Login

russian armor

To the Developers of World Builder

19 Feb 2014, 03:46 AM

I'm kind of lost since there are two forums(as one person told me to come here because all the map makers talk here).

Does the developers of CoH2 World Builder read this forum or the other forum?

I made a couple of suggestions for a world builder update to make it easier and more simple to use instead of the default setting. Right now the default setting is making it a hard time for everyone as they always have to start from scratch as a desert looking for skins and textile.

Here is the list so far right now:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/wishlist/25957-world-builder-massive-wishlist-to-make-multiplayer-maps-more-fun-and-less-bland

The World builder could have been much more simple yet, it has too many buttons and missing features to make multiplayer maps fun and unique.

You can also help suggest somethings and I'll add it to that wishlist of mines to make it easier to make maps. For suggestion #9 even red alert map making tool had environment placement, not that hard difficult atmosphere properties we have now and choosing your skin.

19 Feb 2014, 08:28 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

#2 Just like Start Bunker(how you choose faction it would change the bunker for defense as default).
Please added the followings:

Start Infantry:
Default Conscript for Soviet and Grenadier/Osttruppen Squad for German side(can be changed).

Start Scout Vehicle(T-70 should be here, unless Panzer III is added because I see it on world builder, but it does nothing):
Default M5 Halftrack for Soviet or SdKfz.221Scout Car for German side.(can be changed)

Start Tank(Medium <-> Heavy Tanks):
Default T-34/75 or Panzer IV(can be changed)
#3 Ability to added upgraded units as start.
Examples: M5 AA Halftrack, SdKfz.221 upgraded Turret, and SdKfz 251 Halftrack flamethrower.

We can even have "Starter Emplacement" just the "Starter Bunkers"
Note: Maybe should change Start Bunker name to Start Emplacement and allow us to change which emplacement we want. Obviously default should be the bunkers. Pak43 could go into that, maybe why it crashes because it isn't a normal AT gun crew which moves around.

#9 Creating Map(making it easier for us map makers).
Allow us to set default weather from Blizzard, Rain, and Thunderstorm or even Hail(that one might not happen) while we create/start our new map. (All based on the developers default recommended settings)

These are possible with SCAR scripting. This forum has several SCAR related tutorials. You could get started with them. For #9 Please see my "How to: Blizzard in custom maps" in Map making tutorial index.

#5 Fix Atmosphere Properties and Terrain Properties so it fits smaller screens such as Laptops(I'm using). Mine is 1366x768 max.
or
Add a maximize button and make it small at default.

I've got this issue with my 1920*1080 laptop as well.

#7 I don't know if I'm doing this wrong.
Add the ability to auto bomb(like the commanders abillity, or seen in normal missions) a certain area.
I do see IL-2 bombers/Rocket and Stuka Bombers. The stuka does randomly bomb when close enough, but IL-2 doesn't do anything.
Just like the Fighters they fly around in circles in the middle of the map.

Possible with SCAR scripts, a little bit more complicated though.
19 Feb 2014, 16:04 PM

These are possible with SCAR scripting. This forum has several SCAR related tutorials. You could get started with them. For #9 Please see my "How to: Blizzard in custom maps" in Map making tutorial index.

I've got this issue with my 1920*1080 laptop as well.

Possible with SCAR scripts, a little bit more complicated though.

You said SCAR script? That is quite difficult because those feature should've been in the world builder first place. But, isn't scripting more like modding?

I posted the laptop issue on the original thread.

Blizzard tutorial? You know what I mean right? It isn't just Blizzard mode, there is rain and heavy thunderstorm rain. Hopefully they are working on it because on the wishlist thread people are asking for more weather.

A check box to start new map for Blizzard, Rain or Thunderstorm(default settings). Within the map size setting.
19 Feb 2014, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 16:04 PMmakemap

A check box to start new map for Blizzard, Rain or Thunderstorm(default settings). Within the map size setting.

with the exception of blizzard, weather options can be set under the weathers tab in the atmosphere properties.
19 Feb 2014, 16:58 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Currently only way to include blizzard conditions is SCAR scripting.
20 Feb 2014, 12:30 PM

This might be a temporary solution to your problem and i can't test it myself, but if you unlock the the-taskbar‎ and move it to the right or left hand side of the screene it woud probably give you the hight to atleast click the "ok, cancel and apply" buttons.
This might not work on a 1366x768 monitor, it might simply be to small.
25 Feb 2014, 21:29 PM

This might be a temporary solution to your problem and i can't test it myself, but if you unlock the the-taskbar‎ and move it to the right or left hand side of the screene it woud probably give you the hight to atleast click the "ok, cancel and apply" buttons.
This might not work on a 1366x768 monitor, it might simply be to small.

Well as the above post said, I'm not the only one that is having that same problem. Unlocking the taskbar won't do because it goes off screen.

I also added 2 new ideas #10 and #11.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W