Login

russian armor

Call to action - Let's Be Awesome Together

PAGES (25)down
13 Feb 2014, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
maybee mapmakers could win prices in map contests and those maps maybe get into automatch?
13 Feb 2014, 01:32 AM

Permanently Banned
It'd be nice if you guys removed James Hale that thread lock happy ____ from your mod team, he really makes posting on your forums a horrible experience.

Alongside this, how bout you guys fix your replay system so that replays are backwards compatible, Im sure you folks are capable enough to figure it out. Rewrite the code if you need to. It's ridiculous how replays are no longer valid after updating.

Give us tools. Why cant I follow a plane on a replay to get a nice camera view?? Why cant I zoom out further? Why cant I rewind?

Why do you guys remove features? I wanna know how many people are searching. Why can't I filter maps and I have to do some stupid veto shit?

Why do you guys split the game into 3 where there's beta, alpha servers, and p2p? You guys couldn't think of a better way to keep the community from being so separated from each other?

The game chat? Freaking god awful. What were you guys thinking.

Your new vBulletin forums? They're dead bro. Barely any posts. Any posts with some actual things to note, are locked by your friendly mod I mentioned earlier.

It took you guys 7 months to give us p2p, and you guys are working so hard to sell p2w commanders (Im not the only one bitching about this). You guys suck at patching the game. Patches come by WAY too rarely, and hotfixes? Forget about it.

You guys refuse to fix problems with ToW and campaign missions crashing. Graphics settings resetting after a game crash. Snipers not firing when camouflaged. How about setting your own !@#@ING hotkeys? Are you guys so incapable that you guys can't do this?

You know what, I WILL complain because I've paid so much money into this game that I thoroughly enjoy, however, you guys really limit it's potential for STUPID reasons whether it's neglect or just outright stupidity, and then you come here with some bullshit post which is just a wall of garbage, whereas, if you just did everything I asked for in this post, I think it would GREATLY improve the game and you would probably see some well deserved praise for it too.

But no. You guys REMOVE features. You guys dont ADD features we need. You guys RUIN things like your own forums and the ingame chat. I just dont understand.

You're the community manager right. PASS THESE WORDS ON TO YOUR PEEPS IN THE OFFICE, I GUARANTEE YOU 110% if these things are implemented, you will have GREAT success.

The balancing in the game is not the problem, I don't expect a perfectly balanced game in 7 months. Keep working at it, great, but balancing and new commanders and new shit to buy, doesn't fix the game hombre.
13 Feb 2014, 01:55 AM

I read everything and I laughed a lot.

I'm not sure I understand? What are the goals to accomplish here?

Relic who wants to make more sales?

If you want us to work for your company for more money, you have to pay us if you want to treat us as employees of communication MVGame

After ... I think the streamers will be happy that you help them grow so they can impress more people.

After that, when I read that you explain how touch a wider audience ...
You know, I think whoever made ​​the drawings you show, the did it because he felt like it, whether it affects a broad public or not is not necessarily his problem.

If you want it to do drawings in the objective of reaching a wider audience for YOUR money, you should pay him.

Troll Noun MVGame

PLEASE Make a picture for a large public, PLS Draw this for a large public, PLS BECOME MY "COMMUNICATION SLAVE" PLS

Respect for players for begin :

Stop to unbalance the game with new commanders with cheat unit like tiger ace for make more money.
12 of 28 Relic postsRelic 13 Feb 2014, 03:07 AM

This has been interpreted as an attempt to recruit people off of COH2.ORG. I can see how it could be read as that.

For that I apologize to Ami and the COH2.ORG team.

