Login

russian armor

Keeping Infantry alive late game

15 Mar 2014, 14:44 PM

Any got any advice on this? my units just melt to everything late game and then its over. Flame tanks T34-85's, sniper spam, shock troop spam or normally a combo of the lot. V depressing watching a flame tank burn a vet 3 unit in seconds
15 Mar 2014, 14:50 PM

I guess it just comes down to field awareness (experience) and thus retreating early enough. Using the tactical map or looking regularly at the minimap helps a lot. Also make sure that you have a medic bunker in your base to heal your retreated squads.

Usually when you see a KV-8 it is a better option to just retreat right away rather than trying to faust it since there is a good chance the faust will not penetrate.
And the KV-8 can chase a retreating squad for a while, most likely wiping killing so you don't want to lose vet 2 or 3 squads this way.

Against KV-8s you need 2 PaKs to keep it away so that it cannot just rush it and circle around. A Panzer IV will keep it away too, though it's not inflicting a lot of damage against the KV-8. In general the strength for both armies is combined arms - a monotonous army composition usually can be countered quite easily.

Upload a replay if you want more specific advice :)
15 Mar 2014, 15:33 PM

All for 2v2 forgot to say. Can win the early/mid game but soon as the late game starts my units just start dropping. Once they have a defensive line up i can't find a viable way to break it without loosing to much.
15 Mar 2014, 18:45 PM

nebelwerfer vs those walls of soviets...zis mg su85 etc works like a dream
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight