Login

russian armor

Call to action - Let's Be Awesome Together

PAGES (25)down
14 Feb 2014, 08:43 AM

General mistake, is a streamer, youtube content creator and is active on relic news and the official forums. So yes it was.
14 Feb 2014, 08:44 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 08:40 AMFanatic

I got absolutly no idea who General Mistake is. Someone who is active @GR? He isn´t a popular / known german player, he isn´t a popular german streamer, he isn´t an active member at the biggest german fan side hq-coh.com or at YouTuber. Otherwise i would know him. Means i wouldn´t consider him being part of the german community and thats my point: The german community wasn´t represented in Vancover at all.

That's so bloody German - there's an official list as to whether you are a member of 'The Community' or not.
14 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM

haha I get the vibe of, I was invited therefore the community wasn't represented.
14 Feb 2014, 08:51 AM

so maybe coho wasnt so bad after all?
14 Feb 2014, 08:59 AM
Patrion 14

CoHO was awesome and I loved it to bits.

It was totally upfront about the P2W aspect and you couldn't argue with it.
14 Feb 2014, 09:59 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 08:43 AMRogers
General mistake, is a streamer, youtube content creator and is active on relic news and the official forums. So yes it was.

Let me guess.. his content is in english, isn't it?

So he is active on relicnews and the official forum. Both aren´t german fan sides. As i said, he isn´t active on hq-coh.com, he isn´t active in the german CoH YouTube Community. That´s the point.

It´s all about Relic not being present in the german community and Relic knows about it´s lack of presence and the mistakes they made in the past. Noun admit it and they hire a german CM to fill these gap. Which is a good thing and a step in the right direction. Looking forward to this.

You are right BeltFedWombat. There is no official list. Because it´s really easy: Beeing active in a community makes you a member of a community or a specific part of the whole community. You are not part of the german community just because you are borne in germany. I doesn´t matter where you come from or where you live, just your your presence matters.

Why were Sepha, Ami, Hans, and the others chosen to take part in this event? Because they are all active in the community @GR, @Coh2.org, they are famous, known, so everyone accepts them as a delegate. General Mistake was maybe chosen because is he is active on relicnews and the official forum or for his YouTube work.

I hope you understand the message: It´s not about the passport you own or the place of your birth it´s about beeing active, he is not known to us which makes him a bad delegate. I agree, there was someone form germany in Vancover but it doenst chance the fact that the german community wasn´t represented.

I think we don´t need to talk about this any more. Noun already said Relic knows about this problem, he said they made a mistake in the past and they hired a german speaking CM. These are all good approaches and i am looking forward and hope there will be a better cooperation in the futter. Furthermore i hope Relic wakes up, takes the informations shared here and makes CoH2 a better game. Hopefully it´s not too late.
14 Feb 2014, 10:56 AM
Benefactor 115

Let me be more precise:

You CAN play an esports title casually.
But you CANNOT play a casual game as an esports title.

It's that easy. It simply does NOT work to try to appeal to both esports and casuals at the same time. The only thing you CAN do is to make the game for esports and then guide casuals into the esports side from the game.

That's not true, not true at all.

I posted a documentary about the smash bros: melee scene. The game's lead designer and director has been quoted that he designed the game to be a party game and Nintendo has issued law suits to people creating content for the game or streaming the game in the past.

I'll link to it once more in the hopes that people who vehemently believe what I quoted will change their opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUHkRwnRH-KTCH3tJ9WvsWWPEgUu-y6d
14 Feb 2014, 11:01 AM

Lol @ thread. imagine noobs reading this...

Yep, let's just hope we don't bring this thread to the stream chats.
14 Feb 2014, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 08:43 AMRogers

that's like saying "oh and by the way, the japanese community was invited too, because we picked up that random guy from the street that looked asian and said he had heard of CoH. turns out he was philippino and meant Call of Duty."

i've even googled him because i had never heard of him before... and apart from 2 replays on GR, a post on the steam community about coh2 drophacks and this very thread (yes, if you google: <"general mistake" company of heroes> THIS VERY THREAD is already one of the top results... goes to show how famous he is...) nothing useful turns up.

OF COURSE people will be pissed if a guy like that gets invited and they don't, because, honestly... i think even i would have been more deserving than that guy :-D
14 Feb 2014, 11:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think you're being a little unfair, Crawler.

General Mistake also co-casted with Aramonkg, unless I am mistaken
14 Feb 2014, 11:18 AM

I think you're being a little unfair, Crawler.

General Mistake also co-casted with Aramonkg, unless I am mistaken

okay... let me put it this way:

you could argue that the Transport Tycoon Deluxe community was also at Vancouver, because somebody that was there played TTD 20 years ago. Once.

That guy is completely unknown in the german community. That's like saying that guy that lives in my dorm (that can't even speak proper english) counts as part of the british community just because his mothers sister married an irish guy. you are part of a community once you contribute to it. that guy did not contribute to the german community (to be fair, i was argueing that his contribution to the coh community couldn't have been big if i can't find anything, but that might be wrong). saying it over and over again that he did does not only not make it so, it also feels very irritating and insulting to members of that community.
14 Feb 2014, 11:39 AM

Unfortunately for you, the majority of the people prefer to watch and/or listen to casters and streamers who show themselves and are native speakers. This holds both cross-game and cross-country.

You are soooooooooooooooooo wrong. TFN was (i hope i can say in the future "is") one of the best if not the best casting platform for vCOH and COH2.
So please speak for yourself and not everybody. I dont care if i can see ther faces. The casting is that what counts. And about there English?????? WTF are you saying???
The man is a Brit, you know? England? Speaking English???
14 Feb 2014, 12:00 PM

The more i read the post from "The Riddler" the more i get pissed. Get lost you and your U.S.A. This game gets sold on this entire Planet (Planet is not only the U.S, you know?. So noone cares about the native Language

Was my English good enough for you? If not i don't give a f....
14 Feb 2014, 12:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

streamers/casters /youtubers wont save this game.

14 Feb 2014, 12:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Let's stay on topic please and not derail the discussion too much please ;)
14 Feb 2014, 12:58 PM

Again, I am not trying to insult individual casters, but merely observe, compare and analyze the differences between casters in other games and CoH(2). Clearly, the quality/state of the game is significant, but a given nonetheless, which cannot be changed by a caster. This is why the current state of CoH2 is irrelevant for this particular observation.

So what do we observe about the majority of successful casters of other games that mainly focus on viewers/consumers in the Western world, while taking the quality/state of the game as a given?

1. "Personality";
2. Native speaker;
3. On camera;
4. Reasonable understanding of the game.

Exceptions aside, the CoH2 community has very few casters that meet all these criteria, which is unfortunate.

@FatalSaint: Aimstrong, DevM, Aljaz etc. were some of the best players without a doubt, but did not draw a large crowd (I think I spelled it right this time :P) in comparison to other players who streamed with webcams and commented on their gameplay in flawless English. Nevertheless, being extremely good at a game is definately one of the most important factors that decides the success of a streamer.

P.S. in case you are still hung up on a spelling mistake, it would not hurt to know that every single author in the field of literature, science and pulp use a secondary reader and/or third party to correct spelling mistakes.
14 Feb 2014, 13:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Riddler, you've been proved wrong about this Native Speaker stuff. Drop it or take it to another thread.
14 Feb 2014, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 18:20 PMGreeb

What I'm saying is that DLC abilities and units really destroy the fun in the game. And if the game is not funny, nobody will want to see streams or try to improve his gameplay watching the pro players playing.

I remember that I joined several CoH communities because I wanted to find answers to my enemies strategies, because they used plenty of strange starting building orders, aggressive cut-offs, suicidal maneuvers and units that I believed useless in order to beat me. There was a lot of variety and game styles in every game and after every patch things reset and everybody was busy experimenting new strategies.

CoH2 instead has the same openings build orders since alpha. Strategies are always the same except when balance patchs overnerf something. The game is not organic anymore.
Strategies are dictated by balance patches and nerfs and not by creative players.

thanks for these words, thats the main problem from my point of view, give the game more stratetic depth like vCoH
14 Feb 2014, 13:11 PM

That's not true, not true at all.

I posted a documentary about the smash bros: melee scene. The game's lead designer and director has been quoted that he designed the game to be a party game and Nintendo has issued law suits to people creating content for the game or streaming the game in the past.

I'll link to it once more in the hopes that people who vehemently believe what I quoted will change their opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUHkRwnRH-KTCH3tJ9WvsWWPEgUu-y6d

I was referring to RTS, not to action/racing games. As long as reflexes play a big role you have a high skill cap by default. Just like with shooters. Even if made casually (like CoD) you'll still CAN have an active esport community if the playerbase is large enough.

However, this does not apply to RTS.
14 Feb 2014, 13:16 PM
Benefactor 115

yes keep doing it till it suits your agenda.

Magic The Gathering can be considered play to win, it has quite a high element of luck involved and you dont need super fast reflexes because it's a turn based card game but it's competitive and has great viewership.

PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight