Login

russian armor

Which commander do you use?

11 Mar 2014, 10:39 AM

This question may sound ridiculous but after 350h I have a problem with that. Most of the time I use Spearhead or Lightning war (and this new air doctrine) but since I started use Brummbar+Panther I dont need a Tiger and I cant decide which doctrine is the most useful.
Recently I try use common doctrine with Pak43, recon and railway arty (forgot the name) and the one with Gew, 7,5mm arty, and AT air strike. First one gives me huge damage made and the second one is about number of troops I killed.

So in the end I wonder which doctrine is used most often from all available.
11 Mar 2014, 11:11 AM
Donator 11

Im starting to like mechanized support. really like the variety of it. the only thing is that lmgs in ht are too expensive (520 mp) and it comes too late (3 cps).
11 Mar 2014, 11:16 AM

the moment i see soviet weapons teams (zis mortar or mgs) i go with spearhead doctrin for the mortar halftrack. if a see a t1 (snipers) i go with g43s. ag thats just a rough answer to your question
11 Mar 2014, 13:51 PM

Recently I've been rolling with Jeager Infantry. It's very heavy on the munitions but ambush cammo on panzergrenadiers is just so much fun. Wait in cover and hold fire until a conscript squad is close by and then rip them apart with a nice dose of 200% Pgren damage.
11 Mar 2014, 16:38 PM

1v1:

Assgren or Osttruppen
Elite or Jager Inf
Spearhead or Close Air support

2v2:
Joint Ops
Opel Strafe
Assgren
13 Mar 2014, 12:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

either air or jeager inf. :)
13 Mar 2014, 22:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Combined Operations remains my go to.

Recon is awesome as always

Light Artillery Barrage kills Zis, or any other high value point target

The Pak 43 and Artillery are only situational useful, but if you need them you are glad to have them
14 Mar 2014, 08:30 AM

For ages I have been trying to play German doctrines like Sov ones, by basing my entire strategy around it.

I realise that's not the way to go now. You obviously have to adapt to what the soviet does with your base units, and then save the doctrine in case you need a more situational unit.

The four main ones are, Tiger, Elefant, pak43 and howie.

So by having joins ops, lightening war and jeager (one with Elefant), I can wait to see which unit is going to help me most against what they have fielded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★