Login

russian armor

Call to action - Let's Be Awesome Together

PAGES (25)down
14 Feb 2014, 22:39 PM

Best read I had in a long time

I am a noob 4v4 player since release of COH, never liked 1v1 or 2v2. Had huge expectations for this, spent a ton of cash on it and bought all but 2 commanders and I am still HUGELY disappointed with this mess as most 4v4's people still get kicked and balance that will never be addressed at this level because we are noobs and our opinions suck --- MVGame

Some random raged here about relic not listing to the community, and then got taken out with a cheap shot stating that 60$ don't make you own relic. Damn bro, a customer has a voice, be it 1$ or a million you spent and they (Relic) has up to now largely ignored the greater majority of people's feedback by developing the game the way they like it, and not their customers. That for me is the biggest fail. I hope this thread turns shit around.

As for streams etc,
I love watching all the guys who stream, SibFM, the gentleman Stephen, raging Hans, my fucking HERO Von, etc. I would have loved for each of these guys to have the amount of views Lirik gets in twitch but this game will never track that amount of people for a number of different reasons.

I still have SNF withdrawals and absolutely worshipped Ami's shoutcasts - YOU RULE BRO

Thus, even if i dont play anymore I still support the game with the hope the RELIC, not just Noun, analyse this 16 page document of rage, disappointment, insight and hindsight.

And finally - I fucking love all of the community even Nullist - god rest his soul.

Happy fucking valentines day
14 Feb 2014, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 22:23 PMwuff

We all know most of those reviews are not legitimate.

Like ever other metacritic has been legitamate?
14 Feb 2014, 22:41 PM

This - AND the fact that COH1 is in the unplayable state it's in - basically removing the "well if you don't like COH2 then don't play it" - as simply there's no alternative given COH has been crippled.

Essentially the "existing" (pre-COH2) community is just left feeling pretty lousy about this whole experience - hence the negativity.

COH2 really should have just had a name change - had nothing to do with COH1 and then it'd be judged on its own merit and credits - and "old school" COH1'ers wouldn't be as critical as they are about COH "2".

Gotta agree here. The biggest sign that this game did not live up to the expectations of the competitive CoH1 scene is that nearly nobody of them is playing CoH2 atm. If CoH2 was a good game in terms of competitiveness, the old competitive CoH1 community would have shown itself much more. Especially since CoH1 is not really playable, either. But all the players that I am still in contact with are playing games like League, SC2 or other games.

I am watching some streams (Hans' for example) to see if it improved, and although I can't talk about details, it just seems like the game is stagnating for at least half a year now.

If anybody wants to come up with the argument that I am not even playing it and that I want it to fail, well, just ask yourself why I am still looking through this forum.
14 Feb 2014, 23:14 PM

PS Both Krebs and Basilone were CoH) noobs,who tried to recreate a self-justifying back-history to exculpate themselves with the good ole boys,but that is another story.....
lol?

But yeah you are right, Harlequin was awesome.
14 Feb 2014, 23:25 PM

If COH1 hadn't been so good and COH2 hadn't ripped out just about everything most of the players enjoyed about COH1 (I say most...cause well look around)...people/players would be playing COH2.

They wouldn't be on the forums bitching and moaning much about COH2.

Instead they read the forums with hope. Give it time...the hope will fade away and the fanbois will remain.

Too many things are missing from COH2 that made COH1 the game it was.

It'll be amusing to watch Relic try to save this DLC P2W game and fail in utter futility. Could see the desperation build over the last few months.
15 Feb 2014, 01:20 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 23:25 PMLionRed
If COH1 hadn't been so good and COH2 hadn't ripped out just about everything most of the players enjoyed about COH1 (I say most...cause well look around)...people/players would be playing COH2.

They wouldn't be on the forums bitching and moaning much about COH2.

Instead they read the forums with hope. Give it time...the hope will fade away and the fanbois will remain.

Too many things are missing from COH2 that made COH1 the game it was.

It'll be amusing to watch Relic try to save this DLC P2W game and fail in utter futility. Could see the desperation build over the last few months.

Most? Who are you talking about? And why would you wanna see Relic fail? Dont you want this game to get better and better and see a major success instead? Come on ffs!
15 Feb 2014, 01:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Most? Who are you talking about? And why would you wanna see Relic fail? Dont you want this game to get better and better and see a major success instead? Come on ffs!

You make a good point- to me it feels as if some people would rather the game continue as it is - and quite possibly fail - out of a 'told you so', somewhat spiteful attitude.

At the same time though there a lots of people with very good points as to why the game in its current state and direction will probably do worse in the long run than COH1 yet still have optimism that things might change for the better, so make of that what you will.
15 Feb 2014, 01:37 AM
Donator 33

Yeah there is room for improvement, and i really believe this next patch will make the game alot enjoyable,

but in the future it would be nice if we would not need many patches to even out the new units that come and rape everything, but in time, even those units get their counters and players adapt to dealing with them.

Still anxious to see what relic has in store for us, and will we ever see the mighty king tiger, or SU-100!
15 Feb 2014, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 20:23 PMCieZ
Okay Inverse, so we both agree that you need a community that wants to play a game competitive - well we have that for CoH 2.

I really don't see the problem then...

Let me simplify it as possible for you.

COH2 had massive following before it was even released.
Player base, casters, streamers, pro players, skirmishers, 1v1 players, 4v4 players. Sites like this one, promotion from existing COH player base, moders, map makers, former COH fans etc etc.
All ready and hardly waiting to play COH2
Discussions what player base wanted improved, changed, looked at. etc between developers and community was there; Promises, vision of the game etc were given.

Somewhere down the line Relic decides that it wants to target 'casual' and new players and make game appealing to that market.

Immediately 150,000,000 strong Russian market that wanted to play COH2 for obvious reasons is up in arms over the way Soviets are portrayed. (don't wanna go into validity, but none the less huge market lost)

Shortly after release 'casual' players (team games, skirmish, basic annihilate COH players) slowly realize that custom game lobby isn't in the plan, and those people for whom the game is supposed to be catered start spamming forums asking for custom lobby, etc. Eventually they give up and start leaving game in droves.

You get new players who find it to difficult to master Soviet units. Calling SU85 worthless and Cons useless and playing German = auto win. No one wants to play Soviet and 95% of time everyone searches as German. After long wait naturally they get a game vs experienced VCOH players who troll them and wipe them.
They endlessly complain on Steam forums, eventually abandoning the game in droves.
Lastly 'Pros' (1v1 players), who were this entire time been hopeful and taunting 'casuals' how their game mode is not important and arguing against Custom lobby, and telling newbies that they are stupid and L2P, realize that nothing is changing.
They start abandoning the game together with casters, streamers

And here we are right now, with people who find the game good thinking that community is toxic and Relic is doing everything in their power to make the game the best for everyone.

I am sorry, but I cannot agree with you that few people like Basilione and Inverse or me are guilty party because COH2 doesn't have large enough community.
I cannot also agree with Noun that it's casters fault that people don't watch casts
And I cannot see why Relic expects free promo from people who were deeply involved with COH franchise and spent countless hours working for free to make the COH what it was. When they were and still are clearly let down

The pattern clearly shows where the problem lies.

You like the game, great for you. I still play occasionally, but no I don't find the game that interesting or fun to play.

I do hope tho, like all the people here that waste their time and 'bitch' about the game they don't even like

Good hunting to you
15 Feb 2014, 03:30 AM
15 Feb 2014, 11:59 AM

Read it all, always comes up the same thing:

Relic has to talk openly with the trusted users of this community.

I've had it, I upgraded my computer for this game, spend much time on it, but competitive wise ( who take it more serious), it's a load of crap. Every game is a gamble, who will win? The noob or the skilled player ? Who can best exploid the failures of the game?
I'm talking about 2v2, not 1v1.

Gl though, I'm not putting any more energy in this.
15 Feb 2014, 12:18 PM

It'd be a small sub forum...LOL

No it wouldn't.

And what the fuck are you even doing here? Honestly? Like, 50% of the people on here don't like the game and just constantly bitch and moan about it. Why isn't this forum closed yet?

There's no fucking point.
15 Feb 2014, 12:25 PM

No it wouldn't.

And what the fuck are you even doing here? Honestly? Like, 50% of the people on here don't like the game and just constantly bitch and moan about it. Why isn't this forum closed yet?

Because negative opinions should be erased, right? Only good and positive opinons should be posted here, right?
Seriously dude, if you want to read only sugar words you should go to the official forums, where mods there think like you.

Btw, I wonder how easily you confuse criticising the game with not loving it.
Precisely because a lot of people here wants CoH2 to be a better game, they are throwing those negative opinions, because the thing is that the current state of the game is terrible and detrimental for the game itself.
15 Feb 2014, 12:28 PM

No it wouldn't.

Companies totally deserve defenders like you when they've screwed up and then lie about it.

They're probably super sad and you really matter to them as their friend in dire times.

In case this is going over your head: yes, that was sarcasm.
15 Feb 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 12:25 PMGreeb

Because negative opinions should be erased, right? Only good and positive opinons should be posted here, right?
Seriously dude, if you want to read only sugar words you should go to the official forums, where mods there think like you.

Btw, I wonder how easily you confuse criticising the game with not loving it.
Precisely because a lot of people here wants CoH2 to be a better game, they are throwing those negative opinions, because the thing is that the current state of the game is terrible and detrimental for the game itself.

Yea but most of these people don't even want to help Relic at all it seems. It doesn't matter what Relic attempts to do, you'll all brand it as "lololol pay 2 win huehue supor witty am rite". Actually constructive critiscm in a professional and nice manner would be awesome.

And how the hell is the game in a terrible state right now? Because of these "pay 2 win" commanders? Well, elite is being nerfed into the ground and industry has been nerfed some more. The shortcomings like input lag and all that shit will be fixed with the new patch that's coming out.
15 Feb 2014, 12:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

From my perspective, this is a forum for fans of the Company of Heroes series. A lot of the older hands who came from CoH1 or newer players who are negative about CoH2 are perfectly entitled to their opinions, and perfectly entitled to post them on the forums.

That said, I don't want it derailing threads too much. So if people could please kindly go back to talking about Noun's original post and his ideas that's would be awesome. I'd suggest someone make another thread for general discussion about DLC Whoring, Pay2Win and all that stuff, as I expect Noun has got the message by now. I'll be temp banning anyone who carries this on as it's run it's course in this thread.

15 Feb 2014, 12:58 PM

I may come across arrogant, but just make an awesome game and then we can be awsome together. Its as simple as that, but it seems that we have a different understanding of what awesome means.

The numbers of people playing the game are down (look it up in your super high-tech metric system), and x-number of sales wont save the game. And the number of players (NOT GOOD) reflects the state of the game, not the community. You have a very strong community, despite all the incidents.

Dont just throw that away, beacuse you will be sorry in the end.

15 Feb 2014, 13:00 PM
Patrion 14

Yep, CoH2.org has turned into a fucking echo chamber at the moment. I'm an old hand vCoH player and even I'm down on the negativity here. I might revisit this forum in a few weeks to see if it's got better, but Ami needs to know this place is getting a rep as being the RPGCodex of COH. That is to say a festering, gonzo pit of hate and bile. And it's not even *funny* hate and bile.

BeltFed Actual OUT.
15 Feb 2014, 13:14 PM

Yep, CoH2.org has turned into a fucking echo chamber at the moment. I'm an old hand vCoH player and even I'm down on the negativity here. I might revisit this forum in a few weeks to see if it's got better, but Ami needs to know this place is getting a rep as being the RPGCodex of COH. That is to say a festering, gonzo pit of hate and bile. And it's not even *funny* hate and bile.

BeltFed Actual OUT.

Most of the haters you name probably preordered the game or bought a Collector Edition. I'm sure that most of them recommended the game to their friends, or talked wonders about it...

Relic should think hard what made that a big fan of the franquise could change his mind in so few months regarding the game. And not, the problem wasn't the casters.
Everyone of us knows what happened, even Relic know what happened but somewhat they don't want to touch that matter and they are just taking useless detours like talking about new casts and tournaments.

That's like trying to heal giving an aspirine to someone with a bullet in the head. Maybe you have good intentions but you're wasting your time.
15 Feb 2014, 14:03 PM

And how the hell is the game in a terrible state right now? Because of these "pay 2 win" commanders? Well, elite is being nerfed into the ground and industry has been nerfed some more. The shortcomings like input lag and all that shit will be fixed with the new patch that's coming out.

Thats not the problem, its just one of the bigger and more controversial ones. There is blizzards, terrible optimization, rip off DCE, outrageously priced DLC, lack of global upgrades, doctrine design (even if they were all free its still a terrible system imo), lack of a mid game, super tanks that shoot over halfway across the map, and the really inconsistent and uber slow pace of the early game infantry engagements that would easily last several minutes if not for rifle nades and molotovs.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS