Login

russian armor

Last stage of map making help

13 Feb 2014, 23:25 PM

So I am now polishing my map and I have a few problems.

problem 1: How do I place deep snow? I have a height variation all over my map but nothing register as deep snow.

problem 2: How do I restrict movement in my map? I have a forest on each sides of my map which I don't want people cutting through it, how do I do that? barbed wire?

problem 3: I have black border all around my map ingame, how do I resolve that?

Thanks for your input guys, my map will soon be ready, thanks to you guys.
13 Feb 2014, 23:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

1. be sure you have "edit top layer" enabled. Setting it to .25 is for cosmetic snow and raising it to .30 will have the effects of deep snow.
2. Go to EBPS\gameplay and select one of the movement blockers. You can make it a spline if it's for longer gaps,
3. The black border indicates the line of the playabel area. Only way to fix this is to stamp your whole map and selecting a bigger size. YOu can keep the current map and make it not accessible with the interactivity tool. See onkelsams tutorials for that.
14 Feb 2014, 00:32 AM

Thanks a lot, I am fixing my map right now. Really appreciate it! Almost ready to publish
14 Feb 2014, 00:41 AM

2. or use the "Impass Map Editor"-tool ()

Edit the impassability map of your scenario. (left-click and hold to paint impassable terrain, right-click and hold to remove impassability)
5 Apr 2014, 14:51 PM

I didn't feel like making a new thread just for one issue so I decided to revive my old thread.

There is a mortar on my map, which I can pickup in-game that I cant select nor remove in worldbuilder. Hopefully you can help me, I have no clue how it go there.

5 Apr 2014, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 14:51 PMSait
I didn't feel like making a new thread just for one issue so I decided to revive my old thread.

There is a mortar on my map, which I can pickup in-game that I cant select nor remove in worldbuilder. Hopefully you can help me, I have no clue how it go there.

put lots of snow on it :D
5 Apr 2014, 15:29 PM

I am definitely considering doing something like that :thumbsup:

I have deleted EVERYTHING on my map. I selected every splines, every objects and deleted everything. The mortar remains.. So it is not an object nor a spline. HOW DID IT GET THERE AND HOW DO I REMOVE IT. Seriously, this is driving me insane, how does a mortar magically appear.. lol

edit: I have found that using the stamp tool (copy paste on a new map) fixed the mortar glitch. Onto the last question. I want to import my atmosphere settings that I saved on my desktop. Where do I put the files so I can load it up?
6 Apr 2014, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 15:29 PMSait
I am definitely considering doing something like that :thumbsup:

I have deleted EVERYTHING on my map. I selected every splines, every objects and deleted everything. The mortar remains.. So it is not an object nor a spline. HOW DID IT GET THERE AND HOW DO I REMOVE IT. Seriously, this is driving me insane, how does a mortar magically appear.. lol

edit: I have found that using the stamp tool (copy paste on a new map) fixed the mortar glitch. Onto the last question. I want to import my atmosphere settings that I saved on my desktop. Where do I put the files so I can load it up?

An easier way to delete items, for next time...

bring down the console by pressing the tilde('~') key and, hover mouse over unit, type 'wb_orphan_nuke_entity', hit enter.

As far as atmosphere settings, I dont think you can at the moment. There was a time where u could "shift" click the save and load buttons in atmosphere screen, and it would use local drive instead of archive files, for saved atmosphere's, but i dont think it works right now. U will have to do it manually.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★