I'm happy if people create cool stuff here. A lot of you already do and that's great.
13 Feb 2014, 04:13 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

To be honest, I've never seen this "toxicity" between COH shoutcasters/content creators. All of the casters stepping down is a symptom of them not enjoying COH2 and apparently less viewers enjoy it too because viewer numbers are horrible. Soooo, less viewers, less enjoyment/entertainment, people leave and do other things.
ntd
13 Feb 2014, 04:25 AM
Admin Black Badge

tl;dr version:

Relic is upset with Ami's frustration with Relic breaking promises (ie pay to win dlc) and not fixing gameplay/balance isues spilling over in a twitch stream with a streamer he was on vent with so they're no longer going to support COH2.org/SNF as much as before. Also, it's the casters fault that people aren't getting into the game (lol) and not the state of the game, so let's all just get along.
Neo
13 Feb 2014, 04:39 AM

I think the problem here is that Noun is jumping to Point B on publicizing the game and making people interested in the game etc.

But he's skipping right over Point A which is right now the GAME is the problem.

I read through this whole thread hoping for a Noun response to this very simple point. Should I check back later?

13 Feb 2014, 04:52 AM

I agree, but Noun is a community manager not a member of the dev team. Is Noun going to fix a problem in the game, or a problem in the community?
13 Feb 2014, 04:56 AM

I have no particular issues with the casters (when I get a chance to tune in) or content creators (I'm a huge watcher of ImperialDane and TFN) but whenever I log into COH2 I get... frankly, a little depressed. This community *is* toxic, and I would frankly never point a new player here for fear that *you all* would depress them about the game more than anything. As a shepherd to a newbie, I could talk to them sensibly about the commander pay model and help them adapt to the sometimes unforgiving combat model, but as far as coping with the vitriol in the community, I'm not sure what I could do.
13 Feb 2014, 05:05 AM

I recently played Vcoh again I find the basic T3/T4s of the US vs. Germans to be well balanced and better than COH2. It's asymmetrical but not too much. It's just right. The PE/CW factions however- which are highly asymmetrical are a bit of a mess.

COH2 is more asymmetrical than VCOH (US/Wehr) and it runs into some of the same problems as PE/CW. The base buildings have less unit choice as well.

In the end the game revolves heavily around the tanks, and the having a diverse and interesting T3/T4 is vital for the game. This is the part that VCOH really did a better job with.

I have speculated since last year that if they fixed the T3/T4 and filled it with many call-in units (much of it which is DLC..) then the tactical depth would improve and many of the complaints about the game would evaporate. The biggest problem I have with the game is the T-34. With such a vital tier, they should have just copied the Sherman vs. Panzer IV/Stug IV dynamic from Vcoh. eg. T-34/76, upgrade to T-34/85. Stug III T3, Panzer IV T4.
13 Feb 2014, 05:17 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 21:05 PMNoun

So when I post a 60 minute stream video to YouTube people don't tend to watch it, because most people don't have that much time to spare. There is an audience for that, and we're going to grow it with you, but it's still pretty small.

However when I post a 60 second clip to YouTube, people watch it.

So what to do?

Again that's up to you. But shorter works better for social networks and virality.

Maybe instead of a 1 hour cast of a replay do a 10 minute highlights cast of one. Or to help advertise your 60 minute YouTube video you create a 30 second clip of something awesome happening in the game, with a link that drives to the full video.

That we could share on Facebook and fans would engage with it, meaning more potential views.

This lads. THIS!
13 of 28 Relic postsRelic 13 Feb 2014, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 04:13 AMBudwise
To be honest, I've never seen this "toxicity" between COH shoutcasters/content Be cool to each other people. All of the casters stepping down is a symptom of them not enjoying COH2 and apparently less viewers enjoy it too because viewer numbers are horrible. Soooo, less viewers, less enjoyment/entertainment, people leave and do other things.

It's been there. I think it's better now than it has been and I'm thankful to it.

Again I'd rather not talk about specific incidents here but I'm sure someone on the receiving end of it could message you offline rather than opening old wounds.

And I'm not suggesting that had anything to do with recent departures. As you say those seem to be largely based on those people not enjoying the game.
13 Feb 2014, 05:47 AM

Frankly the community is pretty toxic. I've been guilty of having a toxic attitude myself as the tension and bitterness of this community has rubbed off on to me in the 3 short weeks I've been playing the game. Don't get me started on bm'ing in automatches, when you compare it to the SC2 community every player there is a saint when it comes down to actual match playing. Here, almost eveyone (not all, some of you are good people) has to to throw in a cheap shot or some snide comment as they lose or win the match, without a gg or wp. Pretty minor point you might think but it goes a long way in making a community a fun place to be.

But I don't blame them. Everyone is just pissed off and bitter because Relic have released a sub-par game where some highly questionable design decisions were made. What happened to the that awesome game I played through out my entire high school years? CoH2 sent the franchise one step forward but two steps back.

Now, many of us have hope and believe this game can become good. It will, in time, if Relic get their act together and make the necessary changes. Good game = happy community. Noun does have a point though, we all have to respect each other as fellow players, streamers/youtubners, casters. Short videos, i.e. highlights will definitely get a lot more views. Long replay casts are definitely for the more hardcore/invested CoH2 players.

As it is I wouldn't recommend anyone to play CoH2 atm, not just because of the state of the game and mountain of DLC, but the community too. The fact the community is also a factor suprises me and saddens me. I believe though, someday it will all be good.
13 Feb 2014, 06:30 AM

I, for one, don't find CoH2 community toxic at all.

I rarely see the "I pwn u" monkeys that plague every other multiplayer game, and usually people here are respectful and polite in the various forums about the game.

One of the things that game lacks and that is really hurting the community is the impossibility of easily chat INGAME. Game lobbies would improve much more the community than streaming games, Noun.
I hope you write encouraging posts like the one who opened this team to your developer teams too.

If only, the only thing I see about this community is lately a trend towards negativism and criticism to anything related to the game. And in my opinion, it is well earned.
I'm sure that this "toxic" behaviour and negative comments will cease the very moment Relic announced they won't sell more multiplayer DLC anymore, the true source of all the hate and bitterness.

I can forgive a developer team's laziness or design mistakes, but I can't forgive them when, while doing so, they are trying to selling me a lot of crap that makes even worse my game experience.
13 Feb 2014, 06:34 AM
Senior Caster Badge

When you can only fast forward at a replay at a limited speed, and when you can't rewind if you miss the cool thing or get it at the wrong camera angle, getting a good 10 second clip for Relic to share on Facebook is pretty tough. Making videos is hard enough without the game fighting you.

In terms of replay features compared to CoH, we had basically nothing until a little while ago when we finally got to see resources. It also doesn't help that blizzards and the generally muddy and indistinct color scheme make a lot of the clips you'd want to capture ugly in the first place. And the game's performance tanking at random times really messes with recording too.

Just throwing that out there, as someone who once made videos but who never bothered with highlights and stuff for all sorts of reasons.
14 of 28 Relic postsRelic 13 Feb 2014, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 06:30 AMGreeb
I, for one, don't find CoH2 community toxic at all.

I rarely see the "I pwn u" monkeys that plague every other multiplayer game, and usually people here are respectful and polite in the various forums about the game.

I would tend to agree with you but my perception on this is skewed.

On one hand as part of the endorcement team I see all the reports of bad behaviour. On the other when I play I rarely see any.

I do think player to player negativity is much better in CoH2 than in vCoH. Part of that is CoH has a much larger player base after selling millions of copies. (This is before the server switch). It was also much cheaper, basically free at times with the humble bundle.

Plus I think the elimination of alternate accounts and reliance on Steam ID helps.
13 Feb 2014, 07:47 AM
Patrion 14

we'll work something out
13 Feb 2014, 08:14 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

@Noun. On the news of the game, should make a reminder to people about respect for other players, fair play, ect. And perhaps change the images and text, even the same. For people over time do not overlook
13 Feb 2014, 08:21 AM
Patrion 14

I think Greeb is right about lobbies. But if we are returning to that model (and I hope we do) the game needs mods. I'm hardly mister politically-correct, but the nazi / race trolls that used to infest vCoH chat were disgusting.
PAGES (25)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS