Login

russian armor

Advice on 2 v 2 CoH2

21 Feb 2014, 12:50 PM
Patrion 14

Hi,

I play all modes. As far as wins go I'm sort of 50/50 in 1 v 1 and 60/40 in 3 v 3 and 4 v 4.

But I suck donkey balls at 2 v 2 and always have. Doesn't matter what faction I play.

Can anybody give me any tips as how to get started and better my game. Enemy synergies seem to fox me - for example on Semoiski (since when was that a decent 2 v2 ?) I just got pwnd by a T70 rush.

This doesn't seem to fuck me up on other games ... 2 v 2 is a special mystery to me. Can anyone help?

21 Feb 2014, 13:32 PM

Permanently Banned
play together with partner, if you go left and your partner goes right, 80 % you will lose. It is 2v2, not 2 1v1.

and get a mate to play with, he will do what you say(or vica versa),not like with playing random who does the exact opposite what i usually say, this is why i dont play random teamgames anymore.

+ if you both know the strategy on the maps, it is very easy to win, like both go middle in semoiskey winter etc etc... not like one goes that fuel, one to another, that is 100 % lose against competent opponent.
21 Feb 2014, 13:41 PM

Permanently Banned
as i see you are playing with german, in commanders i suggest you to NEVER use the new air sup commander, once the enemy get isu and you both dont have elefant --> lose in 70 %

One should play support: MHT,howitzer, or elefant(can counter howitzer too) and the another actually doesnot matter,but he must play agresive(better take g43(ET))
21 Feb 2014, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 13:32 PMakosi
play together with partner, if you go left and your partner goes right, 80 % you will lose. It is 2v2, not 2 1v1.

We play mainly soviets and feel Ost is a bit stronger lategame. If we just hold one fuel as soviets we often loose lategame to stronger tanks. Is it really possible to have a gameplan as soviets where you just secure and hold youre own fuel/side?
21 Feb 2014, 14:06 PM

Get a reliable partner.
You can't possibly get better advise then that for 2v2.
21 Feb 2014, 14:09 PM

Permanently Banned

We play mainly soviets and feel Ost is a bit stronger lategame. If we just hold one fuel as soviets we often loose lategame to stronger tanks. Is it really possible to have a gameplan as soviets where you just secure and hold youre own fuel/side?

this is why i said that, that is for german strategy, as soviet that is totally different, if you let the germans have half map = lose.

we usually attack them immediately, one go cons spam or 2 cons+ T2 units then t4 or whatever(kv8 is2) and i always go sniper spam+ guard + 120mm mortal then t85 call in or isu.

If you both go t2, i am sure you will lose against MHT, or both go conscripts that is even worse because of hmg-s. But the key is same, go together. I dont remember when i went the opposite way with my first sniper, instead i always followed my mate conscripts.
and my mate capture the map, while i supperted him and remember to spam mines.
21 Feb 2014, 17:43 PM
Patrion 14

Hi,

I play all modes. As far as wins go I'm sort of 50/50 in 1 v 1 and 60/40 in 3 v 3 and 4 v 4.

But I suck donkey balls at 2 v 2 and always have. Doesn't matter what faction I play.

Can anybody give me any tips as how to get started and better my game. Enemy synergies seem to fox me - for example on Semoiski (since when was that a decent 2 v2 ?) I just got pwnd by a T70 rush.

This doesn't seem to fuck me up on other games ... 2 v 2 is a special mystery to me. Can anyone help?

get a decent mate who can carry you sometimes and you can carry him the other times. play a few games with him and then you'll probably beat almost all other players with random teammate.

then once in a while you'll face off against other premade teams and that is when it gets fun.
21 Feb 2014, 17:54 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for the consistent advice about a team mate. Found one and won a game. Lost another, but the other team really had their shit together. I know what the best Soviet synergies are, any advice for Ost?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★