25 May 2014, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 09:04 AMKatitof
Panzerkatzen!

ha ! X p
25 May 2014, 11:03 AM

26 May 2014, 11:30 AM
Patrion 14

German 6th Army remains in Stalingrad

"In the early 1990s, Walter Seledec of the Austrian Television Network visited Volgagrad/Stalingrad to see where the fifty thousand Austrian members of the destroyed German 6th Army had died and were buried. It is a place where the grass didn't grow for a year after the battle; where run-offs after the winter thaw, for over a year after the battle, were still pink with the blood of the dead.Until 1989, the Stalingrad battlefield and hundreds more World War II battlefields within the Soviet Union had been deemed 'sensitive areas,' closed to foreign visitors. Sedelec was there visiting in 1980-81. He stood where the, '...contours of former trenches and dirt bunkers (are) still recognizable.'Seledec drove an hour across the battlefield to a site near the town of Peschanka. In shock he stopped his car and got out. There he was astounded to see that, '...the balki, the gullies and slopes of the steppes, were littered with sun-bleached bones.'

Walter Seledec described the horror: 'There you are, standing beside an open field, and you are confronted with things you cannot believe, things you have never seen in your life, things you would not think possible in this day and age. There in the open fields, all the way to the horizon, are the skeletons of human beings, just lying there in the open fields. I dont mean a few. There are hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...Human remains lying in the fields. Human skeletons as far as the eye can see.'

The many photographs that Seledec took have preserved the horror for all time. In those photographs, '...(to) the distant horizon...(the) surface is littered with the remains of human skeletons--arms, legs, pelvic bones, skulls, an occasional rib...large piles of bones...fragments, shell cases, and an undetonated projectile; a rusted machine gun; a battered metal container...Skulls...hundreds of them, thousands of them, Just lying around out there in the open fields...Skulls lie in helmets, decayed bones still stand in boots, on the spines hang the identity tags...No cross. No wreath. This unknown soldier never made it into a mass grave. Today, he lies on the steppe outside Volgograd exactly as he fell fifty years ago. His shirt and uniform buttons still lie between his ribs.' Such scenes and media coverage caused a furor in Europe. Documentaries were made of the bone fields and articles were written in every major European magazine and newspaper."
27 May 2014, 10:32 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 08:17 AMafrrs

cat with message

Poor cat :*(
28 May 2014, 05:00 AM
Patrion 14

Berlin 1945

Female Soviet Sniper

Yugoslavia - Kozara: Partisan anti-tank gun during the Sixth enemy offensive in 1944.

Some nice B4 artillery pics.

28 May 2014, 06:26 AM
Patrion 27

God... those B4's are intimidating.
28 May 2014, 21:30 PM

From what I have heard, Soviets especially used women snipers because in nature, women's hand shake less than man. Not sure fun fact for you.
29 May 2014, 10:40 AM

From what I have heard, Soviets especially used women snipers because in nature, women's hand shake less than man. Not sure fun fact for you.

Despite their romantic portrayal in Soviet propaganda, female soldiers faced a multitude of challenges in the male-dominated military and were rarely sent to the frontlines. Once the fittest ladies managed to obtain combat roles on the front lines, it meant manning defensive MG emplacements and Anti-aircraft emplacements or acting as medics.

But quickly the Soviets found that sniper duties fit women well, since good snipers are patient, deliberate, have a high level of aerobic conditioning, and normally avoid hand-to-hand combat and/or close range gunfights. A perfect combat role for women without exposing them directly in the frontline.
29 May 2014, 22:25 PM

Yes Frencho, I was about to say that women make better snipers because they are more patient and cautious.

The best sniper, is one that comes home.

Often prolific male snipers get carried away going for glory or kill counts.
30 May 2014, 09:46 AM

30 May 2014, 15:26 PM
30 May 2014, 15:42 PM

King Tiger:

Jagdtiger:

M36 "Jackson" TD with 90mm gun:

1 Jun 2014, 09:38 AM
Patrion 14

1st Assault Brigade in the reserve of Supreme Command, they were an excellently equipped unit and were used to break through especially well fortified enemy positions.

Apparently bears took also part in ww2!

German Soldiers trying to surrender.

Ridiculously photogenic soviet soldier.

Air raid over moscow.

Liberated children from the Auschwitz concentration camp.

NKL 26

1 Jun 2014, 09:52 AM

describe it.

it was a German Flakvierling 38 anti-aircraft gun mounted on the back of a halftrack vehicle

1 Jun 2014, 11:40 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2014, 09:52 AMcrash

it was a German Flakvierling 38 anti-aircraft gun mounted on the back of a halftrack vehicle

It wasn't banned, somebody probably removed it because the link was flawed :)
I tried to open it myself and I got some error thingy, try and post it again ^^
1 Jun 2014, 13:16 PM

As allways, take with a grain of salt.

Heinroch Severloh (1923 - +2006)was a Soldier stationed in Normandy in 1944 where he earned the unflatering title Beast of Omaha Beach.

As a Machine Gunner stationed in Widerstandsnest 62 ( Resistance Pocket 62 ) some presume that he was responsible for around 2097 killed and 3826 wounded.

Though, these estimated numbers might very well be overblown, Severloh says

"It was definitely at least 1,000 men, most likely more than 2,000. But I do not know how many men I shot. It was awful. Thinking about it makes me want to throw up. I almost emptied an entire infantry landing craft. The sea was red around it and I could hear an American officer shouting hysterically in a loudspeaker."

"There was no glory on the beach that day-just a lot of blood and screams
and good young men dying.
"

"With everyone you kill, you also kill a part of yourself; and that day I killed alot of myself. Far too much."

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=62104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqFGIAidxEE&channel=HistoricalEvents
1 Jun 2014, 15:03 PM

As allways, take with a grain of salt.

Heinroch Severloh (1923 - +2006)was a Soldier stationed in Normandy in 1944 where he earned the unflatering title Beast of Omaha Beach.

As a Machine Gunner stationed in Widerstandsnest 62 ( Resistance Pocket 62 ) some presume that he was responsible for around 2097 killed and 3826 wounded.

Though, these estimated numbers might very well be overblown, Severloh says

"It was definitely at least 1,000 men, most likely more than 2,000. But I do not know how many men I shot. It was awful. Thinking about it makes me want to throw up. I almost emptied an entire infantry landing craft. The sea was red around it and I could hear an American officer shouting hysterically in a loudspeaker."

"There was no glory on the beach that day-just a lot of blood and screams
and good young men dying.
"

"With everyone you kill, you also kill a part of yourself; and that day I killed alot of myself. Far too much."

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=62104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqFGIAidxEE&channel=HistoricalEvents

Guess he did what he needed to :(
3 Jun 2014, 01:36 AM

Panther Tanks disguised as american tank destroyers, as part of Unternehmen Greif / Operation Gryphon.

English Speaking german troops equipped with american and british uniiforms and gear for operating within allied territory to cause chaos.

Kidnap High ranking offiers, switch out road signs, intercept carriers, destroy bridges and telephone poles, mark non existing mine fields, destroy allied fuel deposits etc.

I really hope a "Operation Greif Commander" will make it in, for OKW.

The fate of the german commandos.

PAGES (193)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 644
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W