Login

russian armor

Who uses ostheer t3

11 Feb 2014, 19:50 PM

That is correct. Soviets rely on combined arms and unit abilities to defeat Ost, whereas Ost relies on excellent individual unit micro because of their fewer units. Ost abilities generally revolve around preserving units for longer periods.

I really enjoy playing as Soviet right now I can easily take down almost any tank with 2 guards squads and a shot or two from an AT gun. Button is expensive, but you should be getting a kill on a tank for using it so definitely worth it.

I never have more fun then when I am Soviet and am laying down a mine field and luring my opponent into it before I spring the trap and destroy 3 or 4 squads at once. Quite fun, often gets the rage quit.

TLDR: Munitions = MP, spend yours take theirs!

With this I agree. As Soviet you must spend muniton on doing damage. As German you spend munition on upgrade.

And T3. Rememeber you on old CoH. T3 have nice nebelwerfers and pumas. This make T3 very atractive.
12 Feb 2014, 07:49 AM
Patrion 14

The panzerwerfer was in tier3 earlier. I even think that the voice still calls out "tanks and rocket artillery" when you tech up. Not sure I would want to face the werfer in tier 3 though. I shure as heck would love it in my ostheer play. Think it should stay in t4. And yes the werfer obliterates sov positions.

The problem I got is that pgren blobs supported by say light artillery barrage eat maxims and zis guns for breakfast. And if they go 5 pgrens it feels all out wrong spamming costly shocks to counter. You need many to counter that many pgs.

Mines? Well, they get blown up by barrages from either side.

Katyushas, the placement of the barrage must be good, and they could still retreat and get back again. Leaving a hole for player2 to rush in while the trucks are on cool down. Same goes with any other arty, even il2 strafe. And that's a ton of muni to get your opponent to retreat (sure they will most likely lose a squad, still).

Guards button the tanks? Yeah, smoke. And if they got 3 panthers buttoning requires a whole lot of squads.

I think I have to agree on that soviet needs to prevent ostheer from getting so much resources. However, with the current income system it's not as "easy" as in coh1. Most likely this is map related as well. Any good 2v2 harass strats that come to mind?
12 Feb 2014, 14:22 PM

Yes, even the spanish version says in T3 that there is available medium tanks and rocket artillery when you tech up.

One question, if Werfer was in T3..what was instead of it in T4..¿?
12 Feb 2014, 14:28 PM

Yes, even the spanish version says in T3 that there is available medium tanks and rocket artillery when you tech up.

One question, if Werfer was in T3..what was instead of it in T4..¿?

Elephant.
12 Feb 2014, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 14:28 PMKatitof

Elephant.

Ahhh...shiat.. paradise :(
12 Feb 2014, 16:46 PM

Ahhh...shiat.. paradise :(

Yeah early beta was all kinds of unbalanced. I still to this day do not understand how they thought putting that behemoth in T4 was going to be anywhere near balancable. Luckely they realized their mistake early on.
12 Feb 2014, 16:56 PM

Yeah early beta was all kinds of unbalanced. I still to this day do not understand how they thought putting that behemoth in T4 was going to be anywhere near balancable. Luckely they realized their mistake early on.

perhaps but the elefant back then did only 160 damage a shot. Current tier 3 is not worth it. both the stug and p4 are not performing for cost and ostwind while good can easily be replaced with the brumbar. in short tier 4 offers far more usefull units then tier 3.
12 Feb 2014, 17:01 PM

Yeah..*Luckely*... I guess :P:P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS