Login

russian armor

German S-Mines Broken

12 Mar 2014, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 12:11 PMPorygon

So I exclusively playing Ostheer, still getting Soviet top 20, meaning what? MVGame

Oh that is quite simple! Its exactly how it was in DoW2 where 80% of players played SM(ost are new SM)!
When you play soviets you're playing against a faction that have much more bad players you're getting matched against, the challenge appears only against german top 50 IF you meet those players, because you will still get matched against average players.
That is obviously a slight exaggeration, but the general idea is something like that.

Balance obviously matters, but not nearly as much as the whiners make it seem, you can see diverse strats and usually better player wins.
12 Mar 2014, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 12:35 PMKatitof

Oh that is quite simple! Its exactly how it was in DoW2 where 80% of players played SM(ost are new SM)!
When you play soviets you're playing against a faction that have much more bad players you're getting matched against,

Now that is exageration and totally untrue. Logically, the reason for that is rather that is easier to play with soviets than the fact that german faction has weaker players. There is no such pattern: "I am an idiot, oh, so I will play with germans".
12 Mar 2014, 13:31 PM

I must agree, that S-minefields get laid down rather fast. Maybe Relic should just increase the build time slightly.

Also, in regard to canceling and laying down new patch of minefield next to it - how do you know where the pioneers will start laying them down? There are four patches.
12 Mar 2014, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2014, 12:35 PMKatitof

When you play soviets you're playing against a faction that have much more bad players you're getting matched against, the challenge appears only against german top 50 IF you meet those players, because you will still get matched against average players.
That is obviously a slight exaggeration, but the general idea is something like that.

Balance obviously matters, but not nearly as much as the whiners make it seem, you can see diverse strats and usually better player wins.

Do you think I won a bunch of noobs can get that stat in that low number of games?
12 Mar 2014, 14:50 PM

S-mines are fine. I am playing only soviet right now. By the time the first S-mines arrive I have a mine sweeper. It does mean I have to get minesweepers now, but I think that is very fair.
12 Mar 2014, 15:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

make each pioneer split up go and build each mine on their own at reduced speed. Fixed? No more refunding and if the squad is down 2 or 3 men then it will naturally take longer to build and if u don't finish it the minefield won't work until the last squares are completed! They can be finished later as we'll if u come under fire.
12 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM

Increasing build time would be a good option, I think. Maybe something inbetween pre patch and post patch build times.

@ Katitof: I didn't really get the soviet sniper reference. I thought we were just talking about mines, no?
12 Mar 2014, 16:18 PM

That playing with soviets is currently easyer. I know that, I perform verry good with soviets though playing mostly with germans. :) But I don't really mind. So it was in COH 1 when playing with americans was like a walk in the park compared to the hell that was playing with PE.

P.S. Now manny guys will come telling me I don't know shit. :D

Actually you make good sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight