Login

russian armor

New Steam Tags for COH2

16 Feb 2014, 23:45 PM

Good luck trying to explain this to a consumer who has no idea about CoH2 at all. All he/she is going to see is $100's worth of DLC and laugh and continue browsing the steam store. Everyone here who has logic know elite and industry were pretty much the only broken commanders. The damage has been done, its hard to salvage CoH/Relic's reputation at this point. The marketing/dlc whoring was predominantly Sega's fault but to the average consumer all they see is the game and probably developer after that if they aren't too narrow minded.

I have to agree having dlc for any rts game that's something other than campaign expansion packs or skins shows that the game isn't worth buying if you want to have a competitive scene or enjoy the game without worrying about stupid things.
17 Feb 2014, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 10:10 AMntd
If only COH2 had better casters then none of this would be happening. :P
ROLF Touche
20 Feb 2014, 02:46 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any allegations of P2W when opposing fronts and tales of valour came out with additional multiplayer units and factions with a price tag. In fact when I hear about how great vCoH was in comparison to its successor the years after these expansions were released are included in it's golden years. Is it just that these cost more and came in a bundle with single player content that makes them acceptable?

Also, the tribalbob quotes are a little out of place since he was removed when Sega acquired Relic. The change in business strategy was most likely Segas decision, in order to recoup their investment into Relics bailout. Please stop blaming Relic for things most likely out of their control.
20 Feb 2014, 03:11 AM

Permanently Banned
I could be wrong, but I don't recall any allegations of P2W when opposing fronts and tales of valour came out

That's because they were full-on expansions: OF added 2 new factions and a campaign for each of them, ToV added 3 new game modes and 3 mini-campaigns. And they were always reasonably priced.

Just to get 5 CoH2 commanders costs $20 USD. That's about how much one of the CoH1 expansions cost.
20 Feb 2014, 03:58 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any allegations of P2W when opposing fronts and tales of valour came out with additional multiplayer units and factions with a price tag. In fact when I hear about how great vCoH was in comparison to its successor the years after these expansions were released are included in it's golden years. Is it just that these cost more and came in a bundle with single player content that makes them acceptable?

Also, the tribalbob quotes are a little out of place since he was removed when Sega acquired Relic. The change in business strategy was most likely Segas decision, in order to recoup their investment into Relics bailout. Please stop blaming Relic for things most likely out of their control.

Here is a hint; Relic and Sega are one and the same, an company. Company isn't a person with feelings and free choice when it comes to decisions.

Company always does things with the aim of making profit. That is the sole purpose of company.

Was it Sega or Relic who made decisions it really makes no difference, the only thing that matters is the end product and what I feel about it.

Stop referring to Relic as it is a entity with feelings, compassion and moral values. It makes me sick
raw
22 Feb 2014, 06:34 AM

Here is a hint; Relic and Sega are one and the same, an company. Company isn't a person with feelings and free choice when it comes to decisions.

Company always does things with the aim of making profit. That is the sole purpose of company.

Was it Sega or Relic who made decisions it really makes no difference, the only thing that matters is the end product and what I feel about it.

Stop referring to Relic as it is a entity with feelings, compassion and moral values. It makes me sick

+1
22 Feb 2014, 08:39 AM

That's because they were full-on expansions: OF added 2 new factions and a campaign for each of them, ToV added 3 new game modes and 3 mini-campaigns. And they were always reasonably priced.

Just to get 5 CoH2 commanders costs $20 USD. That's about how much one of the CoH1 expansions cost.

To be fair the ToV expansion was a joke. Oppossing fronts was worth its weight in terms of content and new features. It was a balance night mare for a while though.

@BabeRoga, I disagree. Relic and Sega are not one in the same. They are both businesses wanting to maximize profit, but any respectable dev company will not add controversial DLC like commanders which affect MP. It was more than likely pressure from Sega to add DLC. For the community as a whole and the game's longevity, more importantly, its reputation, a bundled expansion containing the commanders and new tales of war content would have been a smarter decision imo.

It probably would have been a joke expansion like ToV anyway, nonetheless more respectable and appeasing to the average consumer than "dlc whoring" as steam tags have been aptly applied to the CoH2 name. Just put yourself into the shoes of someone wanting to get into CoH2 browsing the steam apge, its easier to digest a $30-40 expansion below the main game with all these new "features" than a full page of $4 commanders and content.
7 Apr 2014, 02:43 AM

FORUM NECROING ITS MY TIME TO SHINE!!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight