Login

russian armor

Roads for bridge and bigger bridge.

20 Feb 2014, 22:23 PM

I need help, How do you create a road to a bridge??

I found a big enough bridge, is there a way to make it longer without having to stack multiple ones?
20 Feb 2014, 22:42 PM

Permanently Banned
dont make huge map, you cant make a full map decoration, no mention it will be boring, when you meet the enemy first you can bring tank at that same time. A few ppl will play it then delete it and you wasted time. Do 1v1 or 2v2 map for map contest, ask Onkelsam is it worth it.

Trust me i am a duck.
20 Feb 2014, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 22:42 PMakosi

Trust me i am a duck.

Trust him he's a duck
20 Feb 2014, 23:57 PM

Well I found a big bridge but, don't know how to make it longer. I'm also thinking of making a highway map.
21 Feb 2014, 18:28 PM

If the bridge must be destroyable, the only way is to stack them. If destroying the bridge can be sacrificed, you can make the bridge out of terrain, wall splines, road textures splines, and some coverts.

I recommend the second option, as they look better, and usually you can just block a bridge with defenses as easily as destroying them.

When Akosi says, to make smaller maps, and he is a duck, you should trust him. I'm working on a 4v4, and have been since the world builder has been released, and have maybe 50%-60% completion so far, but I'm also lazy.
21 Feb 2014, 18:42 PM

If the bridge must be destroyable, the only way is to stack them. If destroying the bridge can be sacrificed, you can make the bridge out of terrain, wall splines, road textures splines, and some coverts.

I recommend the second option, as they look better, and usually you can just block a bridge with defenses as easily as destroying them.

When Akosi says, to make smaller maps, and he is a duck, you should trust him. I'm working on a 4v4, and have been since the world builder has been released, and have maybe 50%-60% completion so far, but I'm also lazy.

It is not that I'm stuck with decoration, I'm stuck with adding bridges and road.

I found roads, but no idea how to connect the separated roads as i have one road coming from another way like a cross.

The bridge I tried is indestructible and when I use the spline tool I don't know how to make them connect.

The bridge is called "bridge_molte_base_wide"(the perfect large invulnerable bridge)
22 Feb 2014, 00:02 AM

Well, what I'm saying is, you can create the "bridge" by adjusting the terrain height correctly, and trimming it out with walls, coverts, and a road spline across the top of it, rather than using a bridge "object". As far as lining up the bridge object with the road, you will just have to take your time to line the splines up with the placed object. For two interesting roads, there are a few ways. You could have the road splines end at the intersection, and use a SPLT, half transparent, to connect the splines. If you havent already, watch all the tutorials in the pinned index.
Only Relic postRelic 28 Feb 2014, 08:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'd be careful using the moltke bridge. It's not -totally- invulnerable. In it's final death state, it has gaping holes visually though you can still walk over them. Your units will seem to be floating.

If you must use it, you should make it invulnerable via scar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★