Login

russian armor

Fuel and Strategic Points

19 Feb 2014, 03:10 AM

I've noticed a lot of people mention that the early and mid game are rushed, and merely serve to delay the inevitable heavy vehicles. I agree, especially considering the emphasis placed on amassing fuel, and getting armour out before your enemies. I personally like the initial phase of most battles where fights are determined by mg placement or cover and grenades.

In vCoH you had a lot of global abilities and upgrades to sink your fuel into, which delayed your tech or forced a lesser field presence. In CoH2 you have really nothing baring soviet conscript HQ upgrades and tech or building costs, which are all no-brainer purchases. Also with commanders you can forgo certain tech and upgrades which means tanks even sooner, not to mention the ones you can get resource bonuses from.

My suggestion is to remove the fuel from regular strategic points. I believe right now strategic points grant +3fuel/+5munitions and full points grant +7 of their resource. This would make the dedicated points more important, but still leave strategic value in the cutoffs and supply lines. It would also put more emphasis on Fuel Caches, and with a longer T1 and T2 you would have the manpower more often to build these.

I don't think this would affect the length of games too severely, just more victory point drains.

I have no issues with current munition rates, but perhaps a slight increase in CP requirements? Grenades, mines, upgrades and abilities would be nice to see more often.

What do you guys think? Would it deprive you of your beloved Tigers and IS2s in 1v1s? Maybe hurt the 3v3 and 4v4 crowd because they love big tank battles? Force too much emphasis on fuel points?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★