Login

russian armor

New Steam Tags for COH2

15 Feb 2014, 21:19 PM

At least it's not a Walking Simulator.
15 Feb 2014, 21:30 PM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that coh2 is categorized officially by steam as Pay2win or the fact that it's listed on the same page as Spiral Knights.

Its not by Steam, its by the Users.
15 Feb 2014, 22:56 PM

Its not by Steam, its by the Users.

Does it actually change much?
15 Feb 2014, 23:06 PM

I added the tag ForNoobsByNoobs. Let's see if we can get that one on the page...:)

15 Feb 2014, 23:16 PM

What is your point? This isn't about anything being free to play lol FailFish
I meant Pay 2 win, not free 2 play, typo.
15 Feb 2014, 23:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 23:16 PMRyondo
I meant Pay 2 win, not free 2 play, typo.

wait i thought those were the same thing. :)
16 Feb 2014, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 13:52 PMChigurh

Please forgive me, most respected gaming colleague, I confess that I am not as familiar with the word "Butthurt", as you would appear to be.
Indeed I profess my ignorance as to both the origins and meaning of this most intriguing expression.
I can only assume that you are referring to a perhaps clandestine, nocturnal, activity that is prevalent in the community that you frequent, or the subsequent physical condition that you incur as a result of the aforementioned activity ?
As a gentlemanly matter of course, I would not wish to pry into the intimacy of your private affairs, therefore please accept the fact that the enquiry is made in a uniquely rhetorical fashion.

I digress, allow me to explain, for my origins are in the apparently forgotten era where a man's word is his bond, where the intention or eventual action of putting pen to paper (or indeed, finger to keyboard in the parlance of our days) engaged oneself into an agreement of candid, honest dialogue with one's intended audience.
With hindsight, however, it is abundantly clear that my foolish attempts to apply the aforementioned gentleman's protocol to the correspondence with the representative of the Relic Organization, who wishes to be known only as Mr.T.Bob, were naive at best, crassly ignorant at worst, the truth be known.

I wish to publicly apologize for my simple-minded, impulsive and ingenuous interpretation of the statement published by Mr.T.Bob, in particular the "No Pay To Win in Coh2" sentence.
Henceforth, I shall do my utmost to interpret the "true" meaning of any statement made by representatives of the Relic Company, after the fashion of our modern times.

Indulge me if you may, for I wish to conclude with a quotation from a man also known as Bob, who is perhaps signalling the unfortunate end of the era of which I so fondly portray.

"Oh The times, they are a changing"

LOL Brilliant
16 Feb 2014, 04:07 AM

I tagged COH2 with P2W, it has earned it.

I give a gold medal to COH2 in P2W content.
16 Feb 2014, 04:12 AM

let's send this DLC mess to hell..
16 Feb 2014, 07:41 AM

Greedy companys like relic ruining there own games with DLC spam and P2W crap.They spend there Money on Marketing and not on the game.
16 Feb 2014, 11:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 07:41 AMAffe
Greedy companys like relic ruining there own games with DLC spam and P2W crap.They spend there Money on Marketing and not on the game.

Tbh I would blame SEGA for this, not Relic. Sometimes I think SEGA has become worse than EA...
16 Feb 2014, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 11:33 AMTwister

Tbh I would blame SEGA for this, not Relic. Sometimes I think SEGA has become worse than EA...

EA closes games in BETA when they don't provide enough income.
Every other company, including Greedzzard have a long way to go to end up in that state.
16 Feb 2014, 13:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

At least EA games aren't broken on release (look Rome 2) and Blizzard game are usually really fun to play.

Also, EA and Blizzard games don't cost over 200€ just 8 months after release.
16 Feb 2014, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 13:06 PMTwister
At least EA games aren't broken on release (look Rome 2) and Blizzard game are usually really fun to play.

No, they dont play with you, they charge that straight from day 1 and rip you again on minimalistic expansions, calling them huge progress.
16 Feb 2014, 13:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 13:28 PMKatitof

No, they dont play with you, they charge that straight from day 1 and rip you again on minimalistic expansions, calling them huge progress.

This is true, if you think about it the expansions in BF4 are maps and weapons.
Here we can create and we get maps for free and the weapons in bf4 are basically reskins so you could compare them to the CE commanders.
16 Feb 2014, 13:45 PM

This is true, if you think about it the expansions in BF4 are maps and weapons.
Here we can create and we get maps for free and the weapons in bf4 are basically reskins so you could compare them to the CE commanders.

But the only down side to not buying a BF4 DLC thingy is not being able to join as many servers. They are not p2w, and collectively they are faaarrr cheaper than all the CoH2 DLC if BF3 was any indication (~$60 worth of map packs over a 1.5 year span, opposed to $250 worth of commanders, skins, ToV, and faceplate in less than one year :lol:)
16 Feb 2014, 16:40 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 13:06 PMTwister

BF4 was really broken on release. Bugs/lags/crashs etc. ;) But its getting better :)
16 Feb 2014, 20:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

BF4 was really broken on release. Bugs/lags/crashs etc. ;) But its getting better :)

It wasn't as broken as Rome 2 was but the devs still halted DLC development to fix the game first (I'm not saying they fixed it, but they did something).

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 13:28 PMKatitof

Well, in the case of Battlefield (3 or 4) you get the full game and ALL the DLC for 100€. In the case of CoH2 on the other hand you have to pay over 200€ for the game and the DLC already released. If Relic happens to make more DLC, you'll have to pay even more.
16 Feb 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 20:55 PMTwister

Well, in the case of Battlefield (3 or 4) you get the full game and ALL the DLC for 100€. In the case of CoH2 on the other hand you have to pay over 200€ for the game and the DLC already released. If Relic happens to make more DLC, you'll have to pay even more.

people really need to stop using this lame argument. is anyone really going to buy every skin and faceplate? if you really want to, go ahead, but thats entirely on you. the majority of you dont even have any interest in ToW, so again, why include that in your number other than to make the price of the DLC sound bigger for your argument?

most of the premium commanders arent even that good. i see most players have 4-5 favorite commanders per faction which they use over and over. atleast a few of those are typically free ones as well. so for two factions youll spend maybe $20 to get all the commanders you want. even then, thats a choice and you dont need premium commanders to win games.

dont bring up elite troops and industry. we all know theyre going to be nerfed
16 Feb 2014, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 21:10 PMwooof

people really need to stop using this lame argument. is anyone really going to buy every skin and faceplate? if you really want to, go ahead, but thats entirely on you. the majority of you dont even have any interest in ToW, so again, why include that in your number other than to make the price of the DLC sound bigger for your argument?

most of the premium commanders arent even that good. i see most players have 4-5 favorite commanders per faction which they use over and over. atleast a few of those are typically free ones as well. so for two factions youll spend maybe $20 to get all the commanders you want. even then, thats a choice and you dont need premium commanders to win games.

dont bring up elite troops and industry. we all know theyre going to be nerfed

Good luck trying to explain this to a consumer who has no idea about CoH2 at all. All he/she is going to see is $100's worth of DLC and laugh and continue browsing the steam store. Everyone here who has logic know elite and industry were pretty much the only broken commanders. The damage has been done, its hard to salvage CoH/Relic's reputation at this point. The marketing/dlc whoring was predominantly Sega's fault but to the average consumer all they see is the game and probably developer after that if they aren't too narrow minded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★