Login

russian armor

Spanky's custom maps

21 Mar 2013, 18:55 PM

Bayeux is such a great map! At first, It's kinda hard to figure out as wehr since the middle is such a flanky deathtrap, but once you do, the brilliant design and layout really shines through. I'd love to see this in automatch. *Thumbs up* :)
21 Mar 2013, 22:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Hey man thanks, i was loosing hope with it a few months back, thats why it didnt make it to the SNF season 4. Tho i managed to get my motivation back and redo alot and now it seems like in a state for competitive play! :) Tho it might need a minor changes, but nothing special.
22 Mar 2013, 05:48 AM

This along with Semois 2 are my favorite custom maps that aren't already in coh's map list. I'd really like them to be featured in a tournament.
22 Mar 2013, 08:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

all i can say is, most people feel this away about bayeux, and for those who do, BIG THANK YOU! =)

Also GOGO semois 2!
22 Mar 2013, 10:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So Spanky, is Bayeux your #1 best 1v1 map right now?
22 Mar 2013, 15:37 PM

I'm not sure if I can suggest any balance changes at this point. However, from an aesthetics pov, I would suggest you add more diversity to- and reduce the density of the massive forests at both ends of the map. It looks very cluttered and fake, atm. You could maybe add a hilly forest, lake, or cliff just to beautify it a bit.

Edit: Also, the time of day is a bit dull. Nighttime or dawn would be pretty nice, imo.
23 Mar 2013, 01:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

@Ami: Yea, im positive that it is my best creation yet, THO i have a new map coming out tomorrow, which feels if playtested enough could be worthy as my second best map(i aimed for mirror map). At this point, ive only heard positive feedback on bayeux and i feel its exactly how i want it to be. I remember 2 cutoff points had to be painted a bit more to actually cut off, a stupid little bug, but it can be dealth with in no time. so... GREEN LIGHT! :)

@Crackbarbie: very interesting ideas, one idea about the hill popped right into my mind as a picture. Changing that with the forest wont change the gameplay, so yes, i can do better eyecandi for it.

So if i put a bit of work into Bayeux, i'll be basically tuning eyecandy :)

Sounds good?
23 Mar 2013, 02:34 AM

Yup, I also felt that a hill would fit the setting best. :)

It was nice to watch you map today. you should do that more often. I'm leander7777, btw.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight