Login

russian armor

Pre order CoH2 for $48 USD/CDN

11 Jan 2013, 22:47 PM

just use this coupon code.
GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

http://www.greenmangaming.com

apparently they had a 30% off code earlier.
11 Jan 2013, 22:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hmm where? xD
11 Jan 2013, 22:58 PM

No thanks..I'm going to wait a few months, and get it when its free.
11 Jan 2013, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2013, 22:58 PMKillian

if THQ were still running the show i'd expect more "fire sale" prices.

actually, i highly suspect the THQ brand will be long gone by the time CoH2 comes out.
and with it its reputation for steep discounts early in the product cycle.

therefore, it'll be very interesting to see how long the new owner of the CoH2 franchise chooses to keep it at full price... but to automatically assume they'll follow THQ's stupid low pricing is incorrect.. they might... but i doubt it.

Hmm where? xD

sry mang..
here it is
http://www.greenmangaming.com
11 Jan 2013, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2013, 22:58 PMKillian

ban incoming? :nahnah:
11 Jan 2013, 23:10 PM

I agree, THQ will be long gone by the time COH2 is ready for release, but it won't matter.

Starcraft 2's expansion is due out the same time and will only be $40. There is no way COH2 can compete. Who ever owns it will have to reduce the price to move the product.

Even tho I'm a big C&C fan..starcraft is THE RTS game and it will STEAMroll COH2 into another Humble Bundle.
11 Jan 2013, 23:17 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I hope you really go playing SC2 then.
11 Jan 2013, 23:20 PM

Starcraft has enormous following, I don't think anyone doubts that it will remain, after the expansion, the prime esports game. Starcraft is even fun in its own way, but I find the CoH gameplay far superior. If CoH2 maintains a similarly high standard, I don't see a reason to care about more people playing SC2.
12 Jan 2013, 15:50 PM

I'm afraid it will have a lower standard though, that's why i'm not pre ordering. I'm not feeling any excitement when it comes to COH2, fear for a worse game dominates. I've always been sceptical and towards release i'm being it more and more. For me it's a wait and see.

I wish I didn't have to be all Nancy Negative about it, but yeah.
12 Jan 2013, 19:23 PM

How is CoH even competing with SC? They are on completely different levels. Sales might be affected but it is not like everyone will go "HoTS or CoH2? I cant choose!" I think the fanbases are seperated to a great extent.
12 Jan 2013, 21:10 PM

How is CoH even competing with SC? They are on completely different levels. Sales might be affected but it is not like everyone will go "HoTS or CoH2? I cant choose!" I think the fanbases are seperated to a great extent.

i play both games... and i used to play Starcraft64.

Judging by the number of people on various fan sites and their opinions of both franchises we can say that there is a degree of competition between these titles in north america, western Europe and eastern Europe.
i spent a lot more cash on my SC stuff than my CoH stuff.

Its clear that countries in the far east only play Starcraft though.

People have limited budgets and will only spend so much money on entertainment options so they make decisions that way. To that extent it is a choice.

I made a choice when I elected to spend more money on Starcraft and Starcraft64 than on CoH.
12 Jan 2013, 22:54 PM

Didn't greenmangaming.com offer CoH2 at a discount months ago?
12 Jan 2013, 23:49 PM

yup they offered 30% off CoH2 a while ago
Hux
13 Jan 2013, 00:56 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2013, 15:50 PM12ocky
I'm afraid it will have a lower standard though, that's why i'm not pre ordering. I'm not feeling any excitement when it comes to COH2, fear for a worse game dominates. I've always been sceptical and towards release i'm being it more and more. For me it's a wait and see.

I wish I didn't have to be all Nancy Negative about it, but yeah.

True that! I was thinking the exact same thing in my head as I got to your post 12ocky. From what I've seen of CoH2, I think that the biggest problem doesn't lie in numbers of people who play CoH2 over SC2, moreover, are relic making a game thats worse than the last one. From what I've seen so far I'm worrying they're Are. I really hope I'm wrong, and I end up loving the game. But that I'm concerned.
13 Jan 2013, 01:28 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2013, 00:56 AMHux
True that! I was thinking the exact same thing in my head as I got to your post 12ocky. From what I've seen of CoH2, I think that the biggest problem doesn't lie in numbers of people who play CoH2 over SC2, moreover, are relic making a game thats worse than the last one. From what I've seen so far I'm worrying they're Are. I really hope I'm wrong, and I end up loving the game. But that I'm concerned.

+1. $60 (or even $48) is a lot of money and I don't really want to risk it - Tales of Valor was awful and I'm happy I didn't buy it, and I'm also happy I waited for Opposing Fronts to go on sale before buying it. I hope CoH 2 is the best RTS since CoH but I can't just assume it will be and I don't want to dump money into it before getting some sort of assurances that it's not going to be British trenches and T-17 spam and The Scheldt or anything like that.
Hux
13 Jan 2013, 02:22 AM
Patrion 14

I get what you mean. But even if it had things like that in it, I would still buy it. I only ever play auto and those issues are only 1 in 7-8 games.
But I'm more concerned about the game in terms of mechanics. I don't know what it is exactly but it appears that something has changed in the way the game plays. It looks sluggish and boring. Thats what concerns me the most. I'm afraid that the gameplay will be 'safe' and the dynamics of the original missing.
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 13 Jan 2013, 02:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Sometimes it's best to wait a month or two while the initial reviews roll in for a game. I know I do frequently... the last game I preordered without waiting that I can recall was Mass Effect 3.

As a developer, obviously I would like you to take a leap of faith and pre-order, but as a gamer I can completely understand that games are expensive nowadays (though I remember spending $80 on NES games back in the early 90s) and you want to make sure you get your best bang for your buck.

Though I can say we have no trenches, no T-17s and I again apologize for the Scheldt ;) It was meant to be a comp-stomp map, not an automatch map.
13 Jan 2013, 03:12 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Haha I actually don't mind The Schedlt, it's awful because it's designed for comp stomping but because I only 1v1 automatch I never had to play it. Glad to hear trenches are gone though :D
13 Jan 2013, 15:56 PM

COH2 looks awesome.
13 Jan 2013, 16:55 PM

I have some concerns about CoH2 so far, but it doesn't look to alarming. I am concerned a bit by the lower amount of map sectors (afraid it will lead to less options and cutting off), by the possible watering down of veterancy, and by the ability to capture enemy vehicles. Oh, and no in-game doctrine choice, though I don't really understand the new system.

That said, the ingredients for a great game should all be there. vCOH US vs Wehr is one of the best matchups ever, if CoH2 can at least come close in quality, it will be great.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★