Login

russian armor

Join the COH2.ORG ingame chat lobby

22 Feb 2014, 13:06 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Is there a reason these chat rooms are always empty? Do you guys hate the interface or what? Should we try to make a movement to get everybody here to join the COH2.ORG chat lobby when you're in-game?

It will be like the Sword channel in 2007. :P
22 Feb 2014, 13:14 PM

Permanently Banned
chat lobbys ingame are dead, because it isnot like in coh1, inferface suck.
22 Feb 2014, 14:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What is it about the interface that sucks, exactly?

It would be nice if it remembered which lobbies you were in when you quit the game, and automatically joined them in your next session.
22 Feb 2014, 14:05 PM

Permanently Banned
i can repeat myself, it isnot like in coh1 MVGAME
22 Feb 2014, 14:07 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You're pretty useless then. What exactly is it that is different that makes you think the "interface suck?"
22 Feb 2014, 14:08 PM

Permanently Banned
it blocks my view, not so user friendly
22 Feb 2014, 14:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Blocks your view of what? The spinning green thing that means nothing? :P
22 Feb 2014, 14:09 PM

Permanently Banned
you cant see the enemy ladder, rank, but you have stupid invite.
Chat rooms are useless, its porpuses is to help you find guys to custom games, but noone answers, all of them are empty, if not there are stupid trolls like in gamereplays chat in coh1 and so on.
22 Feb 2014, 14:10 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Auto re-join would greatly help the fact that they're all empty.
22 Feb 2014, 14:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Blocks your view of what? The spinning green thing that means nothing? :P

you have a chat tab what you can move, so that blocks my view, i always minimalize that as small as i can, not like in coh1, where there is a chat lobbys, you know...
22 Feb 2014, 14:12 PM

Permanently Banned
+ there isnot chat rooms for individual nations, for example: Budapest room(captial of Hungary MVGAME), and i could say, look hungarians, how about a good friendly hungarian 3v3 match?
22 Feb 2014, 14:15 PM

Permanently Banned
but if you are in 1000000 group in steam, that will show all of them ingame, funtastic

so useless
22 Feb 2014, 14:17 PM

Permanently Banned
this feature as useless as that ingame ladder which opens steam browser and drops you at coh.com

i would better go coh2.org which has better design + i even can see the thread index because it takes 10 min to get a game.
22 Feb 2014, 14:33 PM

Akosi is right. CoH1 better.
22 Feb 2014, 14:40 PM

Akosi is right. CoH1 better.

By far it is +111111111111111
22 Feb 2014, 15:11 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

SNF CHAMP BARTONPL is now in coh2.org chat! omg
22 Feb 2014, 15:25 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

They indeed block the view. The way whole UI in COH1 was divided into tabs, including chat, was a great idea. There were hundreds of people on popular channels.

What COH2 chat needs:
-Generally a better way to display chats. COH2 UI wastes a ton load of free space. Now that COH2 UI is divided into sections, it would be easy to just divide it into tabs, rather than "go there -> back/return" spam
-These tabs could be like the ones in options menu
- With tabs you could edit your loadout, browse your intel bulletins, and stuff like that while searching for a game
-Add a chat channel for pretty much all the capital cities in the world
-IP based auto-join for capital city channels
22 Feb 2014, 16:24 PM

FailFish SC2 has the same chat room lobbies like coh2 and there also dead as fuck.
why the fuck would you have a chatroom lobby as a "pop out" instead of just inserting a tab where you could view back and forth between auto and chat

i agreee 100% with janne

and forcing people to always autojoin a chat room isnt a bad idea

i see more people (mainly MrKillerboy) still using vcoh chatroom than coh2.

EDIT:
If this game would get some fucking lobbies ( seriously wtf is going on?) probably thered be a lot more people using chat.
23 Feb 2014, 03:34 AM

Chat system in VCOH was great because it wasn't only a chat channel. It was a lot more.
-You can see which of your friends are online
-whisper to people
-join chatrooms with people that speak your language, live in the same part of the world
-see other peoples ranks
-check your own rank
-ask people if they want to join a match (according to their stats or lag probability)
-find people after good match, organize another and often befriend them
-ignore trolls
-just join the discussion in one of chatrooms if its interesting or leave to another if you don't like it
-create custom match and invite people of similar skill, or wait for someone to join while having ability to chat in different channels, while simultaniously being able to whisper to friends in-game and check how far from finishing they are, etc etc
-customize your game or units while doing automatch search, see the news.

Everything at simple click of a tab button

Without in-game true ranks, in-game friend list, whispers and easy way to befriend people chat is just useless for me.
And Custom game lobby is the most important thing missing for chat system to be useful

Everything about VCOH that was easy to use, useful and made it easy to be part of community of players is made extremely hard, useless and utterly gimmicky in COH2

And right now its just some useless black screen that doesn't do anything....

Why would I use it? that is the question you want to ask. Not why people are not using it
23 Feb 2014, 09:28 AM

list

Agree with everything there, except maybe dicussions. 90% of the time it was filled with bible thumpers copy pasting random quotes from the bible, general obscenity and racism spam or just straight out ridiculous discussions worthy to be in the darkest parts of 4chan or reddit. This however can be resolved by allowing contributing, respected volunteers of the community to moderate these chat rooms when it gets too inappropriate.

But it was good for finding other players, whispering them, asking them to join a game and later befriending them. The current chat room interface as it is is clunky and just annoying. I'm sure they had the best of intentions but the guys at relic just made some terrible terrible decisions in regards to how the social/multi-player features were going to play out. Removal of lobbies, removal of chat rooms, removal of a skill/rank/league system. What were they thinking?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
unknown 22
United Kingdom 251
United States 10
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W