Login

russian armor

Some background for the CoH2

10 Jan 2013, 11:38 AM

I don't know if it's interesting for the bulk of the community, but: there is a good historical series about the eastern front. It's Russian (and Russians are heavily biased on the WW2 subject, that's a fact), but I find it refreshingly neutral and facts-driven. And it's very detailed. Plans, facts, numbers, archive videos, reconstructions, personal notes of the participants - the coverage is very good. For the western majority of our community it might be a great thing to watch while waiting for the game.

I wanted to ask some senior members of the community to take a look at this and, in case you liked it, maybe we could translate it? It's helluva lot of work and I have no experience whatsoever for this, so I can't even say it's possible. That's another matter for your opinions.

It would be great to have feedback from other Russian players on this as well.

Link for the first part (of 18) on youtube
10 Jan 2013, 13:31 PM

Now I wish I knew Russian.
10 Jan 2013, 13:42 PM

Its a great! documentary indeed! and I would recommend watching it as well to anyone!
As to translate ... there is option on YouTube to turn on captions then select the translate option to the lang you need. The Translation isn't 100% perf but its still ok :)
Raz
10 Jan 2013, 13:42 PM

It's not that hard, you just need to have been born in one of the used to be CCCR countries :P

Thanks for the link, will probably watch it seems interesting.
10 Jan 2013, 13:47 PM

As to translate ...

Well, in my dreams it should be Tommy, Fatal, Yoink and Ami as narrative voices :)
10 Jan 2013, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2013, 13:47 PMomn1vor

Well, in my dreams it should be Tommy, Fatal, Yoink and Ami as narrative voices :)

well that would be fun.. :) but thats might be just a lil to much for for them right now as with all the cast turnsy and etc.. idk.
Hux
11 Jan 2013, 22:03 PM
Patrion 14

I also would like to put forwar Anthony Beevors books. Berlin & Stalingrad, excellent books I thought
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★