files when transferring to Sega, who knows.

But the UI, balance, and the commander system with tiers just made me want to vomit. It's sad that we lost superior graphics, because to be honest coh2 doesn't look like a 2014 game at all. But at the same time we lost the bad balance and the terrible UI.

I am guessing that they weren't getting the performance levels they wanted in the SP campaign and larger team games, so they decided to optimization the VFX / audio.

I don't believe they would water down the visuals for no reason.

16 Mar 2014, 10:23 AM

I can't really see a significant difference between the previous and current version, probably also because I don't care.

The gameplay has improved drastically since those dark days and even if visuals were reduced it wouldn't bother me.
16 Mar 2014, 10:48 AM

Placebo effect , I played all the betas and they did not look better than the current build.
16 Mar 2014, 10:49 AM

It had to be done... :)
16 Mar 2014, 12:52 PM

About vehicle combat, the reason it was "watered down" was because the original system was overdone to hell. Yeah it looks cool, watching the video, you see a tank disabled, you see temporary crits, etc. But trust me, that got old fast. Looks cool, but getting a crit on your tank every third hit was infuriating. You're complaining about them adding an "RNG system", while praising about the biggest RNG system CoH has ever seen. It's a shame they were removed completely, some sparing use would have been cool.

Also you or someone mentioned Flamethrower combat seemed more balanced. It wasn't, it was OP as hell. Watch the entire video, see the part where a Flamethrower Engineer almost beats a Panzergrenadier squad.

The only things I agree on are craters (which still exist, but are much shallow-er than CoH1's, and sometimes the decal doesn't fit the deformation (railway gun)), and abandoned vehicles (which are super rare now and a single hit from anything will destroy them).
16 Mar 2014, 15:06 PM

2 things - your experience with beta version of coh 2 has got f all to do with what I am saying. Not relevant at all to the discussion, neither is the improvements to the be beta to now. Why you may ask?

The reason is that just about everything in the game we have now to the vidoes I am talking about is different, the way vehicles move, the way terrain gets blasted, they way grenades and flame works, the way physics work,the planes that deliver ordnance, the way mp works,the way squad and unit health works and the animations for death of infantry, the way paks and tanks shoot are all different - its not just cosmetic, the way things interact with the game world is not the same. The amount of extra detail is quite marked, its much more coh like then what coh2 is like right now... and

Point 2 - if you can honestly watch the beta casts from dane (1-4 havent seen the rest) and come back here and say the game in those vidoes and the game we have now is built of the same engine then I just cant help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight