Login

russian armor

IS2 are you kidding me?

PAGES (8)down
2 Mar 2014, 14:07 PM

IS2 callin is most likely the end for german infantry. One shot whipes out 2-3 guys. The thing is: the germans got 4 men in 1 Squad. First shot: Pgrens retreat. And if you want to carry on... second shot destroys your squad and the enemy shock troops takes your panzershreck which they'll never drop because of their armor and six men.

The armor of the IS2 allows the player to stay alive during a lot of shots from the german medium-tanks and even from the Panther. And this does not even include the ridiculous amount of bouncing shots from the german HUNTING-tanks.

The high amount of resources justify its strenght in armor fight and i am all right with this. I mean it costs a lot more than a Panther, so it is okay.

What does annoy me is the one-shoting of the infantry. There is enough soviet infantry dominance. For example the superburst of the "Flamethrowertank" or the expensive but potent shock troops. But in combination with ISU152 or the more "in-the-middle-of-everything"-tank IS2 the german infantry and also the Pak40 (you have to kill just 3 guys there) your infantry suffers as many losses as you cannot replace. I do not ask for a remove. I just think relic should overthink the high amount of infantry-killer-units the soviets have from their commanders. (One soviet commander got shocks, Flametank and IS2 in combination with fire-artillery and the invisibility of their fieldguns for the AT-part of the commander)

Just optimize the unitstrenghts so we can see a bit less praying for your squads to not get whiped out after 2 shots.

Thanks
2 Mar 2014, 14:11 PM

IS2 callin is most likely the end for german infantry. One shot whipes out 2-3 guys. The thing is: the germans got 4 men in 1 Squad. First shot: Pgrens retreat. And if you want to carry on... second shot destroys your squad and the enemy shock troops takes your panzershreck which they'll never drop because of their armor and six men.

The armor of the IS2 allows the player to stay alive during a lot of shots from the german medium-tanks and even from the Panther. And this does not even include the ridiculous amount of bouncing shots from the german HUNTING-tanks.

The high amount of resources justify its strenght in armor fight and i am all right with this. I mean it costs a lot more than a Panther, so it is okay.

What does annoy me is the one-shoting of the infantry. There is enough soviet infantry dominance. For example the superburst of the "Flamethrowertank" or the expensive but potent shock troops. But in combination with ISU152 or the more "in-the-middle-of-everything"-tank IS2 the german infantry and also the Pak40 (you have to kill just 3 guys there) your infantry suffers as many losses as you cannot replace. I do not ask for a remove. I just think relic should overthink the high amount of infantry-killer-units the soviets have from their commanders. (One soviet commander got shocks, Flametank and IS2 in combination with fire-artillery and the invisibility of their fieldguns for the AT-part)

Just optimize the unitstrenghts so we can see a bit less praying for your squads to not get whiped out immediately.

Thanks

I kinda failed with the edit I think, so this is the correct text. I am sorry.
2 Mar 2014, 14:26 PM

One shot whipes out 2-3 guys.

Just optimize the unitstrenghts so we can see a bit less praying for your squads to not get whiped out after 2 shots.

Thanks

You are wrong, it is one shot one squad wipe, even happens in retreating squad. If any squad survive that shell is just the blessing of RNG God. Like the old IL-2, but the Soviet fans would just say, OMFG, THAT TANK IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN TIGER BUT CAN'T WIN THE CAT, IT IS FINE.

Just get elite doctrine and vet yourself a big vetted StuG / Pak40 wall, then laugh at the steel coffin IS2 by shooting target weak point again and again.
2 Mar 2014, 14:36 PM

You are wrong, it is one shot one squad wipe, even happens in retreating squad. If any squad survive that shell is just the blessing of RNG God. Like the old IL-2, but the Soviet fans would just say, OMFG, THAT TANK IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN TIGER BUT CAN'T WIN THE CAT, IT IS FINE.

Just get elite doctrine and vet yourself a big vetted StuG / Pak40 wall, then laugh at the steel coffin IS2 by shooting target weak point again and again.

Well it IS more expensive then a tiger, but loses to it. What do you think it should get for that extra cost? Nothing?
2 Mar 2014, 14:51 PM

IS-2 and ISU-152 have way too fast reload times. For their squad wipe potential it´s ridiculous that they can shoot every 10 seconds AND get a reload time buff with veterancy. They already shoot 6 times faster than the real vehicle.

Even Paks aren´t a counter to them, as they will get oneshot. StuGs will get killed with two shots while not really being able to use their superior range like the Su-85, because they can´t spot for themselves.

Your only hope to beat an IS-2 is actually getting a Panther, but that´s in a vacuum. Usually the combination of Zis + IS-2 is better than Panther + Pak, because of the short life of everything that´s not armored versus an IS-2.

Also I don´t get why StuGs and Paks bounce so often from the IS-2. Yes it had good frontal armor, but so did the Panther. Yet all I see is penetrations on the Panthers front by 85mm guns.
2 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM

IS-2 and ISU-152 have way too fast reload times. For their squad wipe potential it´s ridiculous that they can shoot every 10 seconds AND get a reload time buff with veterancy. They already shoot 6 times faster than the real vehicle.

Even Paks aren´t a counter to them, as they will get oneshot. StuGs will get killed with two shots while not really being able to use their superior range like the Su-85, because they can´t spot for themselves.

Your only hope to beat an IS-2 is actually getting a Panther, but that´s in a vacuum. Usually the combination of Zis + IS-2 is better than Panther + Pak, because of the short life of everything that´s not armored versus an IS-2.

Also I don´t get why StuGs and Paks bounce so often from the IS-2. Yes it had good frontal armor, but so did the Panther. Yet all I see is penetrations on the Panthers front by 85mm guns.

10 seconds are long for you, eh? This is a game, no one will wait half a minute for a "tank" to reload.
2 Mar 2014, 16:01 PM

10 seconds are long for you, eh? This is a game, no one will wait half a minute for a "tank" to reload.
10 secs for a squad wipe is in fact short.
2 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM

Elefant can 4-shot an IS2 (tested 100%).

Dont go face to face against an IS2, attack him in range with pak43 or elef. If you got stun ability on stug/pak40/elef/pak43, it is even easier. But yes, IS2 can wipe german infantry instantly :d
2 Mar 2014, 16:17 PM

IS2 is not even half as scary as ISU-152 in regards to squad wipe potential nether the less it's considered an ultimate Soviet tank almost equal to a Tiger.
I think the real problem here is that German infantry struggles to survive all this direct and indirect fire coming from Soviets late game due to 4 men squad size. Maybe this is something that needs to be look at?
2 Mar 2014, 16:43 PM

Its true , coh2 becomes a tankwar when les heavy tanks roll out
2 Mar 2014, 17:52 PM

Since it's purely by chance, I don't agree with you.
2 Mar 2014, 17:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

that squad ai loves to bunch up right on top of eachother.
2 Mar 2014, 19:57 PM

The squad wipe ability of the IS-2 has been vastly over stated on these forums. Yes, it can happen but very rarely does. If you're talking about already injured squads then that's different but even mortars can wipe them.

Stugs are also a very good unit against the IS-2. More range, great penetration, and target weak point.
2 Mar 2014, 21:14 PM

The squad wipe ability of the IS-2 has been vastly over stated on these forums. Yes, it can happen but very rarely does. If you're talking about already injured squads then that's different but even mortars can wipe them.
Even if the 4 man sqaud is not completely wiped, one shot will on average kill 2-3 members. This means you need to pull back a sqaud after one shot is fired, because usually the second shot will kill the two remaining squad-members. This results in a drastic loss in German infatry presence and/or effectiveness on the field.

Stugs are also a very good unit against the IS-2. More range, great penetration, and target weak point.
StuGs have more range, but not if the IS-2 reaches vet2. Also they can´t make use of their range as good as the SU-85. They don´t spot for themselves.
2 Mar 2014, 21:14 PM

Why do you attack AI tanik with infantry?

Are you going against elephants with SU-85 as well?
2 Mar 2014, 21:16 PM

Why do you attack AI tanik with infantry?

Are you going against elephants with SU-85 as well?
Cool story Mr. "my T-34 can´t kill Panthers".
2 Mar 2014, 21:17 PM

Cool story Mr. "my T-34 can´t kill Panthers".

You're welcome mr "I read only what I want to read, not whats written".
2 Mar 2014, 21:28 PM

Let´s be serious again. I wrote that the only reliable counter to the IS-2 is the Panther/Tiger. A Panzer IV/StuG will get twoshot by it. Paks can be wiped easily too. Avoiding an IS-2 totally with infantry is the worst option. The iS-2 can secure a point totally versus infantry then, or drive around and still get some infantry. Avoiding it is almost impossible if you want to win the game.

I wouldn´t mind a bit of an AT buff it its anti infantry potential was nerfed.
2 Mar 2014, 21:31 PM

If its AI was nerfed, it should get better ROF, which would mean it would reliably kill any other tank now.

I don't think a single soviet player would be against that. Not like anyone gets IS-2 to fight infantry in the first place anyway, but again, as in case of ram and T34/85, I don't see it changing.
2 Mar 2014, 22:18 PM

German armor is OP all around. Absolutely nothing Soviet needs nerfing, period. IS-2 dies just as easily as every other Soviet unit.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS