Login

russian armor

How to further improve coh2

8 Mar 2014, 01:03 AM

Its good to see that coh2 is improving, overall the game is much better than it was a few months ago. I still think a few small changes would take it from a good game to a great game.

Damage/crit system: main mode of kills should be steady damage not crits, right now its crits with damage in the background but should be damage with a small number of crits

damage should be steady enough that players should know who is going to win what batter based on cover, range not due to random luck

Molatovs: This is just a terrible idea, they need to change the way these do damage to make them more of a cover denail and not as a fight winner – its just a I win button for any inf engagement.

There is a silly mechanic where suppressed cons throw these and retreat doing more damage and making a mg team reteat even though the cons over extended and "lost" the fight - why reward bad play?

COns already have oohrah for flanking why give them a no brainer upgrade that costs next to nothing which almost always wins the fight for them - this dilutes so many infantry tactics and engagement, at least the rifle nade needs the right situation for it to be applicable molatovs are spammed all game every game

Tank combat – this needs a bit of a rethink, there needs to be more variable in vehicle combat to make it more interesting.. this mean to me different penetrations at different ranges, different armour on side and back and chances for turret, engine damage via combat ( like vcoh) the more layers of detail the better

8 Mar 2014, 01:20 AM

1. Get rid of random RNG to immobilize from 1 faust/nade/ram.

2. Remove RNG engine/weapon crits from regular shots from AT guns/tanks.

3. Make Stug E worth a shit.

4. Remove snipers garrisoning cars.

5. Fix camo so the one guy not in cover doesn't reveal the whole squad (AT guns, MG with upgrade, etc.)

6. Make tank traps worth a shit.

I would also mention useless veteran abilities but there's a thread on that already.
8 Mar 2014, 01:26 AM

1. Get rid of random RNG to immobilize from 1 faust/nade/ram.

2. Remove RNG engine/weapon crits from regular shots from AT guns/tanks.

3. Make Stug E worth a shit.

4. Remove snipers garrisoning cars.

5. Fix camo so the one guy not in cover doesn't reveal the whole squad (AT guns, MG with upgrade, etc.)

6. Make tank traps worth a shit.

I would also mention useless veteran abilities but there's a thread on that already.

I agree with you, Im just trying to come up with overall small changes that improve every single game played out there, im seeing the same stuff happening and its never ceases to annoy me.

A few small changes would make a huge difference and I think even some of the old school coh players would come back if these changes were made
8 Mar 2014, 01:31 AM

i agree with this post 100%. cons and Molotovs are op and redicious.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 8 Mar 2014, 04:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

some of these things are in the works, thanks for the feedback everyone :)
8 Mar 2014, 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

some of these things are in the works, thanks for the feedback everyone :)

I hope its not the Molotovs are OP :P

1-Damage/crit system: damage should be steady enough that players should know who is going to win what batter based on cover, range not due to random luck

2-Molatovs:...

There is a silly mechanic where suppressed cons throw these and retreat doing more damage and making a mg team reteat even though the cons over extended and "lost" the fight - why reward bad play?

3- COns...

4- Tank combat – this mean to me different penetrations at different ranges, different armour on side and back and chances for turret, engine damage via combat ( like vcoh) the more layers of detail the better

1- That only applies to vehicles. (Something like 80% dead crit, 10% engine damage, 10% abandoned). Numbers may difer.

A) Flame weapons rely on crits, this could be tone down. Something like increasing DOT but reducing the crit %.

2- Move your MG. Everytime you are molied you dont need to retreat. Just back up.

B) Only thing i would notice is that mg crew should move a bit faster to recrew the mg. A dead crit on the mg gunner derivates into awful situations (any unit getting allmighty RNG accuracy killing the gunner and being able to rush from the front its annoying). A dead crit on the gunner while being on fired is a dead mg.

3- I would love to see how people would react if Faust and Rifle nades werent unlocked by default.

4- C) +1. Love to see side armor and making rear armor REALLY weak (specially on the Tiger). If engine damage from normal shots could be more frequent and only happen when shooting the rear dat would be great.

I know its gonna be tempting attacking OP with L2P, but just focus on what i said and what i think OP wants (ABC)

My 2cents of what needs to get improved: retweaking the old/vanilla commanders.
PD: i dont think tanktraps would hurt if they were not doctrinal and with higher HP
8 Mar 2014, 05:14 AM

- Agreed there is too much RNG. Don't know how they can fix it though.

- Molotovs are not op, stahp. It takes a watchful eye on all engagements with conscrips but sure enough if you are sharp enough you can dodge all molotovs. More often than not, if you suppress a con squad charging at you, you actually have time to pack up and move back a bit and set up again, chances are they are still pinned slowly crawling and won't be in range to throw it and eventually get pinned.

- Indifferent about how tank battles are, I believe penetration being affected by range is actually being looked at. If I had one complaint, again the RNG at times is just laughable.

8 Mar 2014, 05:50 AM

If they can't space out Ostheer squads more, they need to somehow nerf AOE and crits. Example: I ran a Pgren through a molotov, it lost a guy, then was fighting a 3-man PPSH. Somehow the PPSH were doing an insane amount of damage, and only 2 seconds passed (I timed it watching the replay) before they were down to 1 guy, and at that point I retreated, and they of course died on retreat.

What I would really like to see, to make the manpower bleed a tad less, is 5 man Grenadier and Pgren squads with less health and damage. Just anything to reduce the AOE damage and crits. I like the 4 man squads, it feels right, it's in the grenadier tradition of vCOH, but the damage system just doesn't affect Axis the way it does Soviets.

What I find most difficult is judging retreats, as others have said, because of the crit system you can suddenly find yourself late on a retreat, and this is much more of an issue with Ostheer.

8 Mar 2014, 08:28 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- LMG42. PPSH is not doctrinal and is very tardy and was 3CP, even if you choose the right commander. The lmg42 going to rape all units.
- Bunkers, early in the game, remove this complicated.
- The difference over tanks no doctrinal between the two factions is abysmal.
8 Mar 2014, 17:09 PM

If they can't space out Ostheer squads more, they need to somehow nerf AOE and crits. Example: I ran a Pgren through a molotov, it lost a guy, then was fighting a 3-man PPSH. Somehow the PPSH were doing an insane amount of damage, and only 2 seconds passed (I timed it watching the replay) before they were down to 1 guy, and at that point I retreated, and they of course died on retreat.

What I would really like to see, to make the manpower bleed a tad less, is 5 man Grenadier and Pgren squads with less health and damage. Just anything to reduce the AOE damage and crits. I like the 4 man squads, it feels right, it's in the grenadier tradition of vCOH, but the damage system just doesn't affect Axis the way it does Soviets.

What I find most difficult is judging retreats, as others have said, because of the crit system you can suddenly find yourself late on a retreat, and this is much more of an issue with Ostheer.

+1
8 Mar 2014, 17:41 PM

make tanks more consistent vs infantry, sometimes t-34/76 will shoot and shoot,and hit nothing. sometimes will kill 2 guys in 1 hit three times in a row.
8 Mar 2014, 17:43 PM
Benefactor 115

people still think there are crits in small arms combat? D:
8 Mar 2014, 18:51 PM

I think most of use the two meanings interchangeably, ie. 1) engine critical or flame critical and 2) a sudden burst of damage that kills a squad member or multiple squad members instantly.

8 Mar 2014, 19:58 PM

Probably the same people who think there is side armor.
8 Mar 2014, 20:33 PM

Why not? I tried once, my Gren and his Engi engage, both in green cover, 10 secs later, 2 Gren models dead, no Engi hurt.

If it is not crit, WTF is that?
8 Mar 2014, 20:38 PM
Benefactor 115

That's called unlucky. Infantry don't die instantly to one bullet hit.
8 Mar 2014, 21:06 PM

Why not? I tried once, my Gren and his Engi engage, both in green cover, 10 secs later, 2 Gren models dead, no Engi hurt.

If it is not crit, WTF is that?

Its called RNG.

Probability is rather extremely low, but still can happen.
8 Mar 2014, 21:15 PM

Its called RNG.

Probability is rather extremely low, but still can happen.

CoH2 community at its finest, we run around in circles over 5 posts over something we understand what is being implied yet have to correct each other over the correct buzz word. #justneckbeardthings

Also, completely redesign elite troops veterancy granting or remove it while you are at the patching, thanks relic.
8 Mar 2014, 21:47 PM
Donator 11

please don't change molotovs, they are fine, you can easily guess and see when your opponent will throw one.

2- Move your MG. Everytime you are molied you dont need to retreat. Just back up.

My biggest complaint are the Ostheer squad wipes by an IS-2, ISU, KV-2 etc...
8 Mar 2014, 21:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

CoH2 community at its finest, we run around in circles over 5 posts over something we understand what is being implied yet have to correct each other over the correct buzz word. #justneckbeardthings

Also, completely redesign elite troops veterancy granting or remove it while you are at the patching, thanks relic.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★