Login

russian armor

Seriously how to counter sniper clown car spam?

8 Mar 2014, 07:13 AM

AT nade just come before 222 and he keep shielding the clown car behind the cons, and the sniper keep manpower drain like fuck, it is much harder to counter sniperspam without clown car

How do you guys deal with that?
8 Mar 2014, 10:04 AM

One guy bought a fast pz4 against me, bought vet1 for it, and blitzkrieged out of the fog of war and rushed my sniper car:DD: it went faster than my scout car, lol.

Other than that, i dont see if there is any counter to it, if microed properly, noone can catch up to it. Try to hide grens behind a house or trees or something, and faust it...Or hide an AT gun somewhere and lure him in somehow...
8 Mar 2014, 12:31 PM

I try to use mortars if snipers are without clown car, but if they hvae I have no ******* idea.
Few times I successfully flanked them by Pgrens with schrecks but I had to go almost around whole map.
Also try to use this air strike which stun inf and go through cons with Pz4 or SdKfz.
8 Mar 2014, 13:37 PM

a well place teller mine will kill car and 1 of the 2 man squad
and if you chopping up his cons he is gonna struggle for manpower...he will have to replace his one sniper which isnt cheap plus replacing all his cons. if he goes AT nade or guards he will need manpower for that too so a well placed teller mine will own. also i like hiding my grens behind a hedge and his car might come passed and not see grens in time ...quick faust !!!

but yes its tricky to deal with but if you get him it will hurt
8 Mar 2014, 20:47 PM

The most hard one is like that, he just do it 24/7

he got 3 cons, and then 3 Clown Cars, with snipers, 2 flame engi or Guards, Guard spam to T34/85 callin
I tried so many strategy against that guy

- Osttruppen spam to fast T2 (those crap infantry can't really fight cons well, sniper does almost nothing to them but I cannot breakthrough the clown car wall)

- camo Gren using ambush, won once, killed all freaking clown cars and snipers, but in another game I invested too much on camo I can't have enough G43 against his Guards spam afterward, 2 T34/85 just mob up everything

- a fast Pak, he just turbo mode this clown cars and WTF own the Pak

- 3 pio, elite PG spam? no it is just giving the win to him right away

- 3 Assgren T2? same

- Early two Ostheer snipers, it may hurt some cons, but they just can't snipe shit on clown cars, and got instantly owned

- AC spam, totally not an option because he just screen his cars with cons until Guards come in

- He likes to use garrison god mode, but my build combination is usually lag of a mortar and I can't really squeeze one out, Ostheer are totally shit versus garrison

This is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to counter than typical snipers/guards or single clown car, I still can't find out the solution.
8 Mar 2014, 20:50 PM

If I see M3A1 or Snipers early I go 4 units into T2 Scout Car with Upgun. Usually that can bag the car. If it comes later it's harder to deal with but mortars and mortar tracks can help.

All in all, I think snipers in cars need to be nerfed.
8 Mar 2014, 21:48 PM

they shouldnt be able to hit you when the scout car is moving thats impossible haha
9 Mar 2014, 00:48 AM

Cpt Molo is indeed always fun to play!! ;)

I tried to sweet talk him, nada. Stoffa spreading lies! I've had some luck with the new commander, play conservative at the beginning and then surprised him with two flamer halftracks. Sit on the cutoff and just reinforce with some MG's/bunkers.

Mvgame as the coh expertsss would say.

9 Mar 2014, 03:20 AM

Yep HT's seem to be the way forward and help you try and hold as much field presence as possible.

G43's for when you have a pak out to deal with the SC's.

The main issue really is that snipers counter Paks and PGrens, which you really need to support your T3 armour (T4 can be very risky) to deal with the T34/85's, which will just annihilate your vehicles with mark target.

In short there is no easy counter. I've had some success with holding out to get the Tiger Ace - it's speed and target weakpoint are very useful VS T34/85's.

North Langers is especially a bitch against this strat, don't think I've won a game against any half decent opponent on it
9 Mar 2014, 04:26 AM

If I see M3A1 or Snipers early I go 4 units into T2 Scout Car with Upgun. Usually that can bag the car. If it comes later it's harder to deal with but mortars and mortar tracks can help.

All in all, I think snipers in cars need to be nerfed.

Seriously. Either relic makes it impossible for snipers to enter the truck, or Sniper miss 2/3 shots when in it.

It's not even skilled playing, just sly playing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS