Login

russian armor

Mg-42 armor piercing rounds

14 Mar 2014, 10:26 AM
Donator 11

I would change the vet 1 ability so that the mg crew would get one mag of armor piercing rounds rather than for a certain time. It would make the ability more useful. Let me know what you think about this :)

14 Mar 2014, 11:01 AM
Patrion 14

Well there already is a reload, so it wouldnt change that part much. I do think though, that a timed ability is more in line with the game overall. Otherwise they might shoot "all but one bullet" leaving you with yet another annoying reload. On that topic though, does the MG42 team automatically reload to normal ammo when time is up, no matter if there are enemies around or not?
14 Mar 2014, 11:13 AM

been suggested tons of times
relic seems to not care about improving the game
14 Mar 2014, 11:34 AM

I've heard that idea for the first time.

The ability is -for the low munition price- already extremely devestating. If there is no timing, no risk of wasting munitions involved it becomes a spammable no-brainer choice. What would stop you from converting munitions into extreme damage if no drawback was involved?

And does anybody know how many bursts one magazine provide?

14 Mar 2014, 11:59 AM

The ability is -for the low munition price- already extremely devestating. If there is no timing, no risk of wasting munitions involved it becomes a spammable no-brainer choice. What would stop you from converting munitions into extreme damage if no drawback was involved?

entirely dependable on the crew decided to go into the 'animantion idle' stance and not fire for 5-6 seconds, among other glitches that occur with crewed weapons
14 Mar 2014, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 11:59 AMbuckers

entirely dependable on the crew decided to go into the 'animantion idle' stance and not fire for 5-6 seconds, among other glitches that occur with crewed weapons

Sounds like mag change just without animation.

Another reason can be traverse speed, MG42(and all setup teams) like to look forward and seem to do nothing, while in fact the weapon traverses onto the next target.
14 Mar 2014, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 11:01 AMLe Wish
Otherwise they might shoot "all but one bullet" leaving you with yet another annoying reload.

They already do that. God it when your MG fires 3 shots and starts reloading, and the Cons realise what's happening and Ooralotov.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 11:01 AMLe Wish
On that topic though, does the MG42 team automatically reload to normal ammo when time is up, no matter if there are enemies around or not?

No, the gun just starts feeding normal ammo again when the timer runs out, even if it's mid-burst.
14 Mar 2014, 12:39 PM

I dont remember how much it costs but thats the wrong way to look at it imo. There isn't a drawback to using faust, oorah, sprint, etc. so if the low cost is an issue then just make it cost slightly more.
14 Mar 2014, 17:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 11:13 AMbuckers
been suggested tons of times
relic seems to not care about improving the game

you're not a lorax are you?
14 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

6 bursts

I dont remember how much it costs but thats the wrong way to look at it imo. There isn't a drawback to using faust, oorah, sprint, etc. so if the low cost is an issue then just make it cost slightly more.

i think youre missing the point and there is actually already a drawback. activating the ability forces a reload. since its timed, you typically only do this once a unit is in range or when youre baiting something into range, otherwise the ability is wasted. because of this knowing when to toggle the ability requires strategy.

if you can toggle this ability way before you see a unit, the drawback of reloading is removed. your mgs could always have incendiary rounds ready for the second they see an enemy. little to no strategy involved. as long as you have munitions you should toggle it. itd be almost as mindless as the ppsh upgrade.
14 Mar 2014, 17:45 PM

I'm going to assume you mean you could trigger the ability wherever and the crew could then move around and still fire off a clip off the stuff.

This would be so freaking op I can't really even imagine what it would be like, clearly the ability would have to be nerfed to do next to nothing if you could trigger it beforehand with no drawback except the extremely minor munition cost. It's an insanely powerful ability with a good drawback as it is, I don't see why it needs to be changed.

The timer is long enough and the cost low enough to trigger it pre-emptively as it is now. I recommend you do that instead of asking for it to be completely reworked.
14 Mar 2014, 23:38 PM

This is a very bad idea. Incendiary rounds are very powerful. They rip apart infantry and kill light vehicles in about 1 second.

Here is how it is now:
- Germans need a good sense of timing due to having to reload.
- Soviets can avoid it by retreating and waiting for the cooldown.
- There is good and poor use of the ability. A good use can either force a retreat or do massive damage. A poor use of the ability will either result in a oorah charge during reload or a waste of munitions.

With your idea, this is how it will be:
- German player does not need any sense of timing to activate the ability, it can just be done at any time.
- The soviet player can't avoid it. Even if he instantly retreats his suppressed squad, the mg42 will retain their AP rounds.
- There is no good or poor use of the ability. Every use of the ability has a 100% success rate because the mg42 will only run out of AP rounds when every single one of them has been shot into some poor soviet soldier.
15 Mar 2014, 00:47 AM

I think the armor piercing rounds are fine as is, no need to change what isn't broken.
15 Mar 2014, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 17:25 PMWiFiDi

you're not a lorax are you?

i just think if i keep saying things like that, relic will see them and say "OH, WE ARE IMPROVING THE GAME, LET US PROVE IT TO YOU"

but they won't
because lol relic
15 Mar 2014, 04:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

They are in a good spot as is. Mr M3 scout car thinks he's hot shit until he realizes he just rolled in front of my armor piercing rounds which I pre-empted because I knew he was coming. I feel like a boss.

As opposed to, this MG has been sitting here with AP rounds for 5 minutes and now there's a scout car, cool. Glad I clicked the button earlier.
15 Mar 2014, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2014, 01:51 AMbuckers

i just think if i keep saying things like that, relic will see them and say "OH, WE ARE IMPROVING THE GAME, LET US PROVE IT TO YOU"

but they won't
because lol relic

Umm, you do realize what patches are?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment