Login

russian armor

A Simple Suggestion

23 Feb 2014, 18:16 PM

Treating DLC as if you were firebombing Dresden with it isn't always a great idea.

Of course, I wouldn't mind having my wallet raped reminiscent of the Germanic people if some iconic eastern front units were actually added to the game and worth paying for. Not remixes of previous commanders. How about putting all this revenue you're getting from the DLC-inflation and at least making a true Luftwaffe doctrine?

As in, the Flak-88s which the Germans actually HAD to use for a while because they simply didn't have much of a good answer for sloped Russian armor (as much as it hurts me to say). Don't tell me it costs too much money. I don't have to work there to know that during the last 8 months you could have 'scrounged' up enough change to make a working unit.

We know how much you love to get a real feel for the war. But you don't have to fund a world-scale recreation of WWII to get a feel for how Fallschirmjager or Flak-88s work. Believe me, with the asinine amount of DLC there is, you should have made enough money to afford something that a lot of fans would appreciate. How about a re-work of the commanders, this time with a little bit of creativity?

Well, the modders could have really saved this game. You're game has potential. But I know of modders who had a vision that far surpassed what you've accomplished. Then you wouldn't have had to do spend any money at all would you? Even still, now modding is out of the question, because you wouldn't want to lose out on making a quick buck. These are people who were doing equal, if not more amounts, of work than Relic and for free. Maybe you should fire your employees if there are that many people who would do this shit for free? I mean, if you really are all about making money, that would make the most sense. Hmm, something isn't adding up here. As usual with all the excuses.

Remember the sandbag excuse? That the AI couldn't handle it? Probably one of the best jokes I've heard since I first saw Louis C.K.'s stand-up.

Are you going to ever add lobbies by the way? Or will I have to buy the Basic Communications and Game Functions Commander for that?

tl;dr = Give power back to the modders, the people who will make the game the way it was supposed to be made. If you're going to put this much DLC into the next game, just cut the disc up into 50 different fragments and have your customers trade each other for different pieces. That will be extremely fun to watch. "I want the Fallschirmjager fragment!" Then, "Well too bad John! You won't give me the disc part I need for the Tiger tank to actually move!"
23 Feb 2014, 18:27 PM

A storm is coming...

But youre making good points there.
Im not against DLCs as long as they provide new content which is worth its price.
The last commanders were kind of okay...but their price is quite high in relation to what they offer. If Relic created proper new commanders with >new units< (and not just Reskins) and new abilities which do have a significant impact on how you play the game (without being OP) then I'd be fine.

If Relic continues to reuse ToW, Content to push out 4€ commanders that is in my opinion not the right way to go.

Working against the modding community is a real shame too.
23 Feb 2014, 19:14 PM
Patrion 14

You won't get an answer about lobbies. Relic won't comment on them, except to say we ain't using their awesome chat function 'correctly.'
23 Feb 2014, 19:21 PM

You won't get an answer about lobbies. Relic won't comment on them, except to say we ain't using their awesome chat function 'correctly.'

That's rather unfortunate. I miss the Relic from vCoH where issues like this would actually be addressed (or didn't even occur at all). Not sure what changed, probably just that publisher jamming their rod up their behind.

A storm is coming...

But youre making good points there.
Im not against DLCs as long as they provide new content which is worth its price.
The last commanders were kind of okay...but their price is quite high in relation to what they offer. If Relic created proper new commanders with >new units< (and not just Reskins) and new abilities which do have a significant impact on how you play the game (without being OP) then I'd be fine.

If Relic continues to reuse ToW, Content to push out 4€ commanders that is in my opinion not the right way to go.

Working against the modding community is a real shame too.

I completely agree. As full of sarcasm as my post was, this is basically what I was saying.

1. No problem with DLC if it isn't re-hashed, lack-luster bullshit half the time.

2. Maybe they'd have money to make good DLC that a lot of people would appreciate (Fallschirmjager, Flak-88s, etc) if they didn't blow money on number one.

3. Stop screwing over the modding community, something that majority of PC games need.
23 Feb 2014, 22:40 PM

I am still waiting for a doctrine that includes Hummel or Wespe. Alas!
23 Feb 2014, 22:53 PM

New creative DLC = overpowered shit you have to buy.

Not a good approach, people got to stop asking for "creativity" in their DLCs because what we got out of it is Tiger Ace and Soviet Industry.

What Relic needs to do it add more too the factions that doesn't require commanders. In Company of Heroes both sides can build tank traps, bunkers, and sandbags. In Company of Heroes 2 you have to get a commander that builds tank traps which is stupid. What's even worse is that Relic just seem to never want to add anything to the factions at all unless it's in a stupid commander. It's ridiculous.

24 Feb 2014, 01:19 AM

New creative DLC = overpowered shit you have to buy.

Not a good approach, people got to stop asking for "creativity" in their DLCs because what we got out of it is Tiger Ace and Soviet Industry.

What Relic needs to do it add more too the factions that doesn't require commanders. In Company of Heroes both sides can build tank traps, bunkers, and sandbags. In Company of Heroes 2 you have to get a commander that builds tank traps which is stupid. What's even worse is that Relic just seem to never want to add anything to the factions at all unless it's in a stupid commander. It's ridiculous.

I agree. What I was suggesting is that if Relic wants to add more DLC it shouldn't be the same re-hashed garbage over and over. Either new and interesting units and abilities for a new commander, or (like you said) they should make DLC that adds to the game in general, not necessarily a commander.

And yes, it is indeed quite ridiculous that tank traps and sandbags are not in the game. I do not understand why, because Relic won't tell us the actual reason. Their whole bullshit about "the AI being unable to handle it" is pathetic. It's a downright lie and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Or even if it isn't a lie. Let's say they truly are not capable of designing an AI that can handle it (despite vCoH having an AI that could handle it *facepalm*). Why in the flying fuck does that take precedent over the multiplayer community? The tournaments? The competitive scene? Whoever the daft asshole is who thought AI > multiplayer has to be fired.
24 Feb 2014, 02:02 AM

Maybe CoH2 should come with a giant dragon dildo so players could go fuck themselves.
24 Feb 2014, 02:11 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 02:02 AMtengen
Maybe CoH2 should come with a giant dragon dildo so players could go fuck themselves.

quality post
24 Feb 2014, 02:27 AM

Haha, best post I've read on here in a long time.
24 Feb 2014, 06:49 AM

I agree. What I was suggesting is that if Relic wants to add more DLC it shouldn't be the same re-hashed garbage over and over. Either new and interesting units and abilities for a new commander, or (like you said) they should make DLC that adds to the game in general, not necessarily a commander.

And yes, it is indeed quite ridiculous that tank traps and sandbags are not in the game. I do not understand why, because Relic won't tell us the actual reason. Their whole bullshit about "the AI being unable to handle it" is pathetic. It's a downright lie and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Or even if it isn't a lie. Let's say they truly are not capable of designing an AI that can handle it (despite vCoH having an AI that could handle it *facepalm*). Why in the flying fuck does that take precedent over the multiplayer community? The tournaments? The competitive scene? Whoever the daft asshole is who thought AI > multiplayer has to be fired.

What do you mean by rehashed garbage? If you mean, recycled abilities on commanders I have no problem with that, since it's just abilities reorganized to fit the play style you want to play. NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT UNLESS IT'S OP.

Stop talking about DLCs, because I wasn't talking about DLCs, I'm talking about adding new stuff by regular updates, I wasn't talking about getting new stuff by paying for it with or without commanders.

I'm saying this because there is so much less you can do with the factions compared to the first Company of Heroes. Both sides have bunkers, both had demolition units ( demo charge for the Americans, goliath for the Germans ) There is so much missing and so much that needs to be done with the factions. Yet, nothing is going to be added or changed because now Relic decides that any change they are going to make is with new commanders which I believe is the bullshit part. They actually think they are done with the factions so there is going to be no change to these unfinished factions.
24 Feb 2014, 15:26 PM

True words of all.

BTW: I miss some german or soviet paratroopers, too.

Regarding new factions:

What does this map about the pacific region mean? You can see it @ the Sunday Nights Fights interviews. Are they working on a japanese faction? They wouldn´t wallpaper it to learn some thing about history neither to locate Down Under on a globe, would they? Or is it just shown to calm down the community?

If somebody has any ideas, please let me know.

24 Feb 2014, 15:32 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 15:26 PMCasTroy
True words of all.

BTW: I miss some german or soviet paratroopers, too.

Regarding new factions:

What does this map about the pacific region mean? You can see it @ the Sunday Nights Fights interviews. Are they working on a japanese faction? They wouldn´t wallpaper it to learn some thing about history neither to locate Down Under on a globe, would they? Or is it just shown to calm down the community?

It may have just been a simple war map showing the areas of major conflicts (not necessarily related to the game)
24 Feb 2014, 15:53 PM

What do you mean by rehashed garbage? If you mean, recycled abilities on commanders I have no problem with that, since it's just abilities reorganized to fit the play style you want to play. NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT UNLESS IT'S OP.

Stop talking about DLCs, because I wasn't talking about DLCs, I'm talking about adding new stuff by regular updates, I wasn't talking about getting new stuff by paying for it with or without commanders.

I'm saying this because there is so much less you can do with the factions compared to the first Company of Heroes. Both sides have bunkers, both had demolition units ( demo charge for the Americans, goliath for the Germans ) There is so much missing and so much that needs to be done with the factions. Yet, nothing is going to be added or changed because now Relic decides that any change they are going to make is with new commanders which I believe is the bullshit part. They actually think they are done with the factions so there is going to be no change to these unfinished factions.

Thats whats so sad. Take germans in COH2 compared to vCOH: They arent that different, biggest difference being that the ones in vCOH had a lot more options and abilities in the core faction, adding depth and variety. In COH2 they stripped the core factions in order to sell basic abilities like tanktraps and FHQs as DLCs.
24 Feb 2014, 16:15 PM

Well, it certainly should come with a box of tissues.
25 Feb 2014, 00:59 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I completely agree that there aren't enough updates. Now it seems like if Relic wants to add something, they have to make money from it or they won't do it.
25 Feb 2014, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 15:26 PMCasTroy

Regarding new factions:

Inb4 Banzai charges and Kamikaze planes (oh wait, we kind of have those already).

@OP: Yeah, why can't they make Flak-88's and Fallschrimjager despite them being in the first game?
25 Feb 2014, 09:46 AM

Kamikaze planes were only used against ships though..
25 Feb 2014, 15:15 PM

Kamikaze planes were only used against ships though..

And there were only a handfull of t34s ever used for ramming... ^^
25 Feb 2014, 15:43 PM

I was considering coming back to this game.

Glad I read this thread. Looks like none of the problems I complained about 10 months ago have been fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★