Login

russian armor

Few Questions regarding Tanks (and other things)

6 Mar 2014, 12:32 PM

1. is it worth to build stugs? or wait for panzer 4? and how do they compare to the panzer 4?
2. waths better: spam panzer 4 or build a few panther?
3. how to counter t34 spam? last game the enemy had 7 t34 and i couldnt do anything cause he just rammed my tanks and then his other t34 killed my tanks (good strategy)
4. any tipps for artillery? i suck with it but want to get good with it cause i love arty.
5. theres no number 5
6. I ONLY PLAY 4vs4!
7. any tips for the 4vs4 maps?
8. tiger or panther?
9. do you have any other tips for me?

i know that are many questions but im a noob and want to be better. sry for my crap english im german.
6 Mar 2014, 14:41 PM

1. Stug has better penetration and range so they are better against tanks, but Pz4 cannot be flanked, better armor and more hp.
2. It depends. If you spam Pz4 you must be sure you will push soviets very deep. If you do, wait for a Tiger. I used to play this way for a very long time. Once I even killed 146 units by 1 Pz4 so they can be very effecvite.
3. Plant mines, get vet 1 to escape from ram, always keep Pak40 or Pgrens with schrecks close to Pz4/Stug/whatever to make sure t34 wont reach your tank. I mean you have to destroy it before. You can also hide behind buildings, and never stand in front of t34.
4. Keep engi close, put mines around, kill mortars.
5. No answer.
6. So... ?
7. Hmmm from 4v4 make 2 games 2v2. I mean, leave useless point and focus on main points.
8. It depends. I used to use Pz 4 (2-3) and wait for Tiger. Now I use Panther cause I can call for Brrumbar as well, which is very effective against inf spam.
9. You need to find your own strategy which suits you best.
6 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

1. wath brings better penetration? more damage? because under penetration i understand that it has a better chance to do damage to the vehicle. and i never have problems to penetrate tanks with my panzer 4. would be good if you could tell me wath better penetration brings.
7. dont really understand wath you mean...
wath would be the best combo (how many panzer 4,stug,panther,tiger,brumbär) to attack the enemy base? i always used 4 panthers and depending on the enemy one brumbar but always fail to destroy more then one bases.
6 Mar 2014, 16:30 PM

I meant that at the beggining you need to stay together.
There cannot be situation when 1 of you is facing 2 of them. For example, City 4v4, 2 go left for fuel, 2 go right for fuel and from 4v4 it becames 1 game 2v2 in the left, and 1 game 2v2 on the right.

Atm I use Panther, Brrumbar, Panther (in that order).
Panther has less hp than a Tiger and worse armor so destroying base is little more difficult because you need to escape from there (if there is any resistance) faster, before you destroy everything.

Stug can be use very effective in late game because of (idk how that ability is named in english) ability to stun russians vehi. You dont need to go close with gren and use pfaust. Just shoot from far distance with stug and you have few sec when russians tank cannont do anything.
Pak 40/43/Brrumbar/Elefant have the same ability but I guess Stug is the best option to use it.
6 Mar 2014, 16:45 PM

and wath is with the penetration? wath brings a higher penetration?
7 Mar 2014, 08:14 AM

and wath is with the penetration? wath brings a higher penetration?

Penetration is the chance for a shell to do full damage to a tank based on the targets armor. You might notice some times when T34s shoot your tanks the shells only do about half damage. That is because the T34 does not have a very high penetration rate compared to P4 armor.
For Panzer and STUG vs T34 the penetration it's not a big deal since T34s have low armor, but STUGs can do more damage to heavy armor like KVs and IS2s, since they have higher penetration they have a better chance to get through the thicker armor.

But in 4v4s I would recommend P4s almost always, just because with so many tanks its easier for them to get flanked. Unless your teammates are going heavy tanks and you're sure you can keep your STUGs from being overwhelmed go P4. Once vetted Target Weak Point (the stun ability) is incredible against Soviet tanks of all types.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS