Login

russian armor

"Unable to connect to Relic servers"

3 Mar 2014, 15:38 PM

This is the second time I have gotten this message in the past week. My internet it running smoothly, my firewall settings have not changed (I've even turned it off to test), I've restarted my comp, other multiplayer games work; I've done everything to try to figure this out.

For some reason, in the morning I can't play coh2 online, then it mysteriously fixes itself hours later when I try to connect again. I asked some friends to launch coh2 and tell me if they had the same problem. One or two of them had it, but most could play just fine.

What's goin' on here? Who else has this issue? I'm in New York, if that means anything.
3 Mar 2014, 16:39 PM
Patrion 15

I had the same issue a few days ago. All of my clan mates were in game playing matches and I couldn't connect. The only thing that worked for me was manually uninstalling the game and re installing it. I don't know if it was a coincidence that when I went to play the game I could connect again or not. Also, while I had the issue of not being able to connect, I tried playing a TOV game for shits n grins, and my CPU allies units wouldn't move. They would call in new units and just sit at the edge of the map, unresponsive.

I started a thread on the COH forums, you might post there to give relic some feedback.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/company-of-heroes-2-bug-reporting/28366-cannot-connect-to-relic-servers
3 Mar 2014, 20:42 PM

Thanks for linking that thread. I'm happy that I'm not the only one.
7 Mar 2014, 21:07 PM
Patrion 15

Hey drunkin I think I figured out our issue. Maybe its just coincidence again, but opening up local port "443" in your windows firewall settings allowed me to connect again. Here is a link on what to do: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-add-Port-443-to-the-Windows-Firewall-in-Windows-7
9 Mar 2014, 16:04 PM

This solution didn't work for me. but this did:
It was my modem's firewall. I went to my modem settings (by putting my ip address into my internet brower, get your ip by using ipconfig in the command prompt). I had to uncheck firewall protection and port scan detection. After I took those two things off, everything works 100%.
10 Mar 2014, 01:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

you have another firewall still up i hope. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment