Login

russian armor

The elephant(s) in the room

19 Feb 2014, 02:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 01:33 AMWiFiDi
I'm gonna let people interpret this as they will, more fun that way! :)

Please add more elephants and tattoo stuff like "DLC", "Pay to win" on said elephants' forehads.
19 Feb 2014, 03:25 AM

Dem

Ferdinands can garisson in buildings now?

Didn't you hear? It's coming in the next DLC.

Now on topic, personally I don't have an issue with Relic releasing DLC commanders. I get why they have to do it. However, with that said, I do have an issue with how they released Elite Troops and Industry. Where were all the testers? Where they all asleep? Did they get fired the day before the release? What the hell happened there? Why can't the other staff play a couple of games with their new DLC? Please recall also that the same thing happened with Mechanized Assault and Urban Defence in which serious issues arose that should have been caught if they had just play-tested one or two matches with them.

From a company that released statements that there will be no P2W, that's a serious breach of trust. To me, it felt like they just walked up and shit in my face. Now they have temporarily put a hiatus on the flood of such DLC due to backlash (I would like everyone to please think back to the 8 supposed commanders that got leaked a couple months back and I shudder to think of how the meta would be if all of those were out right now) but we have no idea if this will stay the case (note: I am not in the beta server so I don't know what those guys are seeing; maybe it's better, maybe it's worse). It's that doubt and lack of reassurance that is the real issue.

I don't mind supporting Relic through DLC; in fact, I will admit that I am guilty of buying, using, and abusing the OP commanders. But I only bought them in the first place because I didn't want to be on the receiving end of that abuse without having something to abuse in return to defend myself - and that, ladies and gentlemen, is not an ethical way to motivate your customers.
19 Feb 2014, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2014, 23:16 PMTZer0

I consider this almost the only thing worse than paid commander DLCs. I mean, it could've been paid and timed!

Edit: I've been doubly misinformed, it seems that it returns to the standard-grade badness of paid DLC after this period.

Why do you even care? YOU DONT OWN COH2!!!!!!!!!!!!
19 Feb 2014, 04:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

19 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM

Why can't you read the thread (as I have already replied to this) and go shitpost somewhere else?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2014, 04:09 AMWiFiDi

Someone likes to bathe in tears.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 156
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L