Login

russian armor

German Rifle/Bundle Grenades=Muni Waste

13 Feb 2014, 02:21 AM

Ok so shocktroop/guard grenade= 25 munis = on average 2 gren/pgren/mgcrew kills= 1/2 remaining squad=fine.
Conscript molotov hit= 25 munis= on average 1 gren/pgren/mgcrew kills=3/4 remaining squad=alright..
1 rifle grenade at a stationary maxim/ATG= 25 munis= on average 1 to 0 kills=5/6-6/6 members left = what?
1 bundle grenade at a stationary maxim/ATG= 50 munis= on average now kills 2= 4/6 members left= bigger what?

Anyone know what I'm talking about when you see a bunch of bunched up Sovs, get the bundle grenade off with the satisfying boom, only to be saddened that you just spent 50 munis on no squad wipes.. in fact not even close even with a tactical advantage. Not to mention early rifle nades which are worse. Needs to be fixed.
13 Feb 2014, 02:51 AM

Rifle nades are actually quite good. The thing is you need to spam them to be effective. If you have 2grens and nade a maxim you wont kill it probably but you ll do enough damage that when you get close you can finish it off.3 grens and rifle nades you will still not kill it completely but it will die if you sneeze at it afterwords.

The bundle nade however I agree is meh. It isnt worth 50 mun. It makes a loud ass boom and almost everything in the blast radius remains standing. It should be renamed bundled party popper.
13 Feb 2014, 03:00 AM

Use rifle grenades to either soften up and disrupt an enemy unit that has high health. Or, if you see a unit that is at 1/2 health or lower, a rifle grenade from out of line of sight can blow up most of a squad, or even kill it outright if they're bunched together.

The trick is that a rifle grenade used when a unit is at high health will seem to do nothing, but the effect is there once you get to fighting. But any grenade on a unit with near 1/2 health or lower will tend to be annihilated.
13 Feb 2014, 03:27 AM

it really depends on how you land ur nades, rifle nades are especially good against weapon teams or conscripts/guards too comfortable in green cover. they have a small but very lethal AOE. it is alot harder to score 2 nades kills with shocks or guards grenade unless there is some serious blobbing.

might not be worth anything to shocks since they are constantly on the move. seek out other targets instead.
13 Feb 2014, 03:44 AM

Nades Tier (effectiveness / cost)

God Tier: Gren Riflenade (cheap, G43 sometimes sound like Riflenade causing confusion, potential squad wipe)

Decent Tier: Cons Molotov (Thanks to movement lag, almost must kill 1-2 dude when you see cons igniting their Vodka, dirt cheap)

Good Tier: Guards' nade, Penals' bomb (squad wipe potential are damn too high)

Meh Tier: Shocks' nade (only useful because of their plasma armour, almost no AOE damage)

Shit Tier: PG's Bundled party popper (expensive bullshit only spammable in Ostosssssspen Doctrine)
13 Feb 2014, 04:37 AM

My favorite munitions attacks are the Rifle Grenade and the Molotov. I prioritize munitions hoarding (for 120 muni upgrades like shrecks).

So I often don't have the munitions to upgrade my grens so I use the grens + HMG. Ideally, the HMG pinns, and the Grenade shoot a rifle nade onto a pinned target. It does very good damage here, often killing 2 entities and damaging the others.

The molotov is obviously good and cheap. I try to use the same tactic if possible- Maxim pin, then molotov toss.

The others I find to be too expensive.
13 Feb 2014, 05:12 AM

Rifle grenade on squad in green cover (models are together close) = 3 model kill.
Bundled grenade is effective way to fight versus shock troops.
13 Feb 2014, 06:02 AM

It's funny when Mortar HT flame round (45 muni) is 10x better than any nades in COH2.

It is like 20 molotov falling from sky, and watching Soviet support weapon toasted trying to pick up weapon but fail to retreat.
13 Feb 2014, 06:05 AM

Ok so shocktroop/guard grenade= 25 munis = on average 2 gren/pgren/mgcrew kills= 1/2 remaining squad=fine.
Conscript molotov hit= 25 munis= on average 1 gren/pgren/mgcrew kills=3/4 remaining squad=alright..
1 rifle grenade at a stationary maxim/ATG= 25 munis= on average 1 to 0 kills=5/6-6/6 members left = what?
1 bundle grenade at a stationary maxim/ATG= 50 munis= on average now kills 2= 4/6 members left= bigger what?

Anyone know what I'm talking about when you see a bunch of bunched up Sovs, get the bundle grenade off with the satisfying boom, only to be saddened that you just spent 50 munis on no squad wipes.. in fact not even close even with a tactical advantage. Not to mention early rifle nades which are worse. Needs to be fixed.

You might want to get your munitions costs right. You are all over the place wrong.

Rifle grenades and guard grenades are the best nades in the game.
13 Feb 2014, 06:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 03:44 AMPorygon
Nades Tier (effectiveness / cost)

God Tier: Gren Riflenade (cheap, G43 sometimes sound like Riflenade causing confusion, potential squad wipe)

Decent Tier: Cons Molotov (Thanks to movement lag, almost must kill 1-2 dude when you see cons igniting their Vodka, dirt cheap)

Good Tier: Guards' nade, Penals' bomb (squad wipe potential are damn too high)

Meh Tier: Shocks' nade (only useful because of their plasma armour, almost no AOE damage)

Shit Tier: PG's Bundled party popper (expensive bullshit only spammable in Ostosssssspen Doctrine)

Bundled Grenades have the exact same stats as the Guard Grenade...

Only reason Guard nade seems better is because you're throwing it at 4 guys instead of 6.
13 Feb 2014, 06:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 06:21 AMCieZ

Guard nades have a much shorter animation wind-up time and I heard the bundle nades are more inaccurate as well- can't confirm that though.
13 Feb 2014, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 06:21 AMCieZ

Only reason Guard nade seems better is because you're throwing it at 4 guys instead of 6.

It's true, and Soviet is much less muni-draining than Ostheer you can almost throw a nade in every Guards skirmish.
13 Feb 2014, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 07:22 AMPorygon

It's true, and Soviet is much less muni-draining than Ostheer you can almost throw a nade in every Guards skirmish.

OMG, only way for Soviets is spend munition for doing damage. OST can use munition for upgrade grenadiers. Grenadiers with LMG42 or G43 rape consripts like no tomorow. BUT if you want, you can use munition and throw grenades/riflegrenades also.
13 Feb 2014, 09:37 AM

It seems you just need to aim your grenades better if you are getting such low kill counts.

Protip: Aiming at maxim gunners is not always the most optimal way to use rifle grenades. There are 5 other crew members that can't swiftly dodge the grenade. Some of them are bound to bunch up at some cover. Aim it at them instead and you will score a lot more kills.
13 Feb 2014, 09:42 AM

Haha, every forum topic starts ok, than evolves in a hate conversation. I should make a meme
13 Feb 2014, 13:30 PM

Protip: Aiming at maxim gunners is not always the most optimal way to use rifle grenades. There are 5 other crew members that can't swiftly dodge the grenade. Some of them are bound to bunch up at some cover. Aim it at them instead and you will score a lot more kills.

I will give this a try good idea.

But killing the gunner also stops the burst from the weapon and that gives some other advantages.
13 Feb 2014, 14:04 PM

Bundles nade I agree with - mostly a waste of munitions except in rare circumstances or when the player's micro is poor.

Rifle nade has more uses. Especially once vet kicks in - the range on that thing is incredible. To the point where people will often stop dodging it because the gren squad won't be in the "danger zone" where people are watching for it to happen.

The best use I can think of is to pop it over a hedgerow on a capping squad. Best used on points where you control the point and enemy is stealing so you have LoS on them but they won't on you - default behavior for capping a point is for most/all the squad members to stand on top of eachother, so a single rnade can be a squad wipe if you do it right.

The discrepancy in explosions has already been pointed out - explosions vs smaller squads are inherently better. It's the same issue with mortars, tank rounds, flamethrowers etc. Until relic does something, the Ostheer are always going to be at a disadvantage in terms of non small arms fire against infantry.
13 Feb 2014, 14:05 PM

Permanently Banned
One time i kill 8 conscripts (they are fuckng in group soviet g style) with a rifle grenade...

But if you think in costs, always soviet will win, they die forever and reinforce, come back with more power, sometimes i think is cheater...

See the K/D ratio... Soviet is made for die and reinforce (spam and no cover)...
13 Feb 2014, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 14:05 PMBravus
One time i kill 8 conscripts (they are fuckng in group soviet g style) with a rifle grenade...

But if you think in costs, always soviet will win, they die forever and reinforce, come back with more power, sometimes i think is cheater...

See the K/D ratio... Soviet is made for die and reinforce (spam and no cover)...

I love arguments like these.
Always remind me how biased and horribly bad some players are.

So please, explain to all of us mr smartass, how is it possible to spam units that cost exactly the same and how these same cost units are stronger, when they don't even have non doctrinal weapon upgrades to scale?
13 Feb 2014, 14:35 PM

Permanently Banned
See the K/D ratio, no more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 639
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W