Login

russian armor

Relic did a great job with Air Superiority Doctrine

19 Feb 2014, 23:40 PM

I was a naysayer on this one, but it is well balanced and useful without being cheap.

Most important of all the abilities are cheap enough to be used as a strategy. The recon is only one pass, but at 30 mun it fits in just right. The strafe isn't what it used to be, but at 60 mun, I can't complain. I'm not sure if all the same abilities in all other docs were changed or not but relic definitely got it right on these.
20 Feb 2014, 05:16 AM

Glad you came around. I agree 100%. More of these types are needed. Really fun way to play imho. Just needs cooldowns tweaked a tad i think.
20 Feb 2014, 05:22 AM

Thats what all abilities should be and be used like. Strategically and with some sort of thought behind it.

Not like bullshit with loitering strafe and ILK2 loitering which requires no thought other than clicking the button and enjoying the benefits.
Just 2 examples, there are many other 'press this button to become greatest player for 30 seconds' abilities.
20 Feb 2014, 06:04 AM

Thats what all abilities should be and be used like. Strategically and with some sort of thought behind it.

Not like bullshit with loitering strafe and ILK2 loitering which requires no thought other than clicking the button and enjoying the benefits.
Just 2 examples, there are many other 'press this button to become greatest player for 30 seconds' abilities.

I liked the vcoh airstrikes better than how they had it in coh2 with random direction spawn and loiter. This appears to be a step in the right direction ... Aka closer to vcoh mechanics :p

Now if we can just get that t34/76 upgun upgrade added and the t34/85 calling replaced :thumb:
20 Feb 2014, 06:08 AM

Yep, good job Relic with Air Superiority. It can't be countered, not as IL2 what is easy gunned down by 2 upgunned Pz4.

Try to play against the doctrine before you posting guys. You infantry is insta pinned, zis-gun dived by shtukas and no counter for what. As a result german armor roaming the field better the year ago.
20 Feb 2014, 06:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 06:08 AMcarloff
Yep, good job Relic with Air Superiority. It can't be countered, not as IL2 what is easy gunned down by 2 upgunned Pz4.

Try to play against the doctrine before you posting guys. You infantry is insta pinned, zis-gun dived by shtukas and no counter for what. As a result german armor roaming the field better the year ago.

I only played 1 game vs it so far. 2v2 on new map

Its very hard. Had no answer.

From that one game, it looks mighty powerful commander (Or I was playing someone much better then myself)
20 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM

I agree that it is a really powerfull doctrine.

It counters all the static capacity (B4, repair station, etc...) with stuka ; camping or static fighting area is not recommanded against it and in the same time massive push are not recommanded also: insta pin ; stuka is really hard to avoid as it is not easy to see where it will fall.

Only weak point is that there is less tank but largely compensate by the fact you have munition to upgrade everything: PG/HT/SC/G

two game in 2vs2 : one i won with it ans one loose against. ISU, soviet industry and counter attack tactic don't help against it in late game : continuous air attack
20 Feb 2014, 14:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The most useful thing is the "psycological effect", specially on teamgames. You don´t know for sure if the flares drop are for some bombing strike, AT strafe or pinning plane.

First of all, move from the zone. If the plane doesnt target your troops you know you are fine.
20 Feb 2014, 14:37 PM

Good commander overall but the Stuka AT support isn't rewarding. Suppression run on the other hand, very good blob counter.
20 Feb 2014, 15:02 PM

Good commander overall but the Stuka AT support isn't rewarding. Suppression run on the other hand, very good blob counter.

I would say its situationally useful. I used it to finish off a damaged SU85 that I fausted and had to retreat my force. In came the Stuka to finish what I couldnt. Since its not OMG lord of all it makes the doctrine less like Elite Forces where everything is good in it.
20 Feb 2014, 15:17 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak