Login

russian armor

IS2 are you kidding me?

PAGES (8)down
19 Mar 2014, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 07:15 AMSorban
The heading says it all. IS2 are you kidding me?

The tank is so expensive! The time between the shot’s is so long. It often misses complete. Btw I never had a squad wipe with this tank since the last patch. But more often it simply misses everything. Worst thing a single panther can handle it. The cheaper Tiger also.

IS2 are you kidding me?

Learn to use a tank <444>_<444>
19 Mar 2014, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 07:15 AMSorban
The heading says it all. IS2 are you kidding me?

The tank is so expensive! The time between the shot’s is so long. It often misses complete. Btw I never had a squad wipe with this tank since the last patch. But more often it simply misses everything. Worst thing a single panther can handle it. The cheaper Tiger also.

IS2 are you kidding me?

Exactly. I would see issue with it IF it was say cheaper than a Tiger (which we all know its not)

It goes down so quick to Pak fire its stupid. Hell if there is a Pak 43 on the field thats three shots and a dead IS2. Not like its like the Panther (that has the same HPs) and can just warp out of danger.

The problem is the Doctrine not the IS2. The IS2 is just icing on the cake. Using that strat just means the Soviet player doesnt have to pay for tech and thats the biggest advantage. Constanly pumping out units and having a counter ready for Osts counters (Pgren Blob via the KV8 and Tiger via the IS2)
19 Mar 2014, 13:29 PM

So the IS-2 came in the 22nd minute,killed two squads(which were not retreated btw) and got destroyed in 6 minutes...OP indeed
Was more impressed by the Brummbar though,50 kills? :D
19 Mar 2014, 13:35 PM

So the IS-2 came in the 22nd minute,killed two squads(which were not retreated btw) and got destroyed in 6 minutes...OP indeed
Was more impressed by the Brummbar though,50 kills? :D

Yeah, I said he did play like shit, but it will be much more deadly in experienced hand.
19 Mar 2014, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

Sorry, didn't take the time to read everything that's been said but I do agree that the IS-2 squad wipe needs to be toned down.

Like I said in previous posts, I hate anything that can fully wipe a squad because one of the most important mechanic in the game is unit preservation. So when you have something that can wipe a full healthy squad, it totally defeats the purpose of the game.

IS-2, ISU and KV-8 imo needs to be slightly adjusted so they do not completely wipe out squads so quickly.
19 Mar 2014, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 04:31 AMPorygon
The latest cast of ImperialDane just showing how powerful and easy is that bitch doctrine and strategy.

snip

I DONT think this QUITE illustrates your point. What I learned or was reinforced watching this video is how PISS POOR the IS2 is as a front line tank. How easily a Panther brings it down to near death (think about the time it takes an SU85 to take a Panther down in health)

How the IS2 HAS to have AT guns to back it up.

How HARD it is to kill a Tiger even with 3 Vetted Zis.

How much BETTER a Stupa (SturmPanzer4 Brummbar) is at killing infantry than the IS2 (due to its higher ROF not its ability to one hit squads)

And how the KV8 is the best thing in the Soviet arsenal.
19 Mar 2014, 14:42 PM

I DONT think this QUITE illustrates your point. What I learned or was reinforced watching this video is how PISS POOR the IS2 is as a front line tank. How easily a Panther brings it down to near death (think about the time it takes an SU85 to take a Panther down in health)

How the IS2 HAS to have AT guns to back it up.

How HARD it is to kill a Tiger even with 3 Vetted Zis.

How much BETTER a Stupa (SturmPanzer4 Brummbar) is at killing infantry than the IS2 (due to its higher ROF not its ability to one hit squads)

And how the KV8 is the best thing in the Soviet arsenal.

Brummbar killing Inf better than IS2? no shit dude
That thing reached 50 kill count only because of the time it survived.
See how many times Brummbar take a shot to a cons, only 1-2 men dead?
But IS2 averagely, if you right it right, stop before it fire, should kill 3 dudes or even squad wipe.

He did use the IS2 in a wrong way, it is not used to deal with Panther or Tiger, but totally rape anything lower than T4

IS2 is like Pershing, but even pwn harder than Pershing, is used to WTFpwn Inf and medium tank, not a head on unit against heavy tanks.
19 Mar 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 14:42 PMPorygon

is used to WTFpwn Inf and medium tank, not a head on unit against heavy tanks.

That sums up why I've stopped using it. I can use 2 SU85's that have the ability to scale and flank rather than a solo, more expensive, worse, king tiger. The IS2 is a swiss army knife, it does nothing overly well. It needs a price reduction in its current role or the role needs to be moved more to A/T and the price kept the same.
19 Mar 2014, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 14:46 PMNapalm

That sums up why I've stopped using it. I can use 2 SU85's that have the ability to scale and flank rather than a solo, more expensive, worse, king tiger. The IS2 is a swiss army knife, it does nothing overly well. It needs a price reduction in its current role or the role needs to be moved more to A/T and the price kept the same.

Nah, this call in super tank (IS2 & Tiger) is that expensive because the best way getting them, is neglecting your tech. If you tech and still getting them, you may think it suck. Decreasing its cost will break the game instantly, because you can survive whole game without tech, using the only fuel for the IS2.
19 Mar 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 14:42 PMPorygon

Brummbar killing Inf better than IS2? no shit dude
That thing reached 50 kill count only because of the time it survived.
See how many times Brummbar take a shot to a cons, only 1-2 men dead?
But IS2 averagely, if you right it right, stop before it fire, should kill 3 dudes or even squad wipe.

He did use the IS2 in a wrong way, it is not used to deal with Panther or Tiger, but totally rape anything lower than T4

IS2 is like Pershing, but even pwn harder than Pershing, is used to WTFpwn Inf and medium tank, not a head on unit against heavy tanks.

It doesnt WTFPWN inf. It can get some lucky squad whipes. KV8 WTF pwns infantry. If allowed to sit there the Brummbar can achieve the same results much cheaper with its higher ROF. That was a beast in the hands of the German player and used properly.

The IS2 killing P4s with great AI can be achieved with Two T34/85s for less resources. Not the front loaded one hit kill but the kills over all.

The IS2 IS a heavy tank. It walks like a heavy tanks, talks like a heavy tanks but gets pwned like a medium tank.

Like Napalm noted a Jack of All trades and master of none. Hardly worth more than a Tiger IMHO.

Edit: And getting rid of one hit kills I am all for. Just give it 1280 HPs and reduce its AOE. Problem solved. It can now afford to sit there and fire more than one shot with its stupidly slow reload.
19 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

It doesnt WTFPWN inf. It can get some lucky squad whipes. KV8 WTF pwns infantry. If allowed to sit there the Brummbar can achieve the same results much cheaper with its higher ROF. That was a beast in the hands of the German player and used properly.

The IS2 killing P4s with great AI can be achieved with Two T34/85s for less resources. Not the front loaded one hit kill but the kills over all.

The IS2 IS a heavy tank. It walks like a heavy tanks, talks like a heavy tanks but gets pwned like a medium tank.

Like Napalm noted a Jack of All trades and master of none. Hardly worth more than a Tiger IMHO.

Edit: And getting rid of one hit kills I am all for. Just give it 1280 HPs and reduce its AOE. Problem solved. It can now afford to sit there and fire more than one shot with its stupidly slow reload.

I say it again, if your IS2 don't squad wipe and get pwned like medium tank, it is your fault.

There is almost no scatter with IS2 (while it is stopped), and the AOE totally able to one shot a full health squad or a Pak40. But Brummbar, the scatter is damn too high (even it stopped), and the AOE is small like hell.

For me, Brummbar is overpriced and under performed. It is just better to get a werfer and mortar doing a better job.
19 Mar 2014, 16:18 PM

Agreed, slight adjustments are needed. Nearly automatic squad wipes shouldn't happen in this game.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 13:54 PMZ3r07
Sorry, didn't take the time to read everything that's been said but I do agree that the IS-2 squad wipe needs to be toned down.

Like I said in previous posts, I hate anything that can fully wipe a squad because one of the most important mechanic in the game is unit preservation. So when you have something that can wipe a full healthy squad, it totally defeats the purpose of the game.

IS-2, ISU and KV-8 imo needs to be slightly adjusted so they do not completely wipe out squads so quickly.
19 Mar 2014, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 16:16 PMPorygon

I say it again, if your IS2 don't squad wipe and get pwned like medium tank, it is your fault.

There is almost no scatter with IS2 (while it is stopped), and the AOE totally able to one shot a full health squad or a Pak40. But Brummbar, the scatter is damn too high (even it stopped), and the AOE is small like hell.

For me, Brummbar is overpriced and under performed. It is just better to get a werfer and mortar doing a better job.

God, I haven't seen that much ignorance in ages.

Brummbar got scatter value of ONE. Its moving scatter is TWO. It is single most accurate vehicle in game, you can blame bad luck RNG if you do not kill anything with a shot.

IS-2 got better AoE(mainly because of better initial damage), but larger scatter.
19 Mar 2014, 16:38 PM

Kaitof.. Do you play Germans? The Brummbar is awful. I have never, EVER, EVER seen it squad wipe a Soviet squad. Actually most of the time it kills 1-2 models. Its turretless so can be circle strafed by t384s or t34/85s. And it takes FOREVER to vet the damn thing. It is not viable in a 1v1 game where the opponents are evenly matched. Your better off getting a wurfer then a Panther. Wurfer squad wipes like crazy and gets vetted pretty quickly.

As for the Is2, I think its fine the way it is. Its not so much its squad wipe ability then it is the stupid German AI infantry bunching up when approaching it.
19 Mar 2014, 16:38 PM

i lost pg squad nerf plz
19 Mar 2014, 16:49 PM

Kaitof.. Do you play Germans? The Brummbar is awful. I have never, EVER, EVER seen it squad wipe a Soviet squad. Actually most of the time it kills 1-2 models. Its turretless so can be circle strafed by t384s or t34/85s. And it takes FOREVER to vet the damn thing. It is not viable in a 1v1 game where the opponents are evenly matched. Your better off getting a wurfer then a Panther. Wurfer squad wipes like crazy and gets vetted pretty quickly.

As for the Is2, I think its fine the way it is. Its not so much its squad wipe ability then it is the stupid German AI infantry bunching up when approaching it.

Yes I do, and if you base brummbars performance on squad wipe potential, then you're up for a disappointment, it will not wipe anything unless squad is bunched up(however it will from time to time), but it will almost always get at least 2 kills with every shot due to perfect accuracy.

Being turretless have nothing to do with anything, because if you went for T4, you should already have heavy T2 AT backup on the field.

And about not being 1v1 viable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhCnJHRvIo&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

If that is not being viable against skilled opponent, then nothing will please you.
19 Mar 2014, 16:58 PM

I am sorry but 1-2 replay's will not convince me otherwise (its still not a viable strategy). There are much better options than the Brummbar. And it being turretless is its main weakness, so its actually a pretty strong point that is not to be ignored. Its "perfect" accuracy is an incredible overstatement, I've seen it miss, you have seen it miss, so no... Its not perfect..

Judging from previous post you seen pretty dead set on defending the soviets without ever giving the Germans the benefit of the doubt. Maybe start viewing from both sides and then formulate a conclusion.
19 Mar 2014, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 16:49 PMKatitof

Yes I do, and if you base brummbars performance on squad wipe potential, then you're up for a disappointment, it will not wipe anything unless squad is bunched up(however it will from time to time), but it will almost always get at least 2 kills with every shot due to perfect accuracy.

Being turretless have nothing to do with anything, because if you went for T4, you should already have heavy T2 AT backup on the field.

And about not being 1v1 viable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhCnJHRvIo&list=UUyUcNdOxXcVt3o9eZKdza9w

If that is not being viable against skilled opponent, then nothing will please you.

That replay he can safety play T4 and even Brummbar because he own 75% of the map in the whole game <444>_<444>

And that Soviet player hardly showing any skill, T2 start with a mortar first is a joke, in that map consspam is already an iWin button, but he gave up map dominance by getting a useless mortar.... I showed that game as an example, despite the Soviet play like shit, KV8 and IS2 keep saving their noob ass.
19 Mar 2014, 17:49 PM

The main factor i see here is infantry clumping and ai targeting. With my IS-2, i always aim at the most clumped squads, because most likely ill one shot them. Sometimes my IS-2 aims at the odd guy sticking out and he only dies. Same for brummbar. Brummbar usually only kills 1-2 models because its targetting sucks and it aims at the soviets at the sides, and they often spread out in a line so they dont often clump. To solve this issue i tell it where to aim and then i see better results.
19 Mar 2014, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 17:20 PMPorygon

IS2 keep saving their noob ass.

IS2 did nothing in the map but get its ass handed to it by a Panther and Brummbar. The KV8 did all the heavy lifting. This being a thread about the IS2 and evidently how OP this very expensive AI Panther is.

I am sure with your German colored glasses you can find a better replay showing how OP the IS2 is. That replay is most certainly not it.

I have seen good use of the IS2 and I have used it alot. I stand by my opinion that there are tools better suited to do what the IS2 does and cheaper.

For example a KV8 backing up an SU85 will do MUCH better than an IS2.

If the IS2 was so damn OP and the best unit out there and this HUGE problem (like the Tiger Ace was) then why isnt it prevelant everywhere? Like PPSH Con Spam? Like Elite Forces?

Because its not OP thats why. Its a decent Generalist tank. That can so some amazing things some times. But over all is too pricey.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 68
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